Minerva's Official Wedding Thread!

MaryContrary

Hall of Fame
I've been off the board for a while but I'll at least be checking in on this. I don't want to miss anything! :(

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Not until we know how much we need to raise. Then you can give till it hurts!:banana:

It only hurts well, that would be off topic. Did any body tell the two congratulations yet?

CONGRATUALTIONS!!! :cheers:

GuySmiley

Oh yeah! Congrats! That church building looks cool!! Hurry up so I can give you the wedding present I promised.

Minerva

That looks really cool. Are you getting a friend to photograph for you? :) Or are you getting a photographer?

I am hoping that Jared's step-mom will come and take pictures because she is awesome at it. I don't even want to know how much a real photographer costs, but to me one of the most important things will be the pictures because I LOVE pictures! I have literally about 10, 000 pictures on my computer because I love photography myself, but obviously I can't do the photographing. :p

Minerva

Oh yeah! Congrats! That church building looks cool!! Hurry up so I can give you the wedding present I promised.

Thanks you, and yes the church is really awesome!

And I am eagerly awaiting my virtually useless present...lol :bannana: (actually it has annoyed me greatly....knowledge is everything.)

ShadowMaid

I am hoping that Jared's step-mom will come and take pictures because she is awesome at it. I don't even want to know how much a real photographer costs, but to me one of the most important things will be the pictures because I LOVE pictures! I have literally about 10, 000 pictures on my computer because I love photography myself, but obviously I can't do the photographing. :p
Obviously! I hope that everything just falls into place! Pictures are going to be really important for this event! ^_^

Minerva

Ok here is what I have figured out about how much this thing is going to cost. I am only waiting on one thing, the most important thing actually, and that is a return call from the pastor. Other than that:

$45 - license
$35 - rings (wal mart has some silver bands)
$20 - boquet (unless my dad's roses happen to be blooming at the time)
$65 - dinner (there are 5 of us)
$50 - dress (unless I run across one at the goodwill between now and then but so far no luck, I don't even really own a dress becaues I am not very girly so I don't already have one)

I just have to find out about the pastor and then I can get this thing going. We are hoping for Friday December the 7th.

My mom and dad are going to watch our littlest one for Friday and Saturday night. My other kids will go to their friends house for the weekend.

Jared's step mom is going to take pictures and I am going to give my camera and my daughters camera to anyone willing so that I can have a lot of pictures.

The license can be used the very same day you get married, some places have a 30 day waiting period but luckily not here.

I think that is it....I have tried to figure out the cheapest way to do all this because I feel strange about everyone donating. No one ever did anything like this for me before so it's just strange. I am so thankful and so excited!! So that's my update, now if the church would just call back!

:bannana: :bannana: :bannana: :bannana: :bannana: :bannana: :bannana:​

Last edited:

Delmar

Patron Saint of SMACK
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Ok here is what I have figured out about how much this thing is going to cost. I am only waiting on one thing, the most important thing actually, and that is a return call from the pastor. Other than that:

$45 - license
$35 - rings (wal mart has some silver bands)
$20 - boquet (unless my dad's roses happen to be blooming at the time)
$65 - dinner (there are 5 of us)
$50 - dress (unless I run across one at the goodwill between now and then but so far no luck, I don't even really own a dress becaues I am not very girly so I don't already have one)

I just have to find out about the pastor and then I can get this thing going. We are hoping for Friday December the 7th.

My mom and dad are going to watch our littlest one for Friday and Saturday night. My other kids will go to their friends house for the weekend.

Jared's step mom is going to take pictures and I am going to give my camera and my daughters camera to anyone willing so that I can have a lot of pictures.

The license can be used the very same day you get married, some places have a 30 day waiting period but luckily not here.

I think that is it....I have tried to figure out the cheapest way to do all this because I feel strange about everyone donating.
I'm hope we can raise a bit more than you need! Cash is a really good wedding gift!
No one ever did anything like this for me before so it's just strange. I am so thankful and so excited!! So that's my update, now if the church would just call back!

:bannana: :bannana: :bannana: :bannana: :bannana: :bannana: :bannana:​

Mrs Delmar and I did everything on the cheap too! We sent out E mail invitations, We even made our own cake

She also had kids from a previous marriage, so the kids helped us decorate the sheet cakes. The more involved they can be the better, I think!

Minerva

I'm hope we can raise a bit more than you need! Cash is a really good wedding gift!

Mrs Delmar and I did everything on the cheap too! We sent out E mail invitations, We even made our own cake

She also had kids from a previous marriage, so the kids helped us decorate the sheet cakes. The more involved they can be the better, I think!

Yes, that would be wonderful, I am thankful just to have this happen at all.

I would love to view your cake but apparently I do not have permisson to access that page....:rain: lol

And yes, I too love involving the kids in everything, my daughter is so excited for this day you just wouldn't believe it. Here's a picture of her......(any chance to show off my babies:eek: )....

http://i21.tinypic.com/2ij4rx4.jpg

oh what the heck...while we're at it, here's my oldest boy too....

http://i23.tinypic.com/9a30he.jpg

:D

Delmar

Patron Saint of SMACK
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Yes, that would be wonderful, I am thankful just to have this happen at all.

I would love to view your cake but apparently I do not have permisson to access that page....:rain: lol

And yes, I too love involving the kids in everything, my daughter is so excited for this day you just wouldn't believe it. Here's a picture of her......(any chance to show off my babies:eek: )....

http://i21.tinypic.com/2ij4rx4.jpg

oh what the heck...while we're at it, here's my oldest boy too....

http://i23.tinypic.com/9a30he.jpg

:D
Oh I didn't think about that, sorry. I think this will work!

Minerva

Oh I didn't think about that, sorry. I think this will work!

That's adorable, and probably tasted better than anything you could have bought I'm sure! I wonder if I made a cake if they would let me take it to the restaurant with me...:think:

Delmar

Patron Saint of SMACK
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
That's adorable, and probably tasted better than anything you could have bought I'm sure! I wonder if I made a cake if they would let me take it to the restaurant with me...:think:
I don't think they would kick out paying customers over a little bit of cake! Especially with you wearing a wedding dress! :up:

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
$35 - rings
My wife and I got cheap silver bands when we were married.

I really love my "understated" ring. It always reminds me that the ring is just a symbol of our marriage and not a symbol of our wealth.

We could have upgraded along the way but we decided we liked the cheap rings!