MUST WE CONFESS EVERY SIN TO BE FORGIVEN?

Spockrates

How do you understand that?

My best guess: Obey government by not breaking the law (in the case of the passage quoted by paying taxes) but also obey God (perhaps by loving others as he loves us). He was speaking about secular apples and spiritual oranges. It's OK to eat both, as long as there is a separation of church fruit and state fruit. Did I answer correctly?

meshak

BANNED
Banned
caesar is the government
-and
-we must participate in it
-we must attempt to control it with our vote and speech

Nope, you are reading it conveniently to justify your faith.

Government has their own business to take care of. Jesus' followers' business not to change the government.

Their job is to spread Jesus' teachings and inform about God's kingdom. And give them chance to be in God's family.

meshak

BANNED
Banned
My best guess: Obey government by not breaking the law (in the case of the passage quoted by paying taxes) but also obey God (perhaps by loving others as he loves us). He was speaking about secular apples and spiritual oranges. It's OK to eat both, as long as there is a separation of church fruit and state fruit. Did I answer correctly?

You are right, we all have to abide by Government law because we live here.

But His followers should not obey government if the law is not in line with God's law. If the government tells you to kill your enemy we should not obey it because Jesus says to love your enemy.

Spockrates

But His followers should not obey government if the law is not in line with God's law. If the government tells you to kill your enemy we should not obey it because Jesus says to love your enemy.

Agreed.

meshak

BANNED
Banned
I dont get involed with the politics becaseu Jesus says His followers are not of the world.

Politics are of the world.

You cannot get erected if you dont accommodate the majority.

As you know, Jesus' teachings are not popular and not accepted by the majority.

Jesus also says satan is in charge of the world.

There are so many reasons why His followers should not get involved with the politics.

Spockrates

Because He knew they just did not understand and they were not doing that to make Him angry.

they were all sincere questions that they did not understand.

and remember, those closest ones abandoned their lives to follow Him.

And most of us already confessing to know Jesus.

Fighting and arguing about the faith is not Jesus' way.

His followers are supposed to evangelize to non-believers, not attacking those who dont agree with your man-made doctrine is not Jesus' way.

Would you say one way of attacking a person is to disagreeing with her and accuse her of teaching lies?

meshak

BANNED
Banned
Would you say one way of attacking a person is to disagreeing with her and accuse her of teaching lies?

There are all kinds of attacks. That's why I put many of them on ignore.

I will not waste time engaging in such ugly fight. It is not godly or good Christian thing to do.

We ought to watch out our behavior in everything we do and say. Jesus' expectation is super high.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame

You certainly don't love yours. You put them on ignore. :rotfl:

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame

I will not waste time engaging in such ugly fight. It is not godly or good Christian thing to do.

We ought to watch out our behavior in everything we do and say. Jesus' expectation is super high.

However, you've stated that you're not sure if you're a saved Christian and you reject most of the Bible except for Matthew through John.

Spockrates

Yes, but please forgive me for asking again. What do you think of people who accuse you of teaching things that are untrue? I'm wondering if you think such accusations constitute an attack worthy of putting the attacker on ignore. If you don't wish to answer, that's OK. I won't press. [emoji4]

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
Remember Spock, Meshak is "ultra-sensitive" she will turn against you over almost anything you say. If you get on her "ignore list" it's a fate worse than death. You've been warned!

Meshak hates:

1) Church goers.
2) The Military.
3) Posters that believe in the Trinity.
4) The Apostle Paul.
5) The majority of posters on TOL.
6) Anyone who disagrees with her.
7) Posters that don't like her beloved hat.
8) Logic and reason.
9) Truth.

meshak

BANNED
Banned
Yes, but please forgive me for asking again. What do you think of people who accuse you of teaching things that are untrue? I'm wondering if you think such accusations constitute an attack worthy of putting the attacker on ignore. If you don't wish to answer, that's OK. I won't press. [emoji4]

I get upset when their claims are so vicious and personal or mean spirited. What they are doing is deeply seated so I will get in trouble when I take their bait on arguing back to them.

Remember this forum is mainstream based and they already claim they are biased. So I cannot win no matter what.

I strive to focus on what Jesus says to the world.

I am only a messenger and it is not about me. They can find all kinds of fault if they try to find one.

Many of them even claim that Jesus' word or teachings are just for the Jews and not for gentiles.

So I cannot debate seriously with them.