ECT Madist explain please how the 7 I AM's OF Jesus in John does not apply to the BOC

Danoh

That is what they post regularly ! Are they lying ?

What a person writes or posts and what they mean by it are not necessarily the same.

If you have ever been around anyone for a time, you'll have had moments wherein you found yourself concluding one thing about what they said, only to find yourself having to say at some later point "I'm sorry; I'd thought you'd meant such and so..."

Well, it's the same with assertions of Scripture and or the assertions of each person posting their understandings on forums.

In fact, as far as I am concerned, asserting "well, it means what it says" is as much a sure way (as a principle by itself) for getting a thing wrong, as it is for getting a thing right.

Fact is, other principles are involved.

Just as in the above scenario I just made use of. It is often far wiser to ask "well, what do you mean by that?" than it is to assume one has rightly understood another's assertion.

Of course, such a question often leads the incompetent on the other side of the equation to lose patience with one.

Nevertheless, the better part of wisdom is to ask anyway...

Acts 17:2 And Paul, as his manner was, went in unto them, and three sabbath days reasoned with them out of the scriptures,

17:11 These were more noble than those in Thessalonica, in that they received the word with all readiness of mind, and searched the scriptures daily, whether those things were so. 17:12 Therefore many of them believed; also of honourable women which were Greeks, and of men, not a few.

1- All readiness, or openness of mind...to receiving a thing...

2- Followed by searching the Scriptures...

3- That one might then only therefore...believe.

Right Divider

Body part
Why do YOU IGNORE John 3:16 and all of Jesus' teachings where HE taught the Gospel. Oh wait, I know why His teachings destroys the lie off MAD.
I don't ignore it, I understand it.

I have placed my faith in Jesus NOT Paul.

Lat time I read my bible Jesus lived a sinless life NOT Paul.

Jesus was sent by the Father as a sacrifice for my sins NOT Paul.

Jesus was crucified NOT Paul.

Jesus arose after 3 days in the tomb NOT Paul.

Jesus ascended into Heaven NOT Paul.

Jesus is returning for His bride NOT Paul who also trusted and followed Jesus.
You really hate Paul.

You are railing against a phantom and using it to tell lies about others.
You need to grow up and learn what MAD really teaches instead of continuing with your childish rants against what we DON"T believe.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
Legal Fiction- an assertion accepted as true, though probably fictitious, to achieve a particular goal

It is something MADism is very guilty of, with the goal of 'easy believism' and a 'rapture'.

There's been an ongoing issue since after the Late Ages- from about 1700's on- in which Christianity has been barraged with myriads of sects all coming to conclusions of the scriptures which either benefit them or beset everyone else.

Such as Calvinism, which is more "Cult-like" than anything else. Add to that Catholicism.

Danoh

Danoh, can you honestly read John 3:16 and not see the Gospel ?

The very first word "For" should tell you that He is continuing a thought; that that passage has more behind it as to its' overall intended sense than that passage alone only appears to be asserting by itself.

That is basic Reading Comprehension 101.

How that words, like "for" "for this cause" "therefore" and so on, all mean there is more to the one passage than what said passage appears to be asserting by itself.

dodge

I don't ignore it, I understand it.

You really hate Paul.

You are railing against a phantom and using it to tell lies about others.
You need to grow up and learn what MAD really teaches instead of continuing with your childish rants against what we DON"T believe.

I do NOT hate Paul ! What I do hate is how some ignore everyone except Paul to distort scripture. BIG difference.

Danoh

:chuckle:

He did not fail. He chose Paul to fill up his sufferings and to fill up the word.
THAT IS what the passage says. And I believe it.

STP and I do not always see eye to eye on all things, but I suspect that in this one we might...

What he is asserting about his understanding of Paul's assertions about his sufferings for the Church's sake is similar to what happened to Israel's prophets; the Twelve; and their followers, during their sufferings at Israel's hands....for Israel's sake...

Acts 7:51 Ye stiffnecked and uncircumcised in heart and ears, ye do always resist the Holy Ghost: as your fathers did, so do ye. 7:52 Which of the prophets have not your fathers persecuted? and they have slain them which shewed before of the coming of the Just One; of whom ye have been now the betrayers and murderers: 7:53 Who have received the law by the disposition of angels, and have not kept it. 7:54 When they heard these things, they were cut to the heart, and they gnashed on him with their teeth.

7:57 Then they cried out with a loud voice, and stopped their ears, and ran upon him with one accord, 7:58 And cast him out of the city, and stoned him: and the witnesses laid down their clothes at a young man's feet, whose name was Saul. 7:59 And they stoned Stephen, calling upon God, and saying, Lord Jesus, receive my spirit. 7:60 And he kneeled down, and cried with a loud voice, Lord, lay not this sin to their charge. And when he had said this, he fell asleep.

Again, dodge...you...are reacting from what...you...are reading...into...what one or another Madist...is asserting.

SaulToPaul 2

STP and I do not always see eye to eye on all things, but I suspect that in this one we might...

What he is asserting about his understanding of Paul's assertions about his sufferings for the Church's sake is similar to what happened to Israel's prophets; the Twelve; and their followers, during their sufferings at Israel's hands....for Israel's sake...

Acts 7:51 Ye stiffnecked and uncircumcised in heart and ears, ye do always resist the Holy Ghost: as your fathers did, so do ye. 7:52 Which of the prophets have not your fathers persecuted? and they have slain them which shewed before of the coming of the Just One; of whom ye have been now the betrayers and murderers: 7:53 Who have received the law by the disposition of angels, and have not kept it. 7:54 When they heard these things, they were cut to the heart, and they gnashed on him with their teeth.

7:57 Then they cried out with a loud voice, and stopped their ears, and ran upon him with one accord, 7:58 And cast him out of the city, and stoned him: and the witnesses laid down their clothes at a young man's feet, whose name was Saul. 7:59 And they stoned Stephen, calling upon God, and saying, Lord Jesus, receive my spirit. 7:60 And he kneeled down, and cried with a loud voice, Lord, lay not this sin to their charge. And when he had said this, he fell asleep.

Again, dodge...you...are reacting from what...you...are reading...into...what one or another Madist...is asserting.

The preaching of Jesus Christ according to the revelation of the mystery, Paul was indeed the LORDS chosen vessel to endure the suffering required to get this message out. And, in that way, he filled up the afflictions of Christ.

Danoh

The preaching of Jesus Christ according to the revelation of the mystery, Paul was indeed the LORDS chosen vessel to endure the suffering required to get this message out. And, in that way, he filled up the afflictions of Christ.

Agreed. :thumb:

But I was attempting to shed further light - through examples from Israel's Prophet's sufferings on behalf of those they had ministered to - on the legitimacy of our assertion as to what those sufferings were that Paul is talking about - how that there is precedent in Scripture for Paul's type of sufferings that in no way negate the Lord's sufferings alone:)

dodge

You do know most of the Apostles were killed for preaching the Gospel right ?

Apostle

Where died

When died

Manner of Death

Peter (Simon Peter),
Bible writer Rome, Italy
(Nero) 64-67AD Homicide:
crucified head down,
at his own request
Andrew,
son of a John & brother of Peter (Matthew 4:18) Edessa, Petras region of Greece ?AD Homicide:
severely scourged & tied by ropes on x-shaped cross where he hung 2 days to expire & this gave rise to the St. Andrews cross on the national flag of Scotland
James,
son of Zebedee & Salome and elder brother of John (not brother of Jesus) the Bible writer Jerusalem, Israel
(Herod Agrippa, grandson of Herod the Great) 44 AD
(the 1st martyred) Homicide:
beheaded with sword; Mark 10:39 & Acts 12:1-2
John,
son of Zebedee and brother of James;
Bible writer (John & Revelation) Ephesus, Turkey
98-100 AD (the last to die) thrown in boiling oil but unharmed; died of Natural causes ( the only apostle not martyred) & buried near Ephesus about 100AD
Philip of Bethsaida Hieropolis, Syria Homicide:
crucified or hung upside down by hooks through his ankles
Bartholomew (Nathaniel) India or
Armenia Homicide:
beaten/flayed (skinned alive), and crucified head down or beheaded
Thomas (Didymus) Edessa, Greece or Madras, India Homicide:
lanced by
idolatrous priests & burned up in an oven
Matthew (Levi), a customs house official (tax collector) of Capernaum;
the Bible writer Nadabah, Ethiopia about 60AD Homicide:
axed to death with a halberd
James the Just (son of Alphaeus);
Bible writer (? half brother of Jesus?); leader of The Way in Jerusalem after Jesus' death Jerusalem, Israel AD66 High priest sentencing: on trumped up charges of violating Jewish law; thrown down from the Temple tower & not dead so clubbed to death with a fullers club; immediately buried in a trench grave with stone marker (so there would not be an ossuary)
Jude (Thaddaeus...Judas Lebbaeus) Edessa, Greece AD72 Homicide:
crucified
Simon the Zealot
(the Canaanite) Brittainnia, Europe or Persia Homicide:
crucified or sawed in half
Judas Iscariot (the only original apostle not from Galilee; he was from Carioth in Moab east of the Dead Sea) was chosen as an original apostle [Jeremiah 48:24-26] and later declared by Jesus as a devil & committed suicide after his kiss of identification of Jesus to the Roman soldiers; thus, he was not sent on the Apostolic Dispersion for the Great Commission after the resurrection of Jesus. Jerusalem, Israel about AD 30-33 Suicide:
by hanging Matt. 27:5
Matthias (the 11 remaining Apostles chose him to replace Judas) Jerusalem, Israel Homicide:
stoned and beheaded
Paul (chosen by the resurrected Jesus on the road to Damascus) Rome, Italy 66 AD Homicide:
beheaded

dodge

How many time will you repeat this LIE?

You should become a believer so that the Spirit of God can guide to you telling the truth instead of your habitually lying.

FYI, I trusted and placed my faith in Jesus in 1978 ! No way the Spirit of God led many to trust Paul over and above Jesus and all the other Apostles. That Spirit is NOT of God.