MUST WE CONFESS EVERY SIN TO BE FORGIVEN?

Spockrates

If you value your soul, don't make Meshak your mentor! Here's what she believes/doesn't believe:

1) She doesn't believe in the Trinity and despises those who do.
2) She claims that the Apostle Paul (one of the writers of the Bible) is an anti-Christ.
3) She despises people who attend church.
4) She has stated that she doesn't know if she is saved and going to Heaven.
5) She only trusts in the books of Matthew through Mark and rejects the rest.
6) She rejects the Gospel, which holds the truth of how to spend eternity with
God in Heaven.
7) She's an enemy of the true Gospel.

Watch out for this woman! You've been warned!

Marowbe: I prefer to not prejudge and let Meshak speak for him or her self.

Choleric

Paul preached, “First to those in Damascus, then to those in Jerusalem and in all Judea, and then to the Gentiles, I preached that they should repent and turn to God and demonstrate their repentance by their deeds.”

John the baptizer preached, “Produce fruit in keeping with repentance.

Paul preached, “For what I received I passed on to you as of first importance: that Christ died for our sins according to the Scriptures,”

John the baptizer preached, “The next day John saw Jesus coming toward him and said, "Look, the Lamb of God, who takes away the sin of the world!

Same gospel was preached.

Paul preached salvation as a gift without works. Jesus told the rich man to keep the law.

Two different gospels.

We are never told to stop obeying.

We are told we cannot work at cleaning ourselves to purify/justify ourselves for God by the purification/ceremonial works which begins with circumcision.

That means no one has to clean themselves by getting circumcised, and adhering to a dietary law, and doing various external washings, and sacrificing animals.

No one has to do those things anymore because faith that Jesus’ blood cleans us is what cleans us of the sins we repent of doing.

Nice try. This is a clever ploy of the religious fanatic. You are attempting to divide the law up into sections to ease your conscience by deleted some from your practice. The Law given to Israel was one law. There are no such distinctions as "dietary or ceremonial".

You either keep it all or if you break it at one point (any of them) and you have failed to earn your righteousness.

We are never ever told there is a wrong time to obey God.

Nobody said there was. You are putting words in my mouth.

Obeying God is never a dead work. You cannot ever say obeying is wrong.

Obeying on order to earn salvation or to outweigh the fact that you are a lawbreaker is a dead work. That is what they are called.

As for God honoring us with salvation for obeying, it is exactly what He does. You must come to God through Jesus and repent of stealing.

Rom 11:6 And if by grace, then is it no more of works: otherwise grace is no more grace. But if it be of works, then is it no more grace: otherwise work is no more work.

John 12:26
Whoever serves me must follow me; and where I am, my servant also will be. My Father will honor the one who serves me.

2 John 1:8 Watch out that you do not lose what we have worked for, but that you may be rewarded fully.

Colossians 3:23 Whatever you do, work at it with all your heart, as working for the Lord, not for human masters, 24 since you know that you will receive an inheritance from the Lord as a reward. It is the Lord Christ you are serving. 25 Anyone who does wrong will be repaid for their wrongs, and there is no favoritism.

:thumb:

That scripture is about no one having to wash themselves with various external washings and sacrificing animals. That scripture is about the Holy Spirit washing us by our faith in Jesus’ blood.

Nope:

You used to get righteousness by works of the law:

Deu 6:25 And it shall be our righteousness, if we observe to do all these commandments before the LORD our God, as he hath commanded us.

But You No longer get righteousness by keeping the law. You get it as a gift, through faith in Christ.

Rom 10:4 For Christ is the end of the law for righteousness to every one that believeth.

At least you are coming to admit we have to do SOMETHING to be saved. You know that Jesus says if you do not change and humble yourself as a little child---you will NEVER enter.

Right, and it is clear you are still thinking like an adult and not just believing what God says in spite of your fleshly desire to earn it.

When one humbles themselves as a little child, it means you are ready to do anything and everything Jesus says.

Please show me that exegesis from Scripture.

Jesus also says that unless you forgive others---the Father will not forgive you.

How do you think you are going to be forgiven of all your sins if the Father does not forgive you?

I won't be. God washed me in the Blood and took away all my sins once and then sat down, it is finished.

Jesus says those who obey receive the Holy Spirit. See Acts 5:32, John 14:23, and many more

The Holy Spirit is given instantly to every saved person. If you don't have it, you are not saved.

Rom 8:9 But ye are not in the flesh, but in the Spirit, if so be that the Spirit of God dwell in you. Now if any man have not the Spirit of Christ, he is none of his.

