NAACP leader outed as white

The Berean

In the interview Dolezal says her life has been about "survival". Someone left this hilarious comment! :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

When asked by Lauer if she would’ve done anything differently in light of the controversy, Dolezal said no. “My life has been one of survival,” Growing up on the mean streets of Libby, Montana, where marauding bands of Raccoon's would run amok and sinister Canadians would roam the dark alleyways searching for Molson's and fresh, hot Cruller's, while their 4-wheel dives pulse from the Bass speakers, Gordon Lightfoot and Celine Dion songs. With all the Trees and Mountains it would be hard to see the Graffiti Signs, like "Moose Crossing", "Camping Area Ahead" or "PTA Pot-Luck Dinner this Friday" ...It is surprising she survived at all...

musterion

Nothing to do with what I said, dipstick. I was having an intelligent conversation with Tom (and hope to continue). Maybe you could learn something.:juggle:

P.S. You are really, really bad at talking tough and trying to insult people. Like, terrible at it.

I thought you said you have me on perma-ignore now. Miss your Ritalin today?

Granite

Hall of Fame
They really need to have Dolazal to be interviewed by a black female reporter to ask her pointed and tough questions. A lot of black women are truly offended by Dolazal's black face minstrel clown show.

True (although the outrage covers an awful lot of lines and groups). I'll be very interested to see if she keeps playing it safe.

Would Oprah go easy on her?:think:

The Berean

The most ridiculous comment she made was:

"My self identification with the black experience."

How this white woman can say this with a straight face is beyond me? What "black experience" has she had? Has she been racially profiled? Has she faced discrimination in job interviews or bank loan applications? Has she been scrutinized by security when shopping?

The Berean

True (although the outrage covers an awful lot of lines and groups). I'll be very interested to see if she keeps playing it safe.

Would Oprah go easy on her?:think:

I was thinking of a real reporter and not a talk show. Shoot, I'd love to see John Oliver interview her! :banana:

bybee

How this white woman can say this with a straight face is beyond me? What "black experience" has she had? Has she been racially profiled? Has she faced discrimination in job interviews or bank loan applications? Has she been scrutinized by security when shopping?

She must not see how asinine she sounds.

kmoney

Hall of Fame

Today I read an article that said she has talked about facing racial hatred. :plain:

kmoney

Hall of Fame
wtf5.jpg

:rotfl:

:crackup:

kmoney

Hall of Fame
Now it's becoming comical.

Rachel Dolezal sued Howard University for discrimination

Rachel Dolezal, the former president of Spokane, Washington’s NAACP who resigned Monday amid controversy over her racial heritage, unsuccessfully sued Howard University in 2002 for discriminating against her because of her race.

Dolezal’s lawsuit against Howard, a historically black university, alleged that the university denied her a teaching assistant job, further employment and a scholarship because she was white.
The lawsuit also claimed that Professor Alfred Smith, chair of the Art Department, specifically kept Dolezal from serving as a teaching assistant one semester and removed some of her artwork from a student exhibition because of racial prejudice.

Seriously. How is this not just a giant Onion story. :rotfl:

The Berean

I predicted this yesterday on another board. Sometimes I hate being right but I know these people too well.

Talking head implies her parents are racist for outing her as white.
What a media moron. Her parents didn't out her. They knew about her lies for years and said nothing. They ONLY came forward when they were approached by the media to comment on their daughter and they were not going to lie about her true heritage. Besides the parents have adopted several black children. Since when do "racists" adopt black children?

Granite

Hall of Fame
What a media moron. Her parents didn't out her. They knew about her lies for years and said nothing. They ONLY came forward when they were approached by the media to comment on their daughter and they were not going to lie about her true heritage. Besides the parents have adopted several black children. Since when do "racists" adopt black children?

They seem embarrassed by their daughter's antics and probably didn't want to volunteer the truth about her past--but when given a chance to lie or evade, they did the right thing.