NAACP leader outed as white

TomO

Get used to it.
Hall of Fame
picture.php

:rotfl:

bybee

It's bizarre, bybee. Some people can't seem to get out of their own way. She could have been a champion of race relations and right without the pretense, could have used her own background as a model and a calling card. Instead she made race more important than the truth about race and in doing that inadvertently spit on the idea MLK died advancing, that the importance we place on race instead of character, the place holding assumptions and anger we pour into it are at the root of the evil we turn and do in its name.

A sad situation.

Amen Brother I thought the same thoughts! All of the good she could have done is now tarnished.
Our beloved Reverend Doctor Martin Luther King, Jr. walked and talked the message of peace. And just as the followers of Our Lord Jesus Christ didn't quite understand his message many of Doctor Kings followers just didn't get and still don't get his message.
There is no external appearance that qualifies for acceptable behavior. There is no external appearance that can quality one for acceptance.

rainee

Yikes Tomo.

This woman used a false identity to be treated like someone she wasn't.
There is no white vs black there is appearing weak or disadvantaged when you are not. Not at all.
Jenner can use make up and surgery to appear fetching not because his skin ages like a woman's.
The woman can do outlandish fashion and hair styles and get an admired position not because she overcame obstacles some may not imagine and I fear to talk about because I am ashamed of what can happen not just to women but to women without layers of protection.
Yikes.

rainee

You realize they were much worse to the young woman who had sexual relations with the President of the United States and she wasn't even getting money and a fab rep for what she did. She is more the example of throwing another woman on the fire than this clever one.

rainee

Have y'all checked out "her painting" (yes she is also an artist)

It appears to be a near exact replica of another's painting. Sigh...

How can any one say she could have done so much if only she would have been honest?

Maybe she was being true - she was deceiving!

For those of us who have to be who God wants us to be, who have to live at times quite unhappily
And patiently, and have to endure growing and having edges shaved off - why would we think
Assuming another's identity is ok?
As the saying goes isn't this best?

Esse quam videri

kmoney

Hall of Fame
Well, physically, an awful lot. Psychologically, maybe not so much. From what (little) I've read on the subject it seems that a lot of folks who go through this process have identified and felt as though they were born into the "wrong" body or "wrong" gender for quite a long time. Maybe it's just a mistake of genetics, a fluke, a wire or two that should have zigged when it zagged instead. I don't think the fluidity of gender itself has changed, but the ability to enable that fluidity has. Put another way, we finally have the means for these individuals to "properly" inhabit the body they feel they should've gotten in the first place.

Race is a completely different ballgame. You can't undo history, or ancestry, or wish away your progenitors. I can insist I'm a big blonde Swede all day long; I can demand someone recognize my authentic Korean roots; I can say I'm a Sudanese ex-pat all the livelong day. Insistence, appropriation, even admiration, does not undue your race. It's not an issue of won't; it's a matter of fact that you simply can't.
I don't think that explains much though. What are they feeling when they think they are in the wrong body? What is the definition of 'male' and 'female'? :idunno:

One could say about gender what you said about race in your 2nd paragraph.

The Berean

k-mo, can you imagine if res met Rachel Dolezal? :think:

Dolezal: "Hi, my name is Rachel..."

Res: "Negro, please!"

:rotfl:

Granite

Hall of Fame
I don't think that explains much though. What are they feeling when they think they are in the wrong body? What is the definition of 'male' and 'female'? :idunno:

One could say about gender what you said about race in your 2nd paragraph.

I'm sure there are clinical terms for their confusion, angst, and other issues. As a layman the best I can come up with is...a certainty that a mistake's been made.

If you really think that about the 2nd paragraph I wrote you really need to go over it again. Gender can be changed. Race can't be undone.

Last edited: