Marijuana

One Eyed Jack

Originally posted by LivingDeadDoll

one eyed jack - do you know where the whole "reefer madness" thing came from?

I'm not sure.

( My favorite little oldie is the one where the man and woman are smoking dope and someone knocks on the door, the guy goes to open it and a man walks in, the guy who has been smoking dope looks at him and says " i know what you want...you want to kill me" and then proceeds to blugeon him. Like weed makes you psycho and violent or something. that one is SO funny to me, have you ever seen anyone that has just smoked a joint even have the motivation to answer the door much less bludgeon a person to death! lol)

Well, I've seen people motivated enough to answer the door anyway. As for bludgeoning someone to death, it seems to me that drunks tend to be a lot more violent than potheads.

One Eyed Jack

Originally posted by granite1010

Except that scripture clearly condemns drunkenness, and is silent re drug use.

As long as you don't consider alcohol a drug. I think the condemnation of drunkenness can be extended to pretty much any inebriating substance.

Granite

Hall of Fame
Originally posted by One Eyed Jack

As long as you don't consider alcohol a drug. I think the condemnation of drunkenness can be extended to pretty much any inebriating substance.

Well, narcotics were known in biblical times--I mean, shrooms and the reefer have been around since mankind--yet the Bible does not address their use (or abuse) once. Alcohol is specified, and drunkenness explicitly condemned.

I would say that if booze is considered a drug, narcotics use could be defended biblically only because drinking in the right circumstance for the right reason is encouraged.

the Sibbie

Originally posted by One Eyed Jack

I agree with that. The only thing about legalizing marijuana would be that it would become like cigarettes. People could smoke it in the smoking sections of restaurants and it might be the smoke of choice in bars. How would you know how much you can smoke before you are considered inebriated? Wouldn't the second-hand smoke effect everyone else around, too? I have a hard enough time putting up with cigarette smoke at a nearby table at a restaurant or even being near the smoking section.

LivingDeadDoll

BANNED BY MOD
Banned by Mod
ok, if you were up all night with an infant you might not function so well yourself at nine in the morning! lol

where i live..

LivingDeadDoll

BANNED BY MOD
Banned by Mod
he he he.....maybe so....

no, actually i do smoke it, but only at night when the kids are in bed, i have to many children to be slowed down like that!:chuckle:

Granite

Hall of Fame
Re: Marijuana

Originally posted by LivingDeadDoll

So what are everyones views on marijuana, politics, and the bible?
Do you think it should be legal?
Do you support medicinal use?
Recreational use?
Do you think marijuana is mentioned/used in the bible?
Do you think it is wrong all together?
And please elaborate on your view...

Legalize the whole she-bang.

Done it a few times; it's all right but not my poison of choice (prefer beer).

Recreational, medicinal, whatever...you want to get your cats high with secondhand, knock yourself out.

That I know of it's not mentioned explicitly in the Bible, maybe I've missed something though.

It's wrong when abused--I know plenty of people who can handle a joint here or there or even every day, and others who've gone so completely overboard that smoking bud has dominated their life and flushed it.

Gerald

Resident Fiend
Tried it about 20 years ago, found it to be terribly over-rated, and haven't touched it since.

Gerald

Resident Fiend
Shooting from the hip again, aren't you...?

Shooting from the hip again, aren't you...?

Originally posted by On Fire
Stoner.
The same way one shot of whiskey every three months or so makes you a drunk, right...?

We can't all be the Paragon of Virtue™ that you are... :chuckle:

On Fire

Re: Shooting from the hip again, aren't you...?

Re: Shooting from the hip again, aren't you...?

Originally posted by Gerald
We can't all be the Paragon of Virtue™ that you are... :chuckle:
Dare to Dream™.

Gerald

Resident Fiend
Re: Re: Shooting from the hip again, aren't you...?

Re: Re: Shooting from the hip again, aren't you...?

Originally posted by On Fire
Dare to Dream™.
Never! :p

Besides, you're about as much a Paragon of Virtue™ as Caligula.

Gerald

Resident Fiend
Originally posted by BillyBob
Kindness?
No, you ignominious poltroon, you beer-addled oaf!!

I'm not talking about that, as you are well aware if you've followed this thread with any attentiveness whatsovever!

(Like my Charles Emerson Winchester impression...?) :chuckle: