Moon Landing Hoax

The Berean

That is what America has. Faith in the moon landing because of some dubious black and film clips. That's the only "proof" there is.

More denier nonsense. All deniers have are theories about non-existent film/video technologies in 1969. Let me ask you this Daniel. Do you have any background in science, engineering, or film?

Daniel1611

More denier nonsense. All deniers have are theories about non-existent film/video technologies in 1969.

What technologies are those? It's more like the reverse. 2001 A Space Odyssey looks more legit than the Apollo films. What special technology would they need? The apollo film looks like shoddy camera work in a cheap studio. They didn't use special technology. They apparently didn't even use tech as advanced to film the moon landing as hollywood did for movies.

You would think if they had the tech to get to the moon they could get some decent footage. All they have are a few horrible shots that only the gullible believe.

CabinetMaker

Member of the 10 year club on TOL!!
Hall of Fame
What technologies are those? It's more like the reverse. 2001 A Space Odyssey looks more legit than the Apollo films. What special technology would they need? The apollo film looks like shoddy camera work in a cheap studio. They didn't use special technology. They apparently didn't even use tech as advanced to film the moon landing as hollywood did for movies.

You would think if they had the tech to get to the moon they could get some decent footage. All they have are a few horrible shots that only the gullible believe.

Have you ever seen the difference in size between a 1969 production grade camera and the cameras that would actually fit in a space capsule? The photos and video ate consistent with the technology that they could carry.

Daniel1611

Have you ever seen the difference in size between a 1969 production grade camera and the cameras that would actually fit in a space capsule? The photos and video ate consistent with the technology that they could carry.

That's not my point. Berean is saying NASA would've needed much better camera tech than existed to fake the Apollo film. No, they wouldn't. They wouldn't even need 1969 hollywood grade cameras. It's just a fake arguement because that's what this ridiculous hoax needs to stand. It needs absurd arguement and blind fanatical faith to continue to exist.

The Berean

What technologies are those?
You tell me. You are the one that claims NASA faked the Moon landings. The onus is on YOU to produce evidence that the film technology in 1969 existed to fake the Moon landing. The filmmaker in the video I posted has over 30 years of film experience and understands film/video technology better than you and I.

It's more like the reverse.
No, it's not.

2001 A Space Odyssey looks more legit than the Apollo films.
No It doesn't. As the video I posted stated the live feed from the Moon was VIDEO, not film. There were no sigh speed video cameras in 1969. Also, video from space missions look NOTHING like films 2001: A Space Odyssey. Here is a video from a recent satellite deployment. Compare this video to 2001: A Space Odyssey and actual video of the Lunar missions.

What special technology would they need?
Again you tell me since YOU are the Apollo denier. What high speed video camera did they use to fake the Moon landings?

The apollo film looks like shoddy camera work in a cheap studio. They didn't use special technology. They apparently didn't even use tech as advanced to film the moon landing as hollywood did for movies.
You're ignorance is showing again. As the filmmaker said over and over people are sued to special affects technology of today and have NO IDEA how primitive, crude, and limited film special effects were in 1969.

What film technology did they have in 1969? Remember this is 46 years ago.

Daniel1611

You tell me. You are the one that claims NASA faked the Moon landings. The onus is on YOU to produce evidence that the film technology in 1969 existed to fake the Moon landing. The filmmaker in the video I posted has over 30 years of film experience and understands film/video technology better than you and I.

No, it's not.

No It doesn't. As the video I posted stated the live feed from the Moon was VIDEO, not film. There were no sigh speed video cameras in 1969. Also, video from space missions look NOTHING like films 2001: A Space Odyssey. Here is a video from a recent satellite deployment. Compare this video to 2001: A Space Odyssey and actual video of the Lunar missions.

Again you tell me since YOU are the Apollo denier. What high speed video camera did they use to fake the Moon landings?

You're ignorance is showing again. As the filmmaker said over and over people are sued to special affects technology of today and have NO IDEA how primitive, crude, and limited film special effects were in 1969.

What film technology did they have in 1969? Remember this is 46 years ago.

You can keep saying that, but it isn't true. 2001: A Space Odyssey came out in 1968 showing very convincing depictions of space. But you're telling me NASA couldnt fake the moon landing????? They could've faked it with silent movie technology! It's not like it is fantastic footage. It's garbage and could've been filmed in a cheap, old studio by cheap, old cameras. Do you even know what you're trying to say?

The Berean

You can keep saying that, but it isn't true. 2001: A Space Odyssey came out in 1968 showing very convincing depictions of space.
No it does not. We have all seen lots of sci-fi films depicting space. But those are film representations of space. On real space missions film is not used to document events. They use video. A few years ago there were talk that James Cameron was going to go on a space mission to FILM stuff in space. This was big news because filming in space is actually quite rare and having a filmmaker like James Cameron doing the filming was exciting news.

