ECT MADists don't follow Paul

Danoh

Context?

Here?

Do you have an explanation why the Epistle to the Hebrews would be supposedly out of context to all members of TOL?

Does the "context" of TOL beliefs, find some kind of license that allows them to omit or take away from Holy Scripture?

Where does the SofF of TOL eliminate the Epistle to the Hebrews as not being part of God's inspired Word?

Say it uhgin!

Epistle to the Hebrews...

Say it uhgin!

Epistle to the Hebrews...

A pistol to the who?

The, the, the Hee Broos.

The who what?

The Hee Broos.

Not mah mail; not mah mail - eye's Eye Taly Uhn - won uh them there wuht chuh ma call its - a Gen Tile fella.

Say it uhgin!

Epistle to the Hebrews..

Right Divider

Body part
Context?

Here?

Do you have an explanation why the Epistle to the Hebrews would be supposedly out of context to all members of TOL?

Does the "context" of TOL beliefs, find some kind of license that allows them to omit or take away from Holy Scripture?

Where does the SofF of TOL eliminate the Epistle to the Hebrews as not being part of God's inspired Word?
Nang, I understand that you are "thrown to and fro by every wind of doctrine", but the body of Christ is NOT Israel, nor "spiritual Israel" as you have no idea what the really means.

Good luck with your "spiritual growth".

Danoh

Nang, I understand that you are "thrown to and fro by every wind of doctrine", but the body of Christ is NOT Israel, nor "spiritual Israel" as you have no idea what the really means.

RD, are you familiar with Jordan's "Time Past, But Now, Ages to Come" Mid-Acts trifold chart?

Where, when you fold one part over it hides the Mystery (Romans thru Philemon) so that Early Acts flows right into Hebrews thru Revelation?

I ran accross a writing from about the 4th or 5th century that reads alot like his chart when folded to hide the Mystery.

Of course, its writer thinks he is writing about the so called "spiritual Israel."

Its amazing how long men have been confused about this issue.

Right Divider

Body part
Context?

Here?
Not at all surprised that you don't know.

What the "members of TOL" believe is irrelevant to what God is currently doing.

Like far too many, since you cannot understand to context of what God is doing TODAY, you end up saying silly things like this.

It is SOOOOOO tiring to have to repeat this again and again. ALL of God's Word is inspired and VALUABLE for LEARNING but not always for CURRENT application.

Why is it SOOOOO hard for you to understand this?

You are NOT a Hebrew (not even a "spiritual" one), therefore the doctrine in that book is not DIRECTLY applicable to YOU!

You should JOIN the body of Christ, where you belong TODAY!

Nang

TOL Subscriber
What the "members of TOL" believe is irrelevant to what God is currently doing.

TOL is supposedly a Christian website, and its members are, by and large, agreeable to TOL's Statement of Faith. For you to say that what God is currently "doing" is irrelevant to TOL beliefs, sounds anti-TOL to me.

I wonder what Knight and the Mod's think about your declaration?

Like far too many, since you cannot understand to context of what God is doing TODAY, you end up saying silly things like this.

It is SOOOOOO tiring to have to repeat this again and again. ALL of God's Word is inspired and VALUABLE for LEARNING but not always for CURRENT application.

Why is it SOOOOO hard for you to understand this?

You are NOT a Hebrew (not even a "spiritual" one), therefore the doctrine in that book is not DIRECTLY applicable to YOU!

You should JOIN the body of Christ, where you belong TODAY!

How you think to make distinction between the Body of Christ, and His Priesthood as revealed in the Epistle to the Hebrews, is beyond me.

Could it be you MADists have invented an imaginary Dispensational context that is actually contrary to, and in denial of the Holy Scriptures? :shocked:

Last edited:

Sherman

I identify as a Christian
Staff member
Administrator
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
There is one God, the Father, the Almighty, maker of heaven and earth, of all that is, seen and unseen.

There is one Lord, Jesus Christ, the only Son of God, eternally begotten of the Father, true God from true God, begotten, not made, of one Being with the Father.....

Follow the link and read the entire thing and you'll find it actually casts a pretty big tent when it comes to denominations. It doesn't really say anything about MAD, Open Theism or on the other end of the spectrum-- Calvinism. That was purposely left out. It only addresses the important doctrines that define what a Christian is.

I am not one that likes to toss out parts of the Bible. I am going to be honest with you. All of scripture is good for learning and reproof. I still study the Old Testament to learn the history and some life lessons. Proverbs is chock full of wisdom that is still applicable today.

Sherman

I identify as a Christian
Staff member
Administrator
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I am no theological expert, but I would take such a statement to mean the Mosaic laws such as the sacrificial system. We don't need the sacrificial system because we now Have Jesus as our substitutionary sacrifice when He died on the cross and took away our sins.

Interplanner

And you have no idea what Eph 2-3 is saying and may not realize it is not an aberration. It is the same as Col (it is the long form of Col), Romans, Galatians.

There are plenty of universally-applicable truths in Hebrews; there are a few things like the warning about their land being toast that are just to them, but the victory over death, the reign of Christ, the atonement, the new covenant, the Jerusalem that is above, all that is for all peoples. Stop chopping up the Bible so that D'ism makes sense. Start chopping up D'ism since the Bible already makes sense.

Right Divider

Body part
TOL is supposedly a Christian website, and its members are, by and large, agreeable to TOL's Statement of Faith. For you to say that what God is currently "doing" is irrelevant to TOL beliefs, sounds anti-TOL to me.

I wonder what Knight and the Mod's think about your declaration?
Nang, you completely missed the point (as usual).

My point was that the CONTEXT of a scripture is NOT determined by public opinion. So the opinions of the "members of TOL" do not determine what is true in that regard.

How you think to make distinction between the Body of Christ, and His Priesthood as revealed in the Epistle to the Hebrews, is beyond me.
Because SCRIPTURE makes the distinction quite CLEAR that the epistle to the HEBREWS is to the HEBREWS. If the body of Christ had a priesthood, Paul would have mentioned it AT LEAST ONCE. But instead Paul, in his THIRTEEN epistles, never once even uses the word. This would be easy to see if you weren't so blinded by your preferred doctrines.

Could it be you MADists have invented an imaginary Dispensational context that is actually contrary to, and in denial of the Holy Scriptures? :shocked:
No, Nang .... it "could not be". Trying to flip it around without any evidence whatsoever is a completely transparent piece of rhetoric that we can all see for what it is, worthless.

Please start a new thread so that you can expound upon why Paul NEVER tells us about this priesthood of the body of Christ (Your first clue is that the priesthood belongs to Israel).

Interplanner

I Cor 12:13.
Eph 5:23.
Just to mention a few.

D'ists are too busy with 'systems' to care to be true to the text. Theirs and those they fight.

I Cor 10:17

On the new priestood: I Cor 5:7
2 Cor 2:14--priesthood/sacrificial system imagery
2 Cor 3:9. We are in a ministry that is analagous to the old.
Eph 3:12. Approach is a Levitical priesthood term.

The body
Col 1:18.
Col 3:15 (both). Priests had to arbitrate conflicts. "Rule in your hearts" is that kind of arbitration. In other words, the body together in the mission of God acts as the priest did in the past.

The only thing I can say is that D'ism has a mentality like many of the cults from the 1800s when it was born. There are these stronghold systems that just don't accept several scriptures and instead just work out a contradictory system to clunk along with.

It is so easy to fault JWs for what they do with Jn 1 but not see these errors which are pretty much everywhere. I happen to think that Zionists caught wind of the mistakes of D'ism and exploited them to reinforce their beliefs about modern Israel down to today where it has created a tour industry. It's good to get archeological background, but the theology is goofy.

Right Divider

Body part
And you have no idea what Eph 2-3 is saying and may not realize it is not an aberration. It is the same as Col (it is the long form of Col), Romans, Galatians.
I'd say that it is you that has the wrong understanding.

