My Experience of a Far Left, SJW Infested University Campus

glorydaz

Lovemeorhateme, you are such a TOL inspiration. You're story and testimony is one of the greatest things TOL ever had the privilege of being a part of.

I feel for ya for what you're having to go through. Don't get weary in well doing, my friend. You're an encouragement.

:thumb:

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
Ah, your feelings must be hurt again. :nono:
Might as well tell me what I had for breakfast.

I'll make this as clear as I can. As I'm reading along following the posts in a thread, and I come across ONE that prompts my gag reflex...I consider it my DUTY to point it out to you.
Setting aside the childishness of the gag reflex nonsense, that sense of duty alone should cause you to pause if your focus was really aimed at my welfare and given how post after post like this has gone. But you don't alter you approach and you rarely couch it in anything but the most insulting language. So you're not doing this for me at all.

I think this is how you justify yourself.

If no one bothers to tell you that you're failing to impress, then you might continue your blow-hard ways.
Supra.

If you could ever manage to drop the condescension, you'd be worth reading.
I post the way I always have. The way I posted when you praised me, but before I had the pompous temerity to oppose you, which is really what this is all about even if you're blind to it. Look at virtually anyone you differ strongly enough with and there it is...one day you may realize that you can have as strident and fundamental a difference as is humanly possible with people and still value and like them. Or maybe you never will. Hard to say, though I'm an optimist and will hope for the best.

And if your ego didn't get so easily bruised, then your pompousness would be kept to a minimum.
I can't control how you choose to value.

I don't concern myself with ACW's "approach", because he isn't so filled to overflowing with pride that I can actually get through one of his posts without wanting to vomit.
You're like a Great Depression mother with a spatula and a mayonnaise jar. Keep working. Get it all out.

I hope I've made myself clear. :)
I think the smile at the end does, if not as you mean to.

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
Lovemeorhateme, you are such a TOL inspiration. You're story and testimony is one of the greatest things TOL ever had the privilege of being a part of.

I feel for ya for what you're having to go through. Don't get weary in well doing, my friend. You're an encouragement.

yep - what poly said

and pete?

trust in God to use you for His purposes :thumb:

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
Might as well tell me what I had for breakfast.

Setting aside the childishness of the gag reflex nonsense, that sense of duty alone should cause you to pause if your focus was really aimed at my welfare and given how post after post like this has gone. But you don't alter you approach and you rarely couch it in anything but the most insulting language. So you're not doing this for me at all.

Supra.

I post the way I always have. The way I posted when you praised me, but before I had the pompous temerity to oppose you, which is really what this is all about even if you're blind to it. Look at virtually anyone you differ strongly enough with and there it is...one day you may realize that you can have as strident and fundamental a difference as is humanly possible with people and still value and like them. Or maybe you never will. Hard to say, though I'm an optimist and will hope for the best.

I can't control how you choose to value.

You're like a Great Depression mother with a spatula and a mayonnaise jar. Keep working. Get it all out.

give it a rest, you tiresome bore

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
Sorry about the side tracking, lmohm. You'll do fine. Just stick to your principles...

To clarify a point I spoke to Stripe about, I'm not suggesting there isn't room under the Christian tent for John the Baptist. I think that the shouting in the wilderness approach can draw people who are searching, may work when little else would, but in an academic environment and especially with entrenched differences, the best approach is the gentler one, because one thing people in that clime value and measure by is a rational, reasonable foundation.

Many who differ with you will fail to keep that composure in response and while it might not seem to serve you or, more importantly, the good in a moment, it will move the margins watching to see your part in a different light and may move the opposition if they value reflection, at least as they mature. That has to be the hope, at any rate. Many will want to paint you as an emotional and unthinking adherent to a dying superstition and promote that as the root of your objection. So show them that faith is anything but what they imagine it to be and doing so force the consideration of their own part upon them.

Best of luck with everything. :thumb:

TracerBullet

Don't believe her, Pete. We were actually speaking of sowing and reaping and Rusha doesn't understand what that is. And the fact that bad behavior (including strippers who get raped) is deserving of whatever consequences might come from that bad behavior. Rape has never been excused or condoned.

Notice how she can't even abide the term "just deserts"? She doesn't believe in anyone (especially women) suffering any consequences for their bad behavior.

again you are blaming the victim and condoning rape when you gleefully say sick things like getting raped is "just deserts"

glorydaz

Yeah, well I'm a red-neck from Oregon, so I simply tell it like it is. That must be hard for someone like you, but I won't pretend to be what I'm not. I can't stand hypocrites.

I post the way I always have. The way I posted when you praised me, but before I had the pompous temerity to oppose you, which is really what this is all about even if you're blind to it.

I've explained this to you before. I'm amazed you force me to repeat it.

I felt sorry for you ...the way you claimed you were being picked on by Doser. In other words, I fell for your playing the victim. Once I saw what was really going on, I stopped feeling sorry for you. :idunno:

Look at virtually anyone you differ strongly enough with and there it is...one day you may realize that you can have as strident and fundamental a difference as is humanly possible with people and still value and like them. Or maybe you never will. Hard to say, though I'm an optimist and will hope for the best.

Having differences with someone has nothing to do with my valuing them or liking them. I don't like pompous people no matter what their views. What you don't like is that I don't play the hypocrite like you do. While you're busy lecturing me, do you think I actually believe, for even one moment, that you value or like me? That's as bad as PJ expecting anyone to believe he really does like me. :chuckle:

Oh, is that a bit of elitism I'm detecting there? I rest my case. :crackup:

glorydaz

again you are blaming the victim and condoning rape when you gleefully say sick things like getting raped is "just deserts"

Ah, so you were able to hear the "glee" in my voice, were you?

