ECT Madist explain please how the 7 I AM's OF Jesus in John does not apply to the BOC

Interplanner

Jer 31:31-34 (AKJV/PCE)
(31:31) ¶ Behold, the days come, saith the LORD, that I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel, and with the house of Judah: (31:32) Not according to the covenant that I made with their fathers in the day [that] I took them by the hand to bring them out of the land of Egypt; which my covenant they brake, although I was an husband unto them, saith the LORD: (31:33) But this [shall be] the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel; After those days, saith the LORD, I will put my law in their inward parts, and write it in their hearts; and will be their God, and they shall be my people. (31:34) And they shall teach no more every man his neighbour, and every man his brother, saying, Know the LORD: for they shall all know me, from the least of them unto the greatest of them, saith the LORD: for I will forgive their iniquity, and I will remember their sin no more.

Just read it and believe it. It's plain; it's clear; it's unambiguous; it stands.

But you're reading it apart from and at odds with the NT. doesn't that mean anything? What you think it means and what the NT is saying is very different. "The time is coming and is now here." Jn 4.

DAN P

(31:31) ¶ Behold, the days come, saith the LORD, that I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel, and with the house of Judah: (31:32) Not according to the covenant that I made with their fathers in the day [that] I took them by the hand to bring them out of the land of Egypt; which my covenant they brake, although I was an husband unto them, saith the LORD: (31:33) But this [shall be] the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel; After those days, saith the LORD, I will put my law in their inward parts, and write it in their hearts; and will be their God, and they shall be my people. (31:34) And they shall teach no more every man his neighbour, and every man his brother, saying, Know the LORD: for they shall all know me, from the least of them unto the greatest of them, saith the LORD: for I will forgive their iniquity, and I will remember their sin no more.

Just read it and believe it. It's plain; it's clear; it's unambiguous; it stands.

Hi Right Divider and you killed them as they will never believe what you wrote and want to HORN in on Israels blessing and be KINGS and PRIESTS as will be Israel as written in Rev 1:6 and in Ex 19:6 BUT they will never crash that PARTY !!

dan p

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hi Right Divider and you killed them as they will never believe what you wrote and want to HORN in on Israels blessing and be KINGS and PRIESTS as will be Israel as written in Rev 1:6 and in Ex 19:6 BUT they will never crash that PARTY !!

dan p

You have the wrong Israel in your mind.

Gal 3:28 There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither bond nor free, there is neither male nor female: for ye are all one in Christ Jesus.
Gal 3:29 And if ye be Christ's, then are ye Abraham's seed, and heirs according to the promise.

Eph 2:11 Wherefore remember, that ye being in time past Gentiles in the flesh, who are called Uncircumcision by that which is called the Circumcision in the flesh made by hands;
Eph 2:12 That at that time ye were without Christ, being aliens from the commonwealth of Israel, and strangers from the covenants of promise, having no hope, and without God in the world:
Eph 2:13 But now in Christ Jesus ye who sometimes were far off are made nigh by the blood of Christ.
Eph 2:14 For he is our peace, who hath made both one, and hath broken down the middle wall of partition between us;
Eph 2:15 Having abolished in his flesh the enmity, even the law of commandments contained in ordinances; for to make in himself of twain one new man, so making peace;
Eph 2:16 And that he might reconcile both unto God in one body by the cross, having slain the enmity thereby:
Eph 2:17 And came and preached peace to you which were afar off, and to them that were nigh.
Eph 2:18 For through him we both have access by one Spirit unto the Father.
Eph 2:19 Now therefore ye are no more strangers and foreigners, but fellowcitizens with the saints, and of the household of God;
Eph 2:20 And are built upon the foundation of the apostles and prophets, Jesus Christ himself being the chief corner stone;

1Pe 2:4 To whom coming, as unto a living stone, disallowed indeed of men, but chosen of God, and precious,
1Pe 2:5 Ye also, as lively stones, are built up a spiritual house, an holy priesthood, to offer up spiritual sacrifices, acceptable to God by Jesus Christ.
1Pe 2:6 Wherefore also it is contained in the scripture, Behold, I lay in Sion a chief corner stone, elect, precious: and he that believeth on him shall not be confounded.
1Pe 2:7 Unto you therefore which believe he is precious: but unto them which be disobedient, the stone which the builders disallowed, the same is made the head of the corner,
1Pe 2:8 And a stone of stumbling, and a rock of offence, even to them which stumble at the word, being disobedient: whereunto also they were appointed.
1Pe 2:9 But ye are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, an holy nation, a peculiar people; that ye should shew forth the praises of him who hath called you out of darkness into his marvellous light:
1Pe 2:10 Which in time past were not a people, but are now the people of God: which had not obtained mercy, but now have obtained mercy.

LA

Danoh

Nope.

There is only one...Israel of God...the spiritually born again physical sons of Jacob after the flesh...

John 1:11 He came unto his own, and his own received him not. 1:12 But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name: 1:13 Which were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of God. 1:14 And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth.

Who were these as many of His own who did receive Him?

Physical sons of Jacob who had believed on Him as to the above in the following manner...

1:40 One of the two which heard John speak, and followed him, was Andrew, Simon Peter's brother. 1:41 He first findeth his own brother Simon, and saith unto him, We have found the Messias, which is, being interpreted, the Christ. 1:45 Philip findeth Nathanael, and saith unto him, We have found him, of whom Moses in the law, and the prophets, did write, Jesus of Nazareth, the son of Joseph.

1:47 Jesus saw Nathanael coming to him, and saith of him, Behold an Israelite indeed, in whom is no guile! 1:48 Nathanael saith unto him, Whence knowest thou me? Jesus answered and said unto him, Before that Philip called thee, when thou wast under the fig tree, I saw thee. 1:49 Nathanael answered and saith unto him, Rabbi, thou art the Son of God; thou art the King of Israel.

And guess what promise to Israel by Covenant verse 50 refers to?

John 1:51 And he saith unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Hereafter ye shall see heaven open, and the angels of God ascending and descending upon the Son of man.

DAN P

You have the wrong Israel in your mind.

Gal 3:28 There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither bond nor free, there is neither male nor female: for ye are all one in Christ Jesus.
Gal 3:29 And if ye be Christ's, then are ye Abraham's seed, and heirs according to the promise.

Eph 2:11 Wherefore remember, that ye being in time past Gentiles in the flesh, who are called Uncircumcision by that which is called the Circumcision in the flesh made by hands;
Eph 2:12 That at that time ye were without Christ, being aliens from the commonwealth of Israel, and strangers from the covenants of promise, having no hope, and without God in the world:
Eph 2:13 But now in Christ Jesus ye who sometimes were far off are made nigh by the blood of Christ.
Eph 2:14 For he is our peace, who hath made both one, and hath broken down the middle wall of partition between us;
Eph 2:15 Having abolished in his flesh the enmity, even the law of commandments contained in ordinances; for to make in himself of twain one new man, so making peace;
Eph 2:16 And that he might reconcile both unto God in one body by the cross, having slain the enmity thereby:
Eph 2:17 And came and preached peace to you which were afar off, and to them that were nigh.
Eph 2:18 For through him we both have access by one Spirit unto the Father.
Eph 2:19 Now therefore ye are no more strangers and foreigners, but fellowcitizens with the saints, and of the household of God;
Eph 2:20 And are built upon the foundation of the apostles and prophets, Jesus Christ himself being the chief corner stone;

1Pe 2:4 To whom coming, as unto a living stone, disallowed indeed of men, but chosen of God, and precious,
1Pe 2:5 Ye also, as lively stones, are built up a spiritual house, an holy priesthood, to offer up spiritual sacrifices, acceptable to God by Jesus Christ.
1Pe 2:6 Wherefore also it is contained in the scripture, Behold, I lay in Sion a chief corner stone, elect, precious: and he that believeth on him shall not be confounded.
1Pe 2:7 Unto you therefore which believe he is precious: but unto them which be disobedient, the stone which the builders disallowed, the same is made the head of the corner,
1Pe 2:8 And a stone of stumbling, and a rock of offence, even to them which stumble at the word, being disobedient: whereunto also they were appointed.
1Pe 2:9 But ye are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, an holy nation, a peculiar people; that ye should shew forth the praises of him who hath called you out of darkness into his marvellous light:
1Pe 2:10 Which in time past were not a people, but are now the people of God: which had not obtained mercy, but now have obtained mercy.

