ECT "Lordship 'Salvation'"-perverting the gospel of Christ

Derf

Colossians 2:13, cf Romans 8:1.

Why do you want to retain sins which Christ bore for all?

I don't understand your question. What about my post suggested I wanted to retain any sins?

Or maybe I should ask another way. What about 1 John 1:9 suggests that John wanted to retain any sins?

musterion

I don't understand your question. What about my post suggested I wanted to retain any sins?

If you've believed the Gospel of grace, then the one who sins is counted by God as crucified, and you are likewise counted as alive in Christ forevermore, as one from the dead with sin left behind. All trespasses are already forgiven in Him. No need, then, would there be to practice 1 Jn 1:9; if the sin is counted as gone, then the need to confess sins that are are already all forgiven is also gone. Remember: John said they're forgiven IF they're confessed. Paul said they're already gone.

Or maybe I should ask another way. What about 1 John 1:9 suggests that John wanted to retain any sins?

Question wasn't about John. It was about you.

Derf

Translated: The Lord Jesus Christ did not die for our sins, and forgive us all trespasses, and was not judged in our place.

Sssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss...................

"you CAN give your life to Christ."-dirty Derf satanic plagiarizer.

Read:"Exclusively Christian Theology"

You and your wolfpack are not wanted here, wolfie.

You're getting repetitious. Obviously you've run out of anything intelligent to say. I guess you don't include 1 John in the canon. Is that how it works? You leave out scriptures you don't agree with, ascribe them to Satan, and call it "Christian Theology"?

Derf

If you've believed the Gospel of grace, then the one who sins is counted by God as crucified, and you are likewise counted as alive in Christ forevermore, as one from the dead. All trespasses are already forgiven in Him. No need, then, would there be to practice 1 Jn 1:9; if the sin is counted as gone, then the need to confess sins that are are already all forgiven is also gone.

Question wasn't about John. It was about you.

I was quoting John. (not john w). So it was about John.

Derf

If you've believed the Gospel of grace, then the one who sins is counted by God as crucified, and you are likewise counted as alive in Christ forevermore, as one from the dead with sin left behind. All trespasses are already forgiven in Him. No need, then, would there be to practice 1 Jn 1:9; if the sin is counted as gone, then the need to confess sins that are are already all forgiven is also gone. Remember: John said they're forgiven IF they're confessed. Paul said they're already gone.
So who was John (not john w) writing to, if not someone in the body of Christ? Were John and Paul in disagreement?

God's Truth

Just so everyone knows, Serpent is a follower of Calvin, and so is a heretic, as for the reasons of many denominations.

God's Truth

So who was John (not john w) writing to, if not someone in the body of Christ? Were John and Paul in disagreement?

Can you believe it? Muserion teaches that Paul goes against the teachings of Jesus Christ, the teachings of Jesus while on earth. Musterion's teachings mean Jesus' words stopped being life, and was never life for Gentiles and the rest of the world.

Nihilo

BANNED
Banned
I know who you quoted but it's still about you.

Do you believe you are counted by God as having been forgiven all trespasses in Christ, or not?
Not for nothing, but the Reformation was sparked in part by Martin Luther's anger about the Church selling what are known as "plenary" indulgences. A plenary indulgence is forgiveness from all sins.

So it's the Reformers who had a problem with 1st Corinthians 15:3, historically speaking; not the Catholics.