ECT Moment of Salvation Compared to Water Baptism

God's Truth

Who here can hear and see? Did you all see how Right Divider keeps saying Jesus taught the old law, Peter taught the old law, Paul taught something else...?

Do you see that?

But then RD goes against me in his confusion and PROVES what I say.

Peter taught the NEW LAW OF THE SPIRIT as GIVEN BY JESUS.

Cross Reference

Why did you bring me into it?

I proved that Jesus taught the new law which Paul preached. Why not just bond with me on that?

I can't. I don't believe you are correct. Jesus was the law fulfilled in Himself. So in effect He preached Himself as being what you say was, the law..

Danoh

Eternal life is a gift received by faith in all dispensations.

Pentecost was a continuation of God's dealing with Israel. It was a lawfully required feast day, after which they continued to keep the law.

One additional distinction, brought out by RD's above point, Turbo - is that when that day of Pentecost was fully come - all 120 were there - for that was one of THEIR Israelite Feast Days under THEIR/The Law.

Again, one cannot just simply go by the immediate rules of grammar, or the Greek in a passage, or what have you.

The larger picture is ever the key, and the larger picture is ever about one Doctrine or another that the specifics within any one word, phrase, passage, and or passages are ever governed by.

Rom. 5:6-8.

Acts 17:11,12.

2 Tim. 3:16,17.

turbosixx

One additional distinction, brought out by RD's above point, Turbo - is that when that day of Pentecost was fully come - all 120 were there - for that was one of THEIR Israelite Feast Days under THEIR/The Law.

Again, one cannot just simply go by the immediate rules of grammar, or the Greek in a passage, or what have you.

The larger picture is ever the key, and the larger picture is ever about one Doctrine or another that the specifics within any one word, phrase, passage, and or passages are ever governed by.

Rom. 5:6-8.

Acts 17:11,12.

2 Tim. 3:16,17.

More absurdity. If we cannot go by the rules of grammar, how are we to determine anything. The 120 being baptized with the Holy Spirit violates those rules and the context.

You and I have nothing further to discuss.

turbosixx

KJB is good grammar. How come you don't accept what it says face value or maybe you just don't want to believe what it says?

I agree KJB is good grammar. I accept it at face value 100%. The KJB is Greek translated into English. To understand what it's telling us, we have to use the rules of grammar. If we do not, then how can anyone understand what is truth?

You do not use the rules of grammar or context to understand what the bible is saying. I can only assume because you like what you understand to be truth and don't want to change it.

Saying the 120 were baptized with the Holy Spirit violates the rules of grammar, the context and common sense.

turbosixx

Eternal life is a gift received by faith in all dispensations.

Pentecost was a continuation of God's dealing with Israel. It was a lawfully required feast day, after which they continued to keep the law.

From your understanding, did Jesus nail the old covenant to the cross or no?

Cross Reference

Jesus didn't "nail" anything to anything.. He died on a cross to fulfill the LAW. The LAW is NOW a Personality, . . . HIM. Why not get understanding about what redemption accomplished?

turbosixx

Jesus didn't "nail" anything to anything.. He died on a cross to fulfill the LAW. The LAW is NOW a Personality, . . . HIM.

Col. 2:14 by canceling the record of debt that stood against us with its legal demands. This he set aside, nailing it to the cross.

Face value

Right Divider

Body part
Since you think that Paul, the apostle of the gentiles, and the 12 apostles for the 12 tribes of Israel preached exactly the same thing.... Show us where anyone BUT Paul said anything that would make you think that.

Cross Reference

I agree KJB is good grammar.

No, you don't.

I accept it at face value 100%.
That's a lie.

The KJB is Greek translated into English.
You mean Greek translated into English, correct? I agree.

To understand what it's telling us, we have to use the rules of grammar. If we do not, then how can anyone understand what is truth?

That is further evidence yu DON"T believe the KJV, "face value" by insinuating it is poor grammar.

You do not use the rules of grammar or context to understand what the bible is saying. I can only assume because you like what you understand to be truth and don't want to change it.

Neither does my Yak shepherd friend in lower Siberia who reveals his love to God from a pure heart plus nothing.

I have Strongs and other qualified helps that don't seek to cast a shadow on what has been accepted for humdreds of years if not, thousands of years as the truth of it all.

Saying the 120 were baptized with the Holy Spirit violates the rules of grammar, the context and common sense.

Only in your elitist, prideful, heart.