Marijuana legalization: LESS government?

drbrumley

November 18 | Taken from a message by Adrian Rogers

I want to tell you that it is King Alcohol that is making our highways slaughter pens and ruining domestic tranquility in our homes.

People start out drinking for happiness, then it only makes them unhappy. Drinking produces one contradiction after another.

Drink for friendship and make an enemy. Drink for sleep and awaken without rest. Drink for strength and feel weak. Drink medicinally and acquire health problems. Drink for relaxation and get the shakes. Drink for bravery and become afraid. Drink for confidence and become doubtful.

Drink to converse easier and get slurred speech. Drink to feel “heavenly” and end up feeling “hellish." Drink to forget and are forever haunted. Drink for freedom and become slaves. Drink to erase problems and see them multiply. Drink to cope with life and invite death.

What a mockery alcohol makes of this society! Proverbs 23:29-35 warns,

Who has woe? Who has sorrow? Who has contentions? Who has complaining? Who has wounds without cause? Who has redness of eyes? Those who linger long over wine, those who go to taste mixed wine. Do not look on the wine when it is red, when it sparkles in the cup, when it goes down smoothly; at the last it bites like a serpent, and stings like a viper. Your eyes will see strange things, and your mind will utter perverse things. And you will be like one who lies down in the middle of the sea, or like one who lies down on the top of a mast. "They struck me, but I did not become ill; they beat me, but I did not know it. When shall I awake? I will seek another drink. (NASB)

aCultureWarrior

BANNED
Banned
LIFETIME MEMBER
:think: Maybe I will.

2 things Tom:

1). Be sure to smoke lots of dope, cuz it

Quote:
Originally Posted by WizardofOz
"...just isn't that harmful".

and

2). Don't tell your employer, cuz I just get the feeling that your company has a no recreational drug use policy.

On that note, it's time to go to the gym (where everyone imbibes in bongs, pipes and reefers while working out).

drbrumley

November 21 | Taken from a message by Adrian Rogers

People are saying, "What are we going to do about AIDS? What are we going to do about cancer?" I want to ask you, "What are we going to do about those people who are dying as a result of alcohol?"

If alcohol was like any other plague bringing death and destruction, everyone in the entertainment industry would be doing telethons to raise support, sending out informational literature to build awareness, and doing everything they could to stop it! I venture to say that there would be rewards offered if people could find a cure.

More than 300 persons die every week in alcohol-related car crashes. What if a plane went down each week killing all 300 people on board? Each week, you saw this on the news! Do you think there would be a Congressional investigation? Do you think that the U.S. Department of Transportation would launch an all-out investigation? Of course they would!

Instead, the liquor industry and its lobbyists have done a good job of concealing the destructive secret of alcohol. Proverbs 20:1 says, "Wine is a mocker, strong drink is raging: and whosoever is deceived thereby is not wise."

aCultureWarrior

BANNED
Banned
LIFETIME MEMBER
Actually, No

Good article Doc. We've taken something (alcohol) which isn't inherently immoral, and given to a reckless pagan society, and we're seeing the results.

Do we really want to trust that same society with a mind altering/behavior changing narcotic such as marijuana?

drbrumley

Good article Doc. We've taken something (alcohol) which isn't inherently immoral, and given to a reckless pagan society, and we're seeing the results.

Do we really want to trust that same society with a mind altering/behavior changing narcotic such as marijuana?

Hmmmm, let me ask you this then since your brought up moral vs immoral? Can't the same be said for all the other drugs as well? Are not all drugs (including alcohol) inherently immoral? If not, can you give us a reason as to why drugs are immoral and alcohol isn't?

aCultureWarrior

BANNED
Banned
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hmmmm, let me ask you this then since your brought up moral vs immoral? Can't the same be said for all the other drugs as well? Are not all drugs (including alcohol) inherently immoral? If not, can you give us a reason as to why drugs are immoral and alcohol isn't?

Keep in mind that we're talking about using recreational drugs for mind altering (and thus behavior changing) reasons Doc.

The Bible says that such things are immoral, the responsible use of alcohol isn't.
http://www.gotquestions.org/sin-alcohol.html

As far as other drugs, do you mean taking a narcotic prescribed by a physician for health reasons?

Why would that be immoral?

http://www.truth.info/life/truth.vs.drugs.htm

drbrumley

Keep in mind that we're talking about using recreational drugs for mind altering (and thus behavior changing) reasons Doc.

And alcohol isn't used as a recreational drug for mind altering (and thus behavior changing) reasons? Wow AcW.

The Bible says that such things are immoral, the responsible use of alcohol isn't.

And God sir is allowing me to tell you Proverbs 23:29 Who has woe? Who has sorrow? Who has strife? Who has complaints? Who has needless bruises? Who has bloodshot eyes? 30 Those who linger over wine, who go to sample bowls of mixed wine. 31 Do not gaze at wine when it is red, when it sparkles in the cup, when it goes down smoothly! 32 In the end it bites like a snake and poisons like a viper. 33 Your eyes will see strange sights and your mind imagine confusing things. 34 You will be like one sleeping on the high seas, lying on top of the rigging. 35 "They hit me," you will say, "but I'm not hurt! They beat me, but I don't feel it! When will I wake up so I can find another drink?"

aCultureWarrior

BANNED
Banned
LIFETIME MEMBER
And alcohol isn't used as a recreational drug for mind altering (and thus behavior changing) reasons? Wow AcW.

Hence my above post:

Quote: Originally posted by aCultureWarrior:

And God sir is allowing me to tell you Proverbs 23:29 Who has woe? Who has sorrow? Who has strife? Who has complaints? Who has needless bruises? Who has bloodshot eyes? 30 Those who linger over wine, who go to sample bowls of mixed wine. 31 Do not gaze at wine when it is red, when it sparkles in the cup, when it goes down smoothly! 32 In the end it bites like a snake and poisons like a viper. 33 Your eyes will see strange sights and your mind imagine confusing things. 34 You will be like one sleeping on the high seas, lying on top of the rigging. 35 "They hit me," you will say, "but I'm not hurt! They beat me, but I don't feel it! When will I wake up so I can find another drink?"

Based on the above, I can only assume that you're AGAINST marijuana legalization.

Off to the gym (for real this time).

drbrumley

Based on the above, I can only assume that you're AGAINST marijuana legalization.

Actually, like I have told you before, I wish drugs didn't exist. But they do. And my point of contention with you is you revile recreational drugs and REFUSE to say alcohol isn't the same thing. And alcohol should remain legal. Your a hypocrite on this subject. You have no basis to exclude one from the other.

aCultureWarrior

BANNED
Banned
LIFETIME MEMBER
Actually, like I have told you before, I wish drugs didn't exist. But they do. And my point of contention with you is you revile recreational drugs and REFUSE to say alcohol isn't the same thing. And alcohol should remain legal. Your a hypocrite on this subject. You have no basis to exclude one from the other.

Then I'll ask the same questions that I asked your fellow Libertarians Eran and Tom:

1) Does your place of employment have a pre employment drug test, and a policy once you're employed prohibiting recreational drug use?

2) Does your place of employment allow tobacco products to be used while on a break?

3). Does your place of employment allow you to consume an alcoholic beverage the night before you report for work, as long as you don't report to work in a condition that would be deemed as intoxicated?

Really, I need to get to the gym.