You can be filled more with the Spirit as you trust and believe, but every saved person has the Spirit

The message of the gospel is sent to those who fear God and do what is right.

Acts 13:26 "Fellow children of Abraham and you God-fearing Gentiles, it is to us that this message of salvation has been sent.

based on your thinking, Jesus didn't do much for you other than save you the trouble of some "dietary" and "ceremonial" observances.

The Scriptures show us it was much more than that.

Spockrates

That's not pre judging. It is telling you what she believes in order to warn you for your own benefit. Rom 16:17

Choleric: Yes, sorry for being clear as mud! I didn't mean he was prejudging. I meant that I don't want to prejudge. I wasn't making a prejudge net about anything he said. I was saying I'd like to hear what the person he is talking about has to say. [emoji4]

Spockrates

Meshak will not answer questions. She will not have a normal conversation with anybody. She's here to preach her false doctrine and false Gospel. You're welcome to try and get her to converse with you. It won't happen.

Has anyone asked why she won't answer questions? Maybe Meshak has a good reason. [emoji848]

Spockrates

Meshak will not answer questions. She will not have a normal conversation with anybody. She's here to preach her false doctrine and false Gospel. You're welcome to try and get her to converse with you. It won't happen.

Then again, are you willing to answer my questions? If so, let's talk! If not, then why point the finger?

meshak

BANNED
Banned
I have many posters on ignore, and they know they are on ignore because I tell them so when I do, yet they ask me questions and claim I won't answer them.

Just amazing.

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
Fascinating! I've never spoken to a Gnostic, but I've heard about them. So please tell me what talking to one is like.

if you haven't already noticed
-I talk to myself
-a lot
-for good reasons
-having a dialogue around here is very difficult
-due to
-lack of thinking
-inability to answer questions
-over reliance on just quoting the bible

Spockrates

I have many posters on ignore, and they know they are on ignore because I tell them so when I do, yet they ask me questions and claim I won't answer them.

Just amazing.

What line does someone have to crossed to be ignored? Just asking so I don't cross it. [emoji4]

meshak

BANNED
Banned
Spokerates,

I am not one of the mainstreamers and I have many, many enemy from every side. So there are many similar attack questions repeatedly. Their reason seem to be to ware me out.

I have no problem answering sincere and honest questions but many are not this case.

I will not waste time with those kind of questions because it has been answered already many times in the past.

You are new and you have been asking me questions and I have been answering them because I am giving you the benefit of the doubt that you are trying to understand where I am coming from.

Spockrates

if you haven't already noticed
-I talk to myself
-a lot
-for good reasons
-having a dialogue around here is very difficult
-due to
-lack of thinking
-inability to answer questions
-over reliance on just quoting the bible

So what do you think might be the best way to help others learn to think? For me it was winning a lot of debates, but feeling that I lost a lot of opportunities. Then I read the Socratic dialogues, and I was impressed how Socrates asked a lot of simple questions, which really helped people come to a better understanding of why they believed. In their struggle to answer, they taught themselves. Or perhaps God somehow helped them better understand.

Spockrates

repeating the same question I already answered.

Oh yes! Know what that's like! [emoji849]

But wait. Didn't Christ answer the same questions again and again and again? How many times did he explain to the 12 that he would die and rise from the dead? Perhaps repeating oneself makes one appreciate what he went through? Not saying your wrong to ignore! Just explaining why I don't. What seems right for me might be wrong for you, I think. [emoji4]

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
Then I read the Socratic dialogues, and I was impressed how Socrates asked a lot of simple questions, which really helped people come to a better understanding of why they believed.

I am also a big fan of socrates
-but
-the first time I mentioned his name
-I was told that he is still burning in hell
-how would you deal with that?

meshak

BANNED
Banned

But wait. Didn't Christ answer the same questions again and again and again? How many times did he explain to the 12 that he would die and rise from the dead? Perhaps repeating oneself makes one appreciate what he went through? Not saying your wrong to ignore! Just explaining why I don't. What seems right for me might be wrong for you, I think. [emoji4]

In Jesus' time Jesus' teachings were very new to all of them. and He went place to place. He met all kinds of people, yet I am sure there are many new people asking the same kind of questions. Jesus of course interacted with them.

It is not the same here.

Most here already made up their mind of their faith. Many questions are not to trying to understand them. It is to attack them by finding the loopholes of their enemy.

I have one poster just PMed me to do the same thing.

chrysostom

Hall of Fame

But wait. Didn't Christ answer the same questions again and again and again?

you should be willing to answer the same questions over and over
-if
-you are proud of your answers
-I can only assume
-many are not