NBA 2015-16

The Berean

The Warriors won their 20th game on Wednesday night beating the Charlotte Hornets, 116-99. :banana:

Last edited:

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
22-0

Tough game coming up on Tuesday @ Indiana. It will be the fifth game of their seven game eastern road trip.

If they can somehow remain undefeated after this road trip, they then have five in a row at home, including the Christmas game against Cleveland.

If they are still undefeated heading into the Christmas game against Cleveland (they would be 28-0), it may get the highest TV ratings for a regular season game.

The Berean

:jawdrop:

166 points.

Did Curry have 103 pts?

He foiled Dell Curry night here in Charlotte.

Hahaha. That was a typo. The score was 116-99.

A few weeks ago a reporter actually asked Curry on a perfect night how many points could he score? Curry said if he played 48 minutes and had his best shooting night he could probably score about 75 points.

http://www.foxsports.com/nba/story/...e-warriors-100-points-in-a-game-75-ish-111315

http://www.cbssports.com/nba/eye-on...-75-points-is-in-range-but-100-would-be-tough

The Berean

22-0

Tough game coming up on Tuesday @ Indiana. It will be the fifth game of their seven game eastern road trip.

If they can somehow remain undefeated after this road trip, they then have five in a row at home, including the Christmas game against Cleveland.

If they are still undefeated heading into the Christmas game against Cleveland (they would be 28-0), it may get the highest TV ratings for a regular season game.

The Indiana game will also be their third game in four nights. I think last night the W's may have had some tired legs and it was the second game of a back-to-back. If the Warriors make it to that Christmas game undefeated they will not only be 28-0 for the seaason but they will have won 32 straight games overall. A win over the Cavs and LeBron would tie the 1971-72 Lakers.

SaulToPaul 2

I can't think of another player that looks like a high school kid who dominated the game like Curry is. Has there been another?
Least physically imposing dominant player of all time?

And, I used to think Nash was the best shooter in recent history. Not anymore.

The Berean

I can't think of another player that looks like a high school kid who dominated the game like Curry is. Has there been another?
Allan Iverson? But Iverson was just a ball hogging scorer who didn't play much defense or pass the ball. Only five players 6'3" or shorter have won MVP awards.

6'3"- Stephen Curry, Steve Nash (2x MVP), Derrick Rose
6'1"- Bob Cousy
6'0"- Allan Iverson

What's amazing about Curry is that practices 30 ft shots and I think he's made 4-5 already this season. This shot from last season was just crazy!

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
What's amazing about Curry

I'm not disagreeing that Curry is amazing, but from another perspective:

Curry is averaging 32.4 points during this amazing start the Warriors are having. Michael Jordan averaged over 37 points for the entire season.

No matter what record the Warriors finish with this season, there ain't no way they beat the 95-96 Bulls in a series.

The Spurs beat the 76'ers 119-68 tonight (by 53 points), despite the fact that the Spurs rested their starters.

The Berean

I'm not disagreeing that Curry is amazing, but from another perspective:

Curry is averaging 32.4 points during this amazing start the Warriors are having. Michael Jordan averaged over 37 points for the entire season.

No matter what record the Warriors finish with this season, there ain't no way they beat the 95-96 Bulls in a series.

The Spurs beat the 76'ers 119-68 tonight (by 53 points), despite the fact that the Spurs rested their starters.

Jordan put up that 37 ppg in the 1980's when Jordan was in his younger years and not during the Bulls championship years. Also Curry has sat out the entire fourth quarter of four games this season already. Last year Curry sat out the entire fourth quarter of about 20 games or so. That's a lot.

As for the current Warriors vs the 1995-96 Bulls under what rules would they play? In 1995-96 the three point line was only 22 ft I believe. Can you imagine Curry having the shorter three point line?

So far 22 games into the season the Warriors are more dominant than the Bulls were through their first 22 games. That doesn't mean the Warriors are better, though. I prefer to wait until at least the season is half over before really talking about comparisons. But comparisons are tough because the two eras are so different.

SaulToPaul 2

One on one, an age 27 MJ beats age 27 Curry 99 times out of 100.
Shooting contest, Curry beats MJ 99 times out 100.

The Berean

So far through 22 games the Warriors have outscored their oppenents by an average of 14.9 points per game. Through 22 games the 1995-86 Bulls outscored their opponents by 10.0 points per game. The Warriors have outscored their opponents by 327 total points through 22 games. The Bulls had outscored their oppenents by 220 total points through 22 games. So far the Warriors have been far more dominant through 22 games than the Bulls were through their first 22 games. Again this doesn't prove anything but it is food for thought. The Bulls were 20-2 through 22 games. But then they went on a long winning streak and were 41-3 through 44 games.

SonOfCaleb

Nash was overrated. He didn't deserve the second MVP.
Isaiah Thomas, AI and Curry are the best little men in the history of the league. I've been watching basketball for a long time and never in my life have i ever seen a PG like Curry. I thought his dad was good back in the day when he was at Charlotte and i always wanted to have a killer stroke like Del, but his son takes the cake. His got that quick release like Reggie Miller but shoots the ball like its a video game.
Its no wonder Mark Jackson was like a giddy teen fan when he was coaching GS.
Team splash brothers are something else. They're the best back court iv seen in a long long time.

The Berean

The Warriors win again, beating he Indiana Pacers 131-123. :banana: The Warriors are now 23-0. This is their 27th consecutive regular season win, tying the 2012-13 Miami Heat for the 2nd longest winning streak in NBA history.