But you're telling me NASA couldnt fake the moon landing?????
That is exactly what I am telling you. The filmmaker in the video I posted goes to great lengths to explain why it was IMPOSSIBLE technically to fake the Moon landings from a film-making perspective. The technology simply didn't exist in 1969 to do so.

They could've faked it with silent movie technology!
Right because this would obviously fool people.

It's not like it is fantastic footage. It's garbage and could've been filmed in a cheap, old studio by cheap, old cameras. Do you even know what you're trying to say?
You are obviously confused. I try this once again. The technology to fake the Moon ladings DID NOT exist in 1969. The video technology simply didn't exist in 1969 to depict what w as seen on TV. As the video states to create the fake footage using film would have been ridiculously difficult and would have been exposed quite easily.

Daniel1611

No it does not. We have all seen lots of sci-fi films depicting space. But those are film representations of space. On real space missions film is not used to document events. They use video. A few years ago there were talk that James Cameron was going to go on a space mission to FILM stuff in space. This was big news because filming in space is actually quite rare and having a filmmaker like James Cameron doing the filming was exciting news.

That is exactly what I am telling you. The filmmaker in the video I posted goes to great lengths to explain why it was IMPOSSIBLE technically to fake the Moon landings from a film-making perspective. The technology simply didn't exist in 1969 to do so.

Right because this would obviously fool people.

You are obviously confused. I try this once again. The technology to fake the Moon ladings DID NOT exist in 1969. The video technology simply didn't exist in 1969 to depict what w as seen on TV. As the video states to create the fake footage using film would have been ridiculously difficult and would have been exposed quite easily.

Its grainy black and white film. It looks like an old charlie Chaplin film. Then you slow it down to give the illusion of low gravity. The technology didn't exist to create a low grade black and white movie in 1969? Come on, now.

The Berean

Its grainy black and white film. It looks like an old charlie Chaplin film. Then you slow it down to give the illusion of low gravity. The technology didn't exist to create a low grade black and white movie in 1969? Come on, now.

This was IMPOSSIBLE in 1969 as the video details.

The Berean

You don't know the Apollo footage is video.
Yes, we do. They used this television camera designed and built by Westinghouse.

1024px-Ap11-S69-31575HR.jpg

It was NOT shown live on TV.
It most certainly was shown live.

It was probably just film.
Probably? You don't know for sure now?

Daniel1611

Yes, we do. They used this television camera designed and built by Westinghouse.

1024px-Ap11-S69-31575HR.jpg

It most certainly was shown live.

Probably? You don't know for sure now?

1. I say "probably" because I don't KNOW what it was filmed on. Neither do you. You don't KNOW that anyone went on the moon.

2. YouTube the film "A Funny Thing Happened on the Way to the Moon". About 3/4 of the way through the movie, the Apollo crew is discussing the fact that the moon landing will be played back on TV. I say to watch it in this film because I can't find just that clip isolated by itself. Regardless, this film exists.

Tyrathca

1. I say "probably" because I don't KNOW what it was filmed on. Neither do you. You don't KNOW that anyone went on the moon.
You don't KNOW anyone didn't go to the moon. You don't KNOW the usa government isn't actually controlled by evil space lizards in disguise either.

However we do know that if no one did go it would have taken an elaborate international conspiracy which not only hadn't suffered any major leaks decades later but also fooled the USA's arch nemesis the USSR (who had the technical ability to prove it didn't happen not to mention a vast spy network). Furthermore it likely required film technology more advanced than was available commercially at the time (according to people with vastly more knowledge of the topic than you).

So we are left wondering, what is more likely? That the above is all actually true OR that a technically feasible though difficult, dangerous and costly endeavour was successful? My money is on no pointless global conspiracy.

Daniel1611

You don't KNOW anyone didn't go to the moon. You don't KNOW the usa government isn't actually controlled by evil space lizards in disguise either.

However we do know that if no one did go it would have taken an elaborate international conspiracy which not only hadn't suffered any major leaks decades later but also fooled the USA's arch nemesis the USSR (who had the technical ability to prove it didn't happen not to mention a vast spy network). Furthermore it likely required film technology more advanced than was available commercially at the time (according to people with vastly more knowledge of the topic than you).

So we are left wondering, what is more likely? That the above is all actually true OR that a technically feasible though difficult, dangerous and costly endeavour was successful? My money is on no pointless global conspiracy.

If it fooled the public, it could easily fool the Russian government. All they know is the film. They see it and assume it is real. OR if they don't believe it, they can't say anything for fear that if it is real, America would know Russia is much further behind technologically. Therefore, they don't say Apollo is a hoax because they think that if it is real, they want America to believe that they could do it too. OR the American and Russian governments could have been in on it together, which is the theory I lean towards.

Further, why has Russia not landed on the moon? Why has no other country gone to the moon, and why hasn't America gone back since 1972?