Minerva's Official Wedding Thread!

Delmar

Patron Saint of SMACK
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
My wife and I got cheap silver bands when we were married.

I really love my "understated" ring. It always reminds me that the ring is just a symbol of our marriage and not a symbol of our wealth.

We could have upgraded along the way but we decided we liked the cheap rings!
My original ring was bronze, made by a local artisan for $25. I would still be wearing it but it wore so thin that the edges got sharp and it started cutting my finger. I now, carry it on my key ring! We got the replacement from Avon for $10.

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
My original ring was bronze, made by a local artisan for $25. I would still be wearing it but it wore so thin that the edges got sharp and it started cutting my finger. I now, carry it on my key ring! We got the replacement from Avon for $10.
:D :up:

Mystery

I really love my "understated" ring. It always reminds me that the ring is just a symbol of our marriage and not a symbol of our wealth.

Good decision!

When our daughter (who is now 9) was 2, she threw my wife's 1500.00 wedding ring in the trash (on trash day of course). My wife had removed it because she was with child and it didn't fit at the time.

:sigh:

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Good decision!

When our daughter (who is now 9) was 2, she threw my wife's 1500.00 wedding ring in the trash (on trash day of course). My wife had removed it because she was with child and it didn't fit at the time.

:sigh:
Ouch!!!!! :eek:

Although I would be just as sad if I lost my $50 cheapy ring. It means so much to me!

Minerva

Yes, we thought that we could get the silver rings and then later on have something engraved on them. Luckily for Jared, I don't like gold anyway! :chuckle: I even told him I would be happy with a ring from a bubble gum machine, I think we'll go with the silver though, a green finger wouldn't be very cute.

Stripe

Teenage Adaptive Ninja Turtle
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Ouchie. I probably shouldn't get involved in discussions about rings, but my wife said she wouldn't marry me unless the ring cost more than her new car :eek:

I took that as a sign that I could skimp on the honeymoon... :eek:

C

cattyfan

I knew a woman who, when her fiancee asked what size ring she wears, she answered, "Nothing less than two carats."

They never made it to the altar... :nono:

ShadowMaid

Yes, that would be wonderful, I am thankful just to have this happen at all.

I would love to view your cake but apparently I do not have permisson to access that page....:rain: lol

And yes, I too love involving the kids in everything, my daughter is so excited for this day you just wouldn't believe it. Here's a picture of her......(any chance to show off my babies:eek: )....

http://i21.tinypic.com/2ij4rx4.jpg

oh what the heck...while we're at it, here's my oldest boy too....

http://i23.tinypic.com/9a30he.jpg

:D
Your kids are cute cute cute! It must be pretty exciting for them. ^_^

Minerva

Did you corner the pastor yet?

I have left messages on the machine and no one is ever at the church when I stop by. I am not going to wait any longer than tomorrow though. After that I will go with the other church I had in mind or I will go ahead and work it out with Jared's boss who is a decon at his church and said he could work someting out probably. OR I will just bite the bullet and walk down to the church at the end of my street and see if they will do it ( I don't really want to do it there, we used to go to that church and it's a joke but if it comes down to it I suppose a church is a church right)

Monday I am going to make a post with something definite thought because I can't wait any longer. :jump: Seriously, the suspense is killing me and at first my heart was set on that cute little ivy covered church but now I am just ready to get married even if it's in some preachers barn with the cows and chickens!):cow:

Minerva

Ouchie. I probably shouldn't get involved in discussions about rings, but my wife said she wouldn't marry me unless the ring cost more than her new car :eek:

I took that as a sign that I could skimp on the honeymoon... :eek:

wow,:noway: lucky wife

Minerva

I knew a woman who, when her fiancee asked what size ring she wears, she answered, "Nothing less than two carats."

They never made it to the altar... :nono:

If you hold my engagement ring to the light just right, you can see the glimmer of the diamond.....lol....Actually, that ring was just a pacifier until the real ring he ordered came in, it was Christmas time last year I think, he got me a 2 carat black diamond ring, it was white gold, (like i said i don't like regular gold) it was only like 2 or 3 hundred dollars but he got it for me because I am not a conventional girl so he though I should have a ring that is different too, and plus I love black.

Minerva

Your kids are cute cute cute! It must be pretty exciting for them. ^_^

Yes, my kids are pretty darn cute! My daughter has been excited about this since the moment she met Jared. When we first started dating it was a scary time for us because of my ex, the kids were scared and we had just moved into a new apartment, he was over during the day because he had brought us some furniture and house stuff since we didn't have anything and he asked them if they wanted him to stay the night since they were so scared and my daughter hugged him and said she didn't want him to leave EVER and that is exactly what happened, we've been together ever since.

CRASH

TOL Subscriber
I have left messages on the machine and no one is ever at the church when I stop by. I am not going to wait any longer than tomorrow though. After that I will go with the other church I had in mind or I will go ahead and work it out with Jared's boss who is a decon at his church and said he could work someting out probably. OR I will just bite the bullet and walk down to the church at the end of my street and see if they will do it ( I don't really want to do it there, we used to go to that church and it's a joke but if it comes down to it I suppose a church is a church right)

Monday I am going to make a post with something definite thought because I can't wait any longer. :jump: Seriously, the suspense is killing me and at first my heart was set on that cute little ivy covered church but now I am just ready to get married even if it's in some preachers barn with the cows and chickens!):cow:

Keep trying to corner the guy who pastors the little ivy church. I thought that would be a really cool place to get married. Even better than a barn.:luigi: :cow: :angel:

Minerva

Keep trying to corner the guy who pastors the little ivy church. I thought that would be a really cool place to get married. Even better than a barn.:luigi: :cow: :angel:

I will keep trying for sure, but I tel you, I have become suspicious of the people in this town....when do they work, why can no one be reached by phone, why is there no schedule to when places are open or closed....aliens I tell you....aliens....:noid: :cyborg: maybe you should watch out Crash, they could be...........homo aliens!!!:flamer: :jawdrop:

Minerva

One officiant - $125

FINALLY!:D

So.....

ON DECEMBER THE 7th at 4:00 JARED AND I WILL BE GETTING MARRIED!!!! YAY!​

We are going to do it at my parents house because they have beautiful property. He has a pond with ducks and stuff...it's really gorgeous. The pastor I talked to said that since we would be keeping it small it would be sensible to do it there because the church would want too much money and I agree. On November the 26th at 6:00 we have to go meet the pastor and have a counseling session with him, apparently that is normal procedure. So, it seems this thing is finally planned out. The only thing I don't have is someone to take pictures so I am going to ask around town and see if anyone here does photography, other than that....WE ARE FINALLY READY.

:jump: WOO HOO!!!! :jump:​

:guitar: :drum: I'm so excited....and I just can't hide it...I'm about to lose my mind, and I think I like it.......:party: (if you don't know that song just smile and nod :eek: )

:the_wave:​

Last edited: