ECT Moment of Salvation Compared to Water Baptism

DAN P

I know but if you believe in Him you will drink.

Him and I am not going to say that you do not believe , but what are you DRINKING ??

1 Cor 12:3 , has 4 verbs in verse 3 , 3 are in the Greek PRESENT TENSE and one in the AORIST TENSE and when Paul called Jesus KURIOS / LORD , Paul did with POWER Holy Spirit , since the Greek ARTICLE ( THE ) is NOT USED before , the words , HOLY SPIRIT !!

dan p

Danoh

I would suggest that's what the world tells us today. I haven't seen it in the bible.

Look at the conversion of Paul. After he had been blinded by Jesus, fasting and praying for three days then regaining his sight, he still had his sins. There was only one thing left to do. Look at what Ananias tells him.

Acts 22:16 And now why do you wait? Rise and be baptized and wash away your sins, calling on his name.’

Apparently, you have continued to fail to study that very practice out in the OT; where it originated.

Until you do, there really is no point in responding to you for you will only continue in your obvious ignorance of this Israelite water cleansing/purification ritual under THEIR Law.

They even water baptized inanimate objects - in their practice of the TEMPORARY washing away of sin - as instructed to under THEIR God-given Law through Moses.

Never mind its repetition under the Law, there in Acts 21.

And never mind who it was who water baptized Saul, and why...

Acts 22:12 And one Ananias, a devout man according to the law, having a good report of all the Jews which dwelt there,

Carry on, I hear it said that ignorance is bliss - have your nirvana, then.

It is what it is with your kind.

Nevertheless, and given your repeatedly obvious works based salvation error - Rom. 5:6-8 towards you.

I'll remember you in prayer.

DAN P

Are you saying he doesn't?

I didn't write this.
16 And now why do you wait? Rise and be baptized and wash away your sins, calling on his name.’

Hi and you must mean verse 17 or 18 and not 16 , I believe ?

When ANANIAS laid his hands on Paul , in verse 18 Paul was given POWER of Holy Spirit and that was his , Paul BAPTISM !!

dan p

turbosixx

Until you do, there really is no point in responding to you for you will only continue in your obvious ignorance of this Israelite water cleansing/purification ritual under THEIR Law.

I agree water purification was a part of the old law, but this is not under the old law. The old law was a shadow of what we have in Christ.

The gospel began with baptism.
Mark 1:1 The beginning of the gospel of Jesus Christ, the Son of God.
2 As it is written in Isaiah the prophet,
“Behold, I send my messenger before your face,
who will prepare your way,
3 the voice of one crying in the wilderness:
‘Prepare[c] the way of the Lord,
make his paths straight,’”
4 John appeared, baptizing in the wilderness and proclaiming a baptism of repentance for the forgiveness of sins.

Being baptized for repentance is not in the old law. If it is, please point it out.

Being baptized in the name of Jesus definitely isn't in the old law.

turbosixx

Hi and you must mean verse 17 or 18 and not 16 , I believe ?

When ANANIAS laid his hands on Paul , in verse 18 Paul was given POWER of Holy Spirit and that was his , Paul BAPTISM !!

dan p

No it's 16 but in chapter 22 from Paul's account.

If we look at Acts 9, we see baptism is the last thing he did even after having hands laid on him and receiving his sight.
Acts 9:17 So Ananias departed and entered the house. And laying his hands on him he said, “Brother Saul, the Lord Jesus who appeared to you on the road by which you came has sent me so that you may regain your sight and be filled with the Holy Spirit.” 18 And immediately something like scales fell from his eyes, and he regained his sight. Then he rose and was baptized;

So after receiving his sight he still had his sins because Ananias says WHY DO YOU WAIT. 16 And now why do you wait? Rise and be baptized and wash away your sins, calling on his name.

Cross Reference

If we look at Acts 9, we see baptism is the last thing he did even after having hands laid on him and receiving his sight.
Acts 9:17 So Ananias departed and entered the house. And laying his hands on him he said, “Brother Saul, the Lord Jesus who appeared to you on the road by which you came has sent me so that you may regain your sight and be filled with the Holy Spirit.” 18 And immediately something like scales fell from his eyes, and he regained his sight. Then he rose and was baptized;

So after receiving his sight he still had his sins because Ananias says WHY DO YOU WAIT. 16 And now why do you wait? Rise and be baptized and wash away your sins, calling on his name.

So it was that Paul received (2) baptisms and (1) infilling. . . . jusr like what happened at the house of Cornielus, Acts 10. cf Acts 19 and the account of the disciples of John.

God's Truth

Water baptism is symbolic of what has already happened in the heart. It proves we have to repent to be saved. It does not mean no one can be saved before a water baptism. I was saved in a powerful way when was saved. I had two baptisms before I was saved, one in the false Catholic denomination, and once in the false Mormon denomination. Do you really think those baptisms were sufficient way before I was ever saved? Do you really think those baptisms counted even though I repented for following false denominations?

When you keep preaching no one can be saved before a water baptism you speak untruths about God's Word. No one is saved before they repent of their sins, but people can be saved before a water baptism.

We don't have an apostle preaching the truth anymore and showing us miraculous things, as was given to the apostles to verify that what they said was from God. We have a lot of false teachers speaking truths here and there. God has to have many different people nowadays to say a truth here and say a truth there, which might be days and weeks before an actual saving. And then after being saved, the saved person has to be extremely careful not to fall into false doctrines.

