NAACP leader outed as white

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I believe these two are connected. By identifying as black she doesn't just mean having dark skin. She means that she "understands the black experience" as is she was born to black parents and grew up as a black person in America. And that is a ridiculous, foolish, and ignorant statement. She has no idea what it means to be truly black. She grew up in Montana in a white family in a white town. Her heritage is Czech, Swedish, and German. As Jon Stewart exclaimed, "That's really f-ing white!". A large number of black women are truly and deeply offended and insulted. And rightfully so. They see Dolezal as a 21st century, black-face, minstrel, clown show. Why does she deny her true heritage? The question I would ask her would be "Are you ashamed of your true heritage?" :think:

This brilliant article brings up several major and key points as to why Dolezal's lies hurt the black community. Dolezal's appropriating black culture is is many ways similar to white supremacists denigrate black culture.

How Rachel Dolezal’s lies hurt black people

Some key points:

If Rachel Dolezal really, truly cared about the black community, then she would have known (especially as a professor of African-American studies) how inappropriate it is as a white woman to try to speak for black people. She would have known that Blackness is more than skin-deep. She would have stayed in her Whiteness and done the hard and necessary work that white allies need to do. She would have used her privilege to make changes in the white community. She would have worked to dismantle the system of privilege that apparently had made Whiteness so unattractive to her.

But instead she fled. And in fleeing into Blackness and claiming it for her own, she did what so many defenders of white supremacy have done — she simplified Blackness to skin tone and hair texture. She divorced the best of black culture from the struggle that it was born from. She claimed the community, the platform, the music, the clothing, the hairstyle — all without a minute of the fear, oppression and discrimination that black Americans have faced for centuries, and still face to this day.

Rachel Dolezal can get a tan and a perm and pass for black in a world that views Blackness simply as anything darker and nappier than white. Black women can’t go a shade or two lighter and become white, they would have to find a way to remove all of their Blackness in order to pass. In a world where anybody can be this one dimensional definition of black, only the privileged few can be white. Blackness disappears, Whiteness remains untouched.

Excellent, in-depth response. :thumb:

Granite

Hall of Fame

Agreed. I think whatever her issues may be (simple hubris, a clinical personality disorder, etc.) it's her appropriation of an undeserved, unearned identity and utter lack of remorse for her lies that will do her in for good. There's nothing authentic about Dolezal at all.

serpentdove

BANNED
Banned
[I was born a poor black child..."]

The Left :Commie: is feelings based not reality based. Ac 17:26

Black or White ~ Homosexual pedophile (born a black male died a white
emoticones_gestos_cruzando-los-dedos2_en.PlanetaEmoticon.com.gif
female)

Last edited:

The Berean

Thank you for your kind words Rusha. :D I think this last scene from the film Soul Man really hits the nail on the head. For those who don't know the plot of the film, the film is about a young white man (portrayed by Thomas C. Howell) who is accepted into Harvard Law School. His father refuses to pay for law school so the young man decides to apply for a scholarship for black students. He darkens his skill and gets a perm. The film is a comedy and a poor one at that. For the most part it falls back on tiresome racial stereotypes and some of the "jokes" are just straight out racist. At the end of the film after he outs himself as white he has a talk with one of his law professors (portrayed by James Earl Jones). The young man learned a hard life lesson about what black people go through. This is a lesson that Rachel Dolezal has yet to learn it seems.

Last edited:

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
Well, I'm sorry TH bowed out of his end of the conversation
It was a joke. He did that to an actual conversation we were having in another thread a few days back.

because I think these two really do have something in common
:idunno: This and that. I like him. He's a little temperamental and it can leave me scratching my head from time to time, but that's life.

- but I can't figure out what it is...?
You should probably think about it some more then...that or just blurt out some insulting bit of unprovoked crap.

Is it an incredible ego combined with unquenchable extrovert desires and no real care for other humans?
Went with the crap then. :plain: One thing I don't care for? People who can't decide which face is their own.

Granite

Hall of Fame
It was a joke. He did that to an actual conversation we were having in another thread a few days back.

:idunno: This and that. I like him. He's a little temperamental and it can leave me scratching my head from time to time, but that's life.

You should probably think about it some more then...that or just blurt out some insulting bit of unprovoked crap.

Went with the crap then. :plain: One thing I don't care for? People who can't decide which face is their own.

If you got something to say to me do it directly and don't waste time within the thread with this passive aggressive nonsense.:smokie:

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
Ew, sorry I stepped in on your two's conversation?
We weren't really having one.

He said he thought Jenner was honest. I was provoked.
Not by me you weren't. I haven't had anything to say to you that wasn't pleasant and friendly in a very long time.

I think Jenner is shrewd - but probably much more dishonest and uncaring for those who care for him than the frizzy permed hair gal. But I do think both are types of user sociopaths.
I just entered the thread wondering why we celebrate one and heckle the other when they're both in very similar circumstances...something I don't think Granite would agree with, among others.

And you only have one thing you don't care for, TH?
Must be nice being you, eh?
I didn't say only one thing.

I don't care about or for all sorts of things, like most people. And, like most people, when I make an effort, befriend someone and they pull what you did for no real reason I write it down as a life lesson.

It's not your fault. You are who you are.

See you around the joint.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
The only thing more infuriating about you being you is you being you when I least expect it.
I'm always me.

I did NOT hurt or insult YOU, BUT YOUR SENSITIVITY seems to be not just working on high but on fumes from of whatever they must be burning in your area
I'm not hurt. I'm not mad. I was surprised, which was foolish in hindsight. Look, I don't care for people who blow hot and cold. You insulted me on a personal level when I hadn't done a thing to you so I've cut ties and counted myself educated where you're concerned.

Simple as that.

Granite

Hall of Fame
Wow, just when I thought it couldn't get more ridiculous...Now Dolezal is claiming there is no proof here white parents are her biological parents.

Rachel Dolezal: There’s no proof those two white people are my biological parents

Except her parents have provided copies of Dolezal's birth certificate. Oops!

http://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...-naacp-president-rachel-dolezal-may-be-white/

This whole thing's officially jumped the shark.

I can't even imagine what POTUS makes of all this.:rotfl:

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
Wow, just when I thought it couldn't get more ridiculous...Now Dolezal is claiming there is no proof here white parents are her biological parents.

Rachel Dolezal: There’s no proof those two white people are my biological parents

Except her parents have provided copies of Dolezal's birth certificate. Oops!

http://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...-naacp-president-rachel-dolezal-may-be-white/

She appears to be claiming that perhaps she was adopted like her black brothers and sisters and her birth certificate depending on state issued, will list the adopted parents as the actual parents and i know that for a fact, since my step father adopted me and his name is listed on mine as my birth father (even though he wasnt) because of the laws of the state it was issued in.