LA

Hi and the Jews that saved by Grace by Paul's gospel are never Jews again But become NEW MAN in Christ !!

dan p

Right Divider

Body part
But you're reading it apart from and at odds with the NT. doesn't that mean anything? What you think it means and what the NT is saying is very different. "The time is coming and is now here." Jn 4.
  • The new covenant is described CLEARLY and UNAMBIGUOUSLY in Jeremiah 31 as being with the houses of ISRAEL and JUDAH (and actually Israel (Jer 31:33), as they will be rejoined Ezek 37:19).
  • Hebrews 8:8-12 CONFIRMS Jeremiah 31
  • John 4 is not new covenant material (and you're out of context, again)
  • You have proven, on numerous occasions, that you prefer to try to force meaning on the scripture instead of believing what it CLEARLY says.

Interplanner

• The new covenant is described CLEARLY and UNAMBIGUOUSLY in Jeremiah 31 as being with the houses of ISRAEL and JUDAH (and actually Israel (Jer 31:33), as they will be rejoined Ezek 37:19).
  • Hebrews 8:8-12 CONFIRMS Jeremiah 31
  • John 4 is not new covenant material (and you're out of context, again)
  • You have proven, on numerous occasions, that you prefer to try to force meaning on the scripture instead of believing what it CLEARLY says.

Except that you have forced Heb 8 to mean something it does not. it is not futurist. It is current. The Lord Our Righteousness is now. There is nothing wrong with the use of Jn 4 unless you are 2P2P which is a sickness. The idea of changing the new covenant into an intra-Hebrew event is worthless. What was coming is now here; so be sure to adjust your huge understanding of all prophecy and scripture to what Christ said. This was not the only time he used that expression either; it was not a fluke.

Your comments are very easily undone.

Right Divider

Body part
Except that you have forced Heb 8 to mean something it does not. it is not futurist. It is current. The Lord Our Righteousness is now. There is nothing wrong with the use of Jn 4 unless you are 2P2P which is a sickness. The idea of changing the new covenant into an intra-Hebrew event is worthless. What was coming is now here; so be sure to adjust your huge understanding of all prophecy and scripture to what Christ said. This was not the only time he used that expression either; it was not a fluke.

Your comments are very easily undone.
  • You continue to reject Jeremiah 31
  • I do NOT believe in 2P2P
  • You also reject Hebrews 2:8
  • Do you still think that 'restful/peaceful' means TOXIC?

Interplanner

So he's a PP/PF. Partial Preterist/Partial Futurist.

As far as that goes all believers are; no one is a total past tense nor total future. The question is not about these categories. it is about whether there is a separate program for Israel, which some believe was offered during the gospel accounts (which a phantom belief). In order to see this program happen, there are a large number of futurists who think it is all future.

It pretty much matches the treatment of the Rev, but not exactly.

Interplanner

• You continue to reject Jeremiah 31
  • I do NOT believe in 2P2P
  • You also reject Hebrews 2:8
  • Do you still think that 'restful/peaceful' means TOXIC?

I reject most of RD posted materials. Pretty much all bogus.

You are full of 2P2P. it means, as Ryrie said, that the Bible has a fundamental doctrine in which there is a separate program/salvation/location/institutions for Israel. 2 programs, 2 peoples. "Dividing" the bible is a matter of sorting all the NT in to boxes for these.

I affirm Heb 2:8. I'm not sure you affirm the first line of it. That is the question. Ps 2 is the coronation of Christ as the Davidic king for his work in securing justification for sinners. That is what Acts 13 is saying. That is why Ps 2 is quoted so often.

Ancient and modern middle east shepherds lead their animals past toxic water. If it is moving and safe, that's fine. If it is a flash flood, not so much. Toxic water problems in deserts exist all over the world.

Amos 9 was not canceled, it is fulfilled in Christ and those in him. That is how Acts 15 is using it but of course if you are 2P2P you are so much smarter than any quote by the NT of the OT.

dodge

You really have no clue do you !

Rom 2:28
For he is not a Jew, which is one outwardly; neither is that circumcision, which is outward in the flesh.

Rom 2:29
But he is a Jew, which is one inwardly; and circumcision is that of the heart, in the spirit, and not in the letter; whose praise is not of men, but of God.

Danoh

Future Preterist: things have be will done shall been taken/taking place, formerly yet in the past future tense already. Maybe. Can't be literal about these things. Consult Holford for details, Vol. Q-38b.

:chuckle:

I am Interplanner....

Unimatrix 1P of Matthew 24b...

We are...the Boring...

Resistence is futile...you will...be...assimilated.

One size...fits all.