God's Truth

Apparently, you have continued to fail to study that very practice out in the OT; where it originated.

They even water baptized inanimate objects - in their practice of the TEMPORARY washing away of sin - as instructed to under THEIR God-given Law through Moses.

Never mind its repetition under the Law, there in Acts 21.

And never mind who it was who water baptized Saul, and why...

Acts 22:12 And one Ananias, a devout man according to the law, having a good report of all the Jews which dwelt there,

Carry on, I hear it said that ignorance is bliss - have your nirvana, then.

It is what it is with your kind.

Nevertheless, and given your repeatedly obvious works based salvation error - Rom. 5:6-8 towards you.

I'll remember you in prayer.

Jesus is our Teacher and he was baptized; we imitate Paul who imitates Christ, and Paul was water baptized.

Paul says that he planted the seed and that Apollos watered it.

That is about Paul speaking the message and Apollos doing the baptizing.

1 Corinthians 3:6 I planted the seed, Apollos watered it, but God has been making it grow

Just because Paul did not do a lot of water baptisms does not mean he did not teach water baptism.

1 Corinthians 10:1 For I do not want you to be ignorant of the fact, brothers and sisters, that our ancestors were all under the cloud and that they all passed through the sea. 2 They were all baptized into Moses in the cloud and in the sea.

Did you read that? Paul was speaking about water baptism.

Read what Paul says in the next two scriptures about water baptism:

Romans 6:3 Or don't you know that all of us who were baptized into Christ Jesus were baptized into his death?

Romans 6:4 We were therefore buried with him through baptism into death in order that, just as Christ was raised from the dead through the glory of the Father, we too may live a new life.

Paul is describing water baptism. The believer comes to make the pledge to God, to die to the sins of the world; so now standing in the water the believer falls back, as if dead; then, the believer goes under the water, buried; then, the believer rises up out of the water, raises up to live a new life.

We were "buried" with him through BAPTISM into death and RAISED from the dead...raised to live through Christ.

1 Peter 3:20 to those who were disobedient long ago when God waited patiently in the days of Noah while the ark was being built. In it only a few people, eight in all, were saved through water, 21 and this water symbolizes baptism that now saves you also—not the removal of dirt from the body but the pledge of a clear conscience toward God.

That scripture does say water baptism is a symbol. Read how Peter says Noah and his family were saved through water, and that this water (the water of baptism that Christians do) is symbolic of the baptism (of the Spirit) that now saves you.

That scripture does say water baptism is a symbol. Read how Peter says Noah and his family were saved through water, and that this water (the water of baptism that Christians do) is symbolic of the baptism (of the Spirit) that now saves you. IT IS A PLEDGE to God.

Paul spoke about the water in the sea and the cloud concerning the time with Moses, and Peter speaks of the time of water with Noah. The water of the Christians time is water baptism. It is literal water about something SYMBOLIC.

Cross Reference

"Have I learned to submit my will to Jesus? When we are rightly related to God we have uncovered to us for the first time the power of our own wills. Our wills are infirm through sin, but when we are sanctified there is revealed to us the pure pristine will-power with which God created us, and which the Holy Ghost calls into action. Then we have to submit our will to Jesus as He submitted His will to His Father. How was Jesus one with His Father when He was in this human frame? By complete obedience, complete dependence, and complete intercourse with Him all the time."

Chambers, O. (1965). Our brilliant heritage. London: Marshall, Morgan & Scott.

God's Truth

"Have I learned to submit my will to Jesus? When we are rightly related to God we have uncovered to us for the first time the power of our own wills. Our wills are infirm through sin, but when we are sanctified there is revealed to us the pure pristine will-power with which God created us, and which the Holy Ghost calls into action. Then we have to submit our will to Jesus as He submitted His will to His Father. How was Jesus one with His Father when He was in this human frame? By complete obedience, complete dependence, and complete intercourse with Him all the time."

Chambers, O. (1965). Our brilliant heritage. London: Marshall, Morgan & Scott.

Why not speak the words from the Word as given in the Bible?

DAN P

Hi and the Acts 22:16 is RECAPITULATION of what happened in Acts 9:6 !!

Paul called Jesus KURIOS / LORD and the second Paul called Jesus Lord , Paul called Jesus Lord BY THE HOLY SPIRIT !

1 Cor 12:3 is very clear that NO ONE calls Jesus Lord EXCEPT by the Holy Spirit !!

In Acts 9:17 , Ananias says , ' Has sent me so that you might recover sight , and might be FULL OF HOLY SPIRIT !!

In verse 18 , " INSTANTLY , and having stood up he was BAPTIZO / GIVEN , Holy Spirit !!

In Phil 3:7 under the Law , FAULTLESS !!

dan p

dan p

God's Truth

EVERY WORD in the Bible are "Jesus' words".

No kidding.

Which proves that Jesus is God the Father, because it is Jesus as God the Father speaking in the Old Testament.

2 Samuel 7:14 I will be his father, and he will be my son. When he does wrong, I will punish him with a rod wielded by men, with floggings inflicted by human hands.

hahahaha Is that Jesus saying he will be his own son, or is that the Father saying he will be his own son?

Come on now, humble yourself and accept the truth.