The godly principle of sowing and reaping is often found to be disgusting by those with no principles of their own. They don't like the idea that each of us is responsible for our own bad behavior right here on earth.

ClimateSanity

It's really very disturbing, and one would think more women would be aware of it. I see Pete is being blamed for daring to broach the subject, which is par for the course. Over the years, I've been waiting for the pendulum to swing back the other way, but it's showing no signs of doing so. :sigh:

Women waited a long time for massive power like they have today. Don't you think they will hang onto it tooth and nail?

glorydaz

We all have our crosses to bear, but it's only noble if you don't make other people carry them. :plain:

By all means continue to tell me how much better you are while faulting me for your belief that I think that about myself.

Well, I suspected self-loathing was somewhere in all that:

I recall the reinvention, but it doesn't wash. Your reps and remarks in Observations, by way of, had nothing to do with him and your new narrative/insight rather pointedly coincides not with any additional Sod nonsense, but our disagreement on your previously noted beliefs about rape as punishment.

No, I never did. And that was over in any meaningful way for a good while before our disagreement and your altered opinion.

Revision at odds with the actual chronology and truth of it, though you may believe you. God knows why.

It is on your hot button issues. Everyone who took exception to you on the point of our differences ended up with a similar juvenile treatment from you. I have friends who think taxes are theft and friends who think property is theft and friends who believe I'm not a part of the "real" church and some who don't believe in God at all.

That's what I was getting at with my remark.

I already know how you justify your behavior. I'm sure you have some reason for the disdain you serve to anyone who triggers your insecurity reflex.

I've literally noted you and quoted you doing that while you lay the charge without a foundation.

You're a remarkable girl. I wonder what you'll be if you grow up.

Lecturing is a very peculiar complaint given...value? You're as valuable a human being as I am, as anyone is in the only way that matters. And that has nothing to do with whether I like you or not. At present, I'm on the not side of that, but I'd be the fool you take me for if I didn't feel that way given.

Oh, is that a bit of elitism I'm detecting there?[/qtuoe]
Not if you understand what the word means.

You should. It's tired.

Oh, I'm making you post all this whining and 'splainin', right? :rotfl:

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
Ah, so you were able to hear the "glee" in my voice, were you?

The godly principle of sowing and reaping is often found to be disgusting by those with no principles of their own. They don't like the idea that each of us is responsible for our own bad behavior right here on earth.

Even good and righteous women that get raped and beaten are simply getting what God allowed, and God allows these things to help the victims grow closer to God ? Absurd

glorydaz

Even good and righteous women that get raped and beaten are simply getting what God allowed, and God allows these things to help the victims grow closer to God ?

So you're claiming bad things happen that God has no ability to stop....that He doesn't allow bad things to happen to good people, but they happen anyway? WOW!

And you're also claiming that God does NOT work all things for good for those who love God?

Romans 8:28
And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose.

Romans 5:3-4
And not only so, but we glory in tribulations also: knowing that tribulation worketh patience; And patience, experience; and experience, hope:​

Yes, I'm sure you humanists think God's ways are quite absurd.

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
I can certainly empathise with those who have been marginalised for their opinions and beliefs, depending on what those opinions or beliefs are. If someone supports jihad against my country for example then I'm quite comfortable with them being marginalized.

Let's not use jihad as an example, since it doesn't have anything to do with the students for whom you've used a "derogatory term" (your words) to denigrate them for what they believe. Which sounds pretty much like what you say they did to you. Except - in your case, apparently you were defined as "the one who's against abortion," which certainly isn't derogatory in any way - and yet you freely used a derogatory term to in turn define them by their beliefs. So when you said that your "'unorthodox' viewpoint has become what they define me by," did you realize you were doing the very same to them, defining students with their own beliefs as SJWs who were "infesting" a campus that they have every right to share with you without sharing your beliefs?

That's probably the case. It's just unfortunate that people can't see past their politics and so decide to hate on someone with a differing viewpoint.

Kind of like you did to them in your OP?

Your campus is likely a lot more tolerant than mine. The more militantly left the campus, the more intolerant it becomes of dissenting views and opinions from what I've been reading. I mean come on, at the University of East Anglia the student union banned a Mexican restaurant from giving out free fedoras as they decided it's 'cultural appropriation' which might cause 'racial offence'.

I think it's a more a matter of perception. My university is a state university in a liberal state. Universities have always been hotbeds of new ideas, revolutionary ideas (and that's not necessarily a scary word to use), innovation, invention, enthusiasm, optimism. You said yourself that you'd been treated fairly by your professors, right? That's a good thing to be able to say. I'm not saying there aren't radical professors or radical students, but it sounds to me like you have the freedom to express yourself.

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
So you're claiming bad things happen that God has no ability to stop....that He doesn't allow bad things to happen to good people, but they happen anyway? WOW!

And you're also claiming that God does NOT work all things for good for those who love God?

Romans 8:28
And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose.

Romans 5:3-4
And not only so, but we glory in tribulations also: knowing that tribulation worketh patience; And patience, experience; and experience, hope:​

Yes, I'm sure you humanists think God's ways are quite absurd.

You claiming that God plans rapes for good women is absurdity. :rapture: