ECT MADist thought for the day

Status
Not open for further replies.

One In Christ

Romans 8:1
There is therefore now no condemnation to those who are in Christ Jesus, who do not walk according to the flesh, but according to the Spirit.

Where I agree with you and the mads is that we shouldn't be focussing on sin. The more you focus on sin, the more you'll be drawn to it.
Jimmy Swaggart used to focus a lot of attention preaching against the sin of adultery, and later he himself committed adultery. People who focus a lot on sin usually do so because they do not want to accept they are dealing with temptation instead of simply focussing on who the are in Christ. You cannot be tempted by what you don't think about.
I believe that God never imputes sin to us, so there can never be condemnation. If I went out and committed adultery tonight, it wouldn't make the slightest difference to who I am in Christ, but at the same time I would feel ashamed for doing what I know is wrong.
As Christians we should never try to remove the shame from as a result of sin, otherwise we will be seen to be justifying what we know is wrong.

I agree, but

Feeling shame for sin is doing what?

One In Christ

Guilt and shame that are the result of sin are reason for repentance.

Yes but,

Rom 6:6 KJV - Knowing this, that our old man is crucified with [him], that the body of sin might be destroyed, that henceforth we should not serve sin.
Rom 6:7 KJV - For he that is dead is freed from sin.

We are freed from sin. This is not to say we stop sinning, or that we should feel guilt for sin, but we are "freed!" from sin.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Yes but,

Rom 6:6 KJV - Knowing this, that our old man is crucified with [him], that the body of sin might be destroyed, that henceforth we should not serve sin.
Rom 6:7 KJV - For he that is dead is freed from sin.

We are freed from sin. This is not to say we stop sinning, or that we should feel guilt for sin, but we are "freed!" from sin.
What I am combatting with you is the idea that we should not feel guilt for sin. This is how people continue on in sin, thinking everything is okay.

andyc

I understand sanctification. Why do you bring it up? We are talking about justification.

Justification is a work of God alone. There's nothing to discuss. In spirit we are perfect and accepted by God solely on the basis of faith alone. Sanctification is a process where we become more and more Christlike in our conduct the more we yield.

Status
Not open for further replies.