So, once again: What is "Eph 2B-3A"?

Eph 2:11-13 (AKJV/PCE)
(2:11) Wherefore remember, that ye [being] in time past Gentiles in the flesh, who are called Uncircumcision by that which is called the Circumcision in the flesh made by hands; (2:12) That at that time ye were without Christ, being aliens from the commonwealth of Israel, and strangers from the covenants of promise, having no hope, and without God in the world: (2:13) But now in Christ Jesus ye who sometimes were far off are made nigh by the blood of Christ.

NOTE: by the BLOOD and NOT by the covenant.

There are plenty of universally-applicable truths in Hebrews;
I have never denied this and have pointed it out myself. There are some universally applicable truths in ALL of the scripture. That does NOT mean that every word in every book is written in a DIRECTLY applicable manner to everyone that has ever lived.

The fact that you can read books like Hebrews or Revelation and not see that they are completely saturated with Israeli doctrines is a clear sign of spiritual blindness.

there are a few things like the warning about their land being toast that are just to them, but the victory over death, the reign of Christ, the atonement, the new covenant, the Jerusalem that is above, all that is for all peoples.
No, my poor confused IP, the new covenant is between the SAME TWO PARTIES as the old one was. It is a REPLACEMENT of the TERMS of the covenant.

Scripture is clear, but you refuse it.
Jer 31:31-34 (AKJV/PCE)
(31:31) ¶ Behold, the days come, saith the LORD, that I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel, and with the house of Judah: (31:32) Not according to the covenant that I made with their fathers in the day [that] I took them by the hand to bring them out of the land of Egypt; which my covenant they brake, although I was an husband unto them, saith the LORD: (31:33) But this [shall be] the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel; After those days, saith the LORD, I will put my law in their inward parts, and write it in their hearts; and will be their God, and they shall be my people. (31:34) And they shall teach no more every man his neighbour, and every man his brother, saying, Know the LORD: for they shall all know me, from the least of them unto the greatest of them, saith the LORD: for I will forgive their iniquity, and I will remember their sin no more.

Stop chopping up the Bible so that D'ism makes sense. Start chopping up D'ism since the Bible already makes sense.
Stop putting the Bible in a blender and making a complete mess out of it.

Right Divider

Body part
I Cor 12:13.
Eph 5:23.
Just to mention a few.

D'ists are too busy with 'systems' to care to be true to the text. Theirs and those they fight.

I Cor 10:17

On the new priestood: I Cor 5:7
2 Cor 2:14--priesthood/sacrificial system imagery
2 Cor 3:9. We are in a ministry that is analagous to the old.
Eph 3:12. Approach is a Levitical priesthood term.

The body
Col 1:18.
Col 3:15 (both). Priests had to arbitrate conflicts. "Rule in your hearts" is that kind of arbitration. In other words, the body together in the mission of God acts as the priest did in the past.

The only thing I can say is that D'ism has a mentality like many of the cults from the 1800s when it was born. There are these stronghold systems that just don't accept several scriptures and instead just work out a contradictory system to clunk along with.

It is so easy to fault JWs for what they do with Jn 1 but not see these errors which are pretty much everywhere. I happen to think that Zionists caught wind of the mistakes of D'ism and exploited them to reinforce their beliefs about modern Israel down to today where it has created a tour industry. It's good to get archeological background, but the theology is goofy.
You're very good at false accusations and Bible twisting. The body of Christ is NOT a priesthood no matter how you try to make it so.

The ONE BODY that is referred to in Paul's writing is a body that is NOT ISRAEL. The fact that you keep using this as a justification that all believers ARE ISRAEL shows just how twisted your doctrines are.

Everything you said up there is RIDICULOUS and shows what a RIDICULOUS twist and STRETCH you have to pull to TRY to justify your RIDICULOUS doctrines!

Honestly, this post is one your LOWEST STOOPS yet.