ECT Moment of Salvation Compared to Water Baptism

turbosixx

It seems like you believe we can claim to be saved. But above scripture is future tense. It is just beginning of salvation.

We will not be saved unless we endure and be faithful and true to Jesus until the end.

So we will know if we are saved or not when we wake up in the kingdom.

My two cents.

thanks.

Thanks for your two cents :). I agree with you. The way I understand it, we are saved as long as we continue to follow Jesus.
I Jn. 1:6 If we say we have fellowship with him while we walk in darkness, we lie and do not practice the truth. 7 But if we walk in the light, as he is in the light, we have fellowship with one another, and the blood of Jesus his Son cleanses us from all sin.

I Cor. 15:1 Now I would remind you, brothers, of the gospel I preached to you, which you received, in which you stand, 2 and by which you are being saved, if you hold fast to the word I preached to you—unless you believed in vain.

turbosixx

Why not go in the other direction and believe for all disciples in hearing of His voice? Like Mark and Luke and the many which came later we don't as yet know about. Remember there were 500 of them we are told witnessed the ascension.

The reason I don't go in the other direction is because I go where God's word leads me. I can find in scripture that the apostles were chosen to be witnesses to Jesus.
Acts 1:1 In the first book, O Theophilus, I have dealt with all that Jesus began to do and teach, 2 until the day when he was taken up, after he had given commands through the Holy Spirit to the apostles whom he had chosen.

Ok, you want to qualify more than the apostles to be witnesses. Based on what scripture saying they are witnesses? If up to 500 could be witnesses, consider this. When they needed to replace Judas, how many people qualified to fill his spot as a chosen witness?

Danoh

Thanks for your two cents :). I agree with you. The way I understand it, we are saved as long as we continue to follow Jesus.
I Jn. 1:6 If we say we have fellowship with him while we walk in darkness, we lie and do not practice the truth. 7 But if we walk in the light, as he is in the light, we have fellowship with one another, and the blood of Jesus his Son cleanses us from all sin.

I Cor. 15:1 Now I would remind you, brothers, of the gospel I preached to you, which you received, in which you stand, 2 and by which you are being saved, if you hold fast to the word I preached to you—unless you believed in vain.

You are once more erroneously asserting the doctrine known as Lordship Salvation, or (Israel's) works for their deliverance THROUGH THEIR Covenant BASED Wrath TO COME.

And your error is a simple one - your having confused who is addressing who, when.

Absent of that, the other rules of grammar are rendered of none effect.

In other words, you have ended up in your OWN context, once more.

Endless Treadmill Salvationists all have this key feature in their error, in common.

I'd say to you "nevertheless, Rom. 14:5 towards you" but am forced by your error to instead assert only "nevertheless, Rom. 5:6-8."

Or as the Apostle Paul might have put that (though he had been addressing those who had once had this issue right)...

Galatians 2:21 I do not frustrate the grace of God: for if righteousness come by the law, then Christ is dead in vain.

Galatians 3:1 O foolish Galatians, who hath bewitched you, that ye should not obey the truth, before whose eyes Jesus Christ hath been evidently set forth, crucified among you? 3:2 This only would I learn of you, Received ye the Spirit by the works of the law, or by the hearing of faith? 3:3 Are ye so foolish? having begun in the Spirit, are ye now made perfect by the flesh?

3:6 Even as Abraham believed God, and it was accounted to him for righteousness.

Nevertheless, Romans 5:6-8.

Cross Reference

Which proves that merely thinking one has gone by the Word, does not mean right off that they have actually gone by the Word.

Rom. 5:6-8.

Exactly! and for many cessationalists it can only be that way as a crutch because they have no "unction to function"; no baptism WITH the Holy Spirit as only Jesus can provide for, being He is the Baptizer.

"And it came to pass, that, while Apollos was at Corinth, Paul having passed through the upper coasts came to Ephesus: and finding certain disciples, He said unto them, Have ye received the Holy Ghost since ye believed? And they said unto him, We have not so much as heard whether there be any Holy Ghost. And he said unto them, Unto what then were ye baptized? And they said, Unto John's baptism. Then said Paul, John verily baptized with the baptism of repentance, saying unto the people, that they should believe on him which should come after him, that is, on Christ Jesus. When they heard this, they were baptized in the name of the Lord Jesus. And when Paul had laid his hands upon them, the Holy Ghost came on them; and they spake with tongues, and prophesied. And all the men were about twelve." Acts 19:1-7 (KJV)

I wonder how the original Greek would read that I should throw away my KJV? . . ;)

turbosixx

You are once more erroneously asserting the doctrine known as Lordship Salvation, or (Israel's) works for their deliverance THROUGH THEIR Covenant BASED Wrath TO COME.

And your error is a simple one - your having confused who is addressing who, when.

Absent of that, the other rules of grammar are rendered of none effect.

In other words, you have ended up in your OWN context, once more.

Endless Treadmill Salvationists all have this key feature in their error, in common.

I'd say to you "nevertheless, Rom. 14:5 towards you" but am forced by your error to instead assert only "nevertheless, Rom. 5:6-8."

Or as the Apostle Paul might have put that (though he had been addressing those who had once had this issue right)...

Galatians 2:21 I do not frustrate the grace of God: for if righteousness come by the law, then Christ is dead in vain.

Galatians 3:1 O foolish Galatians, who hath bewitched you, that ye should not obey the truth, before whose eyes Jesus Christ hath been evidently set forth, crucified among you? 3:2 This only would I learn of you, Received ye the Spirit by the works of the law, or by the hearing of faith? 3:3 Are ye so foolish? having begun in the Spirit, are ye now made perfect by the flesh?

3:6 Even as Abraham believed God, and it was accounted to him for righteousness.

Nevertheless, Romans 5:6-8.

Hey, we're back at it:)

If I understand what you're saying, it might help me to understand you're point better if you would tell me how those on Pentecost were saved. By the old covenant, new covenant or something else.

Right Divider

Body part
Hey, we're back at it:)

If I understand what you're saying, it might help me to understand you're point better if you would tell me how those on Pentecost were saved. By the old covenant, new covenant or something else.
Eternal life is a gift received by faith in all dispensations.

Pentecost was a continuation of God's dealing with Israel. It was a lawfully required feast day, after which they continued to keep the law.

Cross Reference

Pentecost was a continuation of God's dealing with Israel. It was a lawfully required feast day, after which they continued to keep the law.

Until Peter told them they didn't have to anylonger because of Jesus Christ. He proved he was correct in this.

God's Truth

Eternal life is a gift received by faith in all dispensations.

Jesus told the Jews to do what the Pharisees and teachers of the law said to do because the earthly temple was still standing and they enforced the old law.

That is proof that Jesus taught something different than the old law.

You refuse the truth so that you can hold onto what has taken over your heart and mind.

No? Then tell me why Jesus said:

Matthew 23:2 1Then Jesus spoke to the crowds and to His disciples: 2“The scribes and Pharisees sit in Moses’ seat. 3So practice and observe everything they tell you. But do not do what they do, for they do not practice what they preach

Right Divider

Body part
Jesus told the Jews to do what the Pharisees and teachers of the law said to do because the earthly temple was still standing and they enforced the old law.

That is proof that Jesus taught something different than the old law.

You refuse the truth so that you can hold onto what has taken over your heart and mind.

No? Then tell me why Jesus said:

Matthew 23:2 1Then Jesus spoke to the crowds and to His disciples: 2“The scribes and Pharisees sit in Moses’ seat. 3So practice and observe everything they tell you. But do not do what they do, for they do not practice what they preach
Jesus told them to obey the LAW!