Moon Landing Hoax

CabinetMaker

Member of the 10 year club on TOL!!
Hall of Fame
In 1794, four astronomers observed the translucence of the moon and published their article with the Royal Astronomical Society. If it is solid, it should never ever appear translucent.
Does it appear translucent to you?

Mocking You

I think the Bible is accurate. If you're saying maybe thats just how it looked on earth, apply that to any passage. Maybe the prophets just got a lot of things wrong.

I don't buy it. The Bible says what it means and meabs what it says. It says the moon is a light source.

Severe rapid backpedaling now occurring.

Originally you said:

What if the moon is a light like the Bible says, and cannot be landed upon?

That's a far cry from the "moon is a light source".

Mocking You

That does not mean that it is a light bulb. It is a light source and its big enough to walk on.

When he said, "What if the moon is a light like the Bible says, and cannot be landed upon?" I think he meant that it wasn't a solid object (gaseous), or else like the sun, it was super hot, hence man could not land there.

Sitamun

When he said, "What if the moon is a light like the Bible says, and cannot be landed upon?" I think he meant that it wasn't a solid object (gaseous), or else like the sun, it was super hot, hence man could not land there.

But the moon isn't a pure light source, it is merely reflective. We can see with our own eyes that the moon isn't gaseous so I guess I don't see the point.

Mocking You

But the moon isn't a pure light source, it is merely reflective. We can see with our own eyes that the moon isn't gaseous so I guess I don't see the point.

Daniel1611 has steadfastly asserted that man has never set foot on the moon. His latest volley was that "the Bible says the moon is a light and [therefore] we couldn't land on it."

My point is that there is a difference in saying the moon is a light and the moon is a light source. But, yes, I agree that the moon is not a pure light source.

Sitamun

Daniel1611 has steadfastly asserted that man has never set foot on the moon. His latest volley was that "the Bible says the moon is a light and [therefore] we couldn't land on it."

My point is that there is a difference in saying the moon is a light and the moon is a light source. But, yes, I agree that the moon is not a pure light source.

Yeah, I guess I should have specified my comment towards Daniel. I mean we don't even need a telescope to be able to see that the moon is not gaseous. Daniel sure is grasping now, but then again logic and fact aren't high priority in his wheelhouse.

Daniel1611

Yeah, I guess I should have specified my comment towards Daniel. I mean we don't even need a telescope to be able to see that the moon is not gaseous. Daniel sure is grasping now, but then again logic and fact aren't high priority in his wheelhouse.

Does the Bible call it a light? Yes. I didn't write the Bible, if you aren't aware.

Mocking You

Does the Bible call it a light? Yes. I didn't write the Bible, if you aren't aware.

Yes, and the Bible calls Jesus a gate, and a light, and a door, and a shepherd, and bread, and water, and, and, and....

Does that mean that Jesus is literally bread? No.

Daniel1611

Yes, and the Bible calls Jesus a gate, and a light, and a door, and a shepherd, and bread, and water, and, and, and....

Does that mean that Jesus is literally bread? No.

So then the sun isn't a light? In the same sentence it says the sun and moon are lights. You're implying that the part about the moon is a metaphor like Jesus bring the gate. By this logic, the part about the sun must be a metaphor also. It's in the same sentence

Mocking You

So then the sun isn't a light? In the same sentence it says the sun and moon are lights. You're implying that the part about the moon is a metaphor like Jesus bring the gate. By this logic, the part about the sun must be a metaphor also. It's in the same sentence

The sun isn't a "light", it's a star in the heavens that produces light. The moon isn't a light either, it's the reflection of light created by the sun.

BTW, where is this verse where the moon is called a light?