Marijuana

LivingDeadDoll

BANNED BY MOD
Banned by Mod
So i guess that the bible really doesn't have a lot to say on the subject except that God gave us plants for our use. Strange how such a major topic of our time is not even really a discussed point in the bible. Maybe that's because there wasn't a reason to touch on the subject since it isn't a big deal like people today make it out to be. I wonder if i will live to see the legalization of it?

Ninjashadow

Originally posted by Gerald

No, you ignominious poltroon, you beer-addled oaf!!

I'm not talking about that, as you are well aware if you've followed this thread with any attentiveness whatsovever!

(Like my Charles Emerson Winchester impression...?) :chuckle:

It's always great when you can get a M*A*S*H reference into a post.

the Sibbie

Originally posted by elohiym

God created the hemp plant, along with every "herb yielding seed after his kind..." According to God, the hemp was good.

Genesis 1:12 And the earth brought forth grass, and herb yielding seed after his kind, and the tree yielding fruit, whose seed was in itself, after his kind: and God saw that it was good.

God instructed man to use the herbs as food. He gave those herbs to mankind to be consumed, and put no restrictions on how the herbs could be used.

Genesis 1:29 And God said, Behold, I have given you every herb bearing seed, which is upon the face of all the earth, and every tree, in the which is the fruit of a tree yielding seed; to you it shall be for meat (food).

God gave the herbs "for the service of man."

Psalms 104:14 He causeth the grass to grow for the cattle, and herb for the service of man: that he may bring forth food out of the earth.

Paul talks about doctrines of devils, one of which was commanding to abstain from certain foods. A command to abstain from hemp would clearly be a doctrine of devils, as hemp was created, like all herbs, to be received with thanksgiving. Note Paul's choice of words, and how it ties into Genesis.

1 Timothy 4:1-5 Now the Spirit speaketh expressly, that in the latter times some shall depart from the faith, giving heed to seducing spirits, and doctrines of devils; Speaking lies in hypocrisy; having their conscience seared with a hot iron; Forbidding to marry, and commanding to abstain from meats (foods), which God hath created to be received with thanksgiving of them which believe and know the truth. For every creature (created thing) of God is good, and nothing to be refused, if it be received with thanksgiving: For it is sanctified by the word of God and prayer.

Finally, Jesus states that nothing one puts in their mouth defiles them...

Mark 7:15 There is nothing from without a man, that entering into him can defile him: but the things which come out of him, those are they that defile the man.
So every poisonous plant is also good for food?

elohiym

Originally posted by Turbo

Likewise, one could could wrongly use these verses to justify drunkeness.

Luke 7:33-35 For John the Baptist came neither eating bread nor drinking wine; and ye say, He hath a devil. The Son of man is come eating and drinking; and ye say, Behold a gluttonous man, and a winebibber, a friend of publicans and sinners! But wisdom is justified of all her children.

1 Corinthians 6:12 All things are lawful unto me, but all things are not expedient: all things are lawful for me, but I will not be brought under the power of any.

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame
Originally posted by Mr. 5020

These have what to do with one another?
Don't ask stupid questions.:nono:

Or did you mean to ask what they had to do with marijuana?;)

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame
Originally posted by One Eyed Jack

I think underaged military personnel are allowed to drink on base.
Actually they can drink anywhere. As long as they present their Military ID.

elohiym

Originally posted by the Sibbie

So every poisonous plant is also good for food?

Do you really need to stretch it that far? I'm sure the first time a human ate some marijuana, she found it more pleasant than the fruit of the tree of knowledge of good evil, or poison oak.

Every herb is given to mankind, whether it be poisonous or not. God said they were all good in Genesis. Both primitive and modern man create medicines, in part, from the toxins in herbs.

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame
God created everything good, but it has become corrupted. So the usage of those verses to say that every plant is okay for consumption isn't a good one.

Turbo

Caped Crusader
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Originally posted by elohiym

Luke 7:33-35 For John the Baptist came neither eating bread nor drinking wine; and ye say, He hath a devil. The Son of man is come eating and drinking; and ye say, Behold a gluttonous man, and a winebibber, a friend of publicans and sinners! But wisdom is justified of all her children.

1 Corinthians 6:12 All things are lawful unto me, but all things are not expedient: all things are lawful for me, but I will not be brought under the power of any.
Your point?

Servo

Formerly Shimei!
LIFETIME MEMBER
I know it is possible to have a beer or a glass of wine and not be drunk. But is it possible to smoke a joint and not get high?

Turbo

Caped Crusader
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Originally posted by Shimei

I know it is possible to have a beer or a glass of wine and not be drunk. But is it possible to smoke a joint and not get high?
Or, does anyone smoke it without the intention of getting high?

LivingDeadDoll

BANNED BY MOD
Banned by Mod
There are other ways of ingesting marijuana aside from smoking it. And some people who use it medicinally need it's healing effects but don't wish for that "high" that you get from smoking it. So i would say that, yes, some people do ingest it without the intention of getting "high".

Servo

Formerly Shimei!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Originally posted by Vision

^ No.
People I know take one hit and they're cool. That stuff hits it right where it (gray) matters

So you are saying that people YOU know pass a joint or a bong around and just take one hit and they are done. One hit and we'll call it an evening. Sure they do.

Servo

Formerly Shimei!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Originally posted by LivingDeadDoll

There are other ways of ingesting marijuana aside from smoking it. And some people who use it medicinally need it's healing effects but don't wish for that "high" that you get from smoking it. So i would say that, yes, some people do ingest it without the intention of getting "high".

Medical use aside.

So you know people who "ingest" marijuana to not get high?

Turbo

Caped Crusader
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Originally posted by LivingDeadDoll

Do you smoke it with the intention of getting high?