Lord, Lord, Didn't We?...

NickCharles

Lord, Lord, Didn't We?...

Mr. Pate has stated and verified that he believes every time John used the word "world", it means every person who has ever lived. So I brought up this passage

Love not the world, neither the things that are in the world. If any man love the world, the love of the Father is not in him. For all that is in the world, the lust of the flesh, and the lust of the eyes, and the pride of life, is not of the Father, but is of the world. And the world passeth away, and the lust thereof: but he that doeth the will of God abideth for ever.”
**1 John‬ *2:15-17‬ *KJV‬

and asked how he understands it in light of his narrow definition. He refused to answer, but instead issued a common insult when he knows he cannot answer and support his theology. So I thought I'd help and examine this passage in light of his narrow definition.

Love not all the people who ever lived, neither the things that are in all the people who ever lived. If any man love all the people who ever lived, the love of the Father is not in him. For all that is in all the people who ever lived, the lust of the flesh, and the lust of the eyes, and the pride of life, is not of the Father, but is of all the people who ever lived. And all the people who ever lived passeth away, and the lust thereof: but he that doeth the will of God abideth for ever.”
**1 John‬ *2:15-17‬ *RPV‬

I hope this demonstrates that "world" has multiple definitions.

Robert Pate

Banned
Mr. Pate has stated and verified that he believes every time John used the word "world", it means every person who has ever lived. So I brought up this passage

Love not the world, neither the things that are in the world. If any man love the world, the love of the Father is not in him. For all that is in the world, the lust of the flesh, and the lust of the eyes, and the pride of life, is not of the Father, but is of the world. And the world passeth away, and the lust thereof: but he that doeth the will of God abideth for ever.”
**1 John‬ *2:15-17‬ *KJV‬

and asked how he understands it in light of his narrow definition. He refused to answer, but instead issued a common insult when he knows he cannot answer and support his theology. So I thought I'd help and examine this passage in light of his narrow definition.

Love not all the people who ever lived, neither the things that are in all the people who ever lived. If any man love all the people who ever lived, the love of the Father is not in him. For all that is in all the people who ever lived, the lust of the flesh, and the lust of the eyes, and the pride of life, is not of the Father, but is of all the people who ever lived. And all the people who ever lived passeth away, and the lust thereof: but he that doeth the will of God abideth for ever.”
**1 John‬ *2:15-17‬ *RPV‬

I hope this demonstrates that "world" has multiple definitions.

You don't understand how Jesus is the savior of the WHOLE WORLD.

When God accepted Jesus into heaven that was the redemption of the whole world.

God sees ALL THINGS in his Son Jesus Christ. As far as God is concerned sin, death and the devil have been abolished.

This is the age of grace and faith. Because Jesus was victorious over sin, death and the devil, Colossians 2:15. Now all who do nothing more than call upon the name of the Lord can be saved, Romans 10:13.

The entrance to heaven is now wide open to all who want to be saved.

NickCharles

You don't understand how Jesus is the savior of the WHOLE WORLD.

When God accepted Jesus into heaven that was the redemption of the whole world.

God sees ALL THINGS in his Son Jesus Christ. As far as God is concerned sin, death and the devil have been abolished.

This is the age of grace and faith. Because Jesus was victorious over sin, death and the devil, Colossians 2:15. Now all who do nothing more than call upon the name of the Lord can be saved, Romans 10:13.

The entrance to heaven is now wide open to all who want to be saved.

Will you admit that John uses the word "world" in more than one way?

Robert Pate

Banned
Will you admit that John uses the word "world" in more than one way?

Why would he do that?

When he said, "God so loves the world" he meant every human being.

You really need to get saved and stop blaspheming God, his Son Jesus Christ and the Bible, which is his word.

NickCharles

Why would he do that?

When he said, "God so loves the world" he meant every human being.

You really need to get saved and stop blaspheming God, his Son Jesus Christ and the Bible, which is his word.

“Love not the world, neither the things that are in the world. If any man love the world, the love of the Father is not in him. For all that is in the world, the lust of the flesh, and the lust of the eyes, and the pride of life, is not of the Father, but is of the world. And the world passeth away, and the lust thereof: but he that doeth the will of God abideth for ever.”
**1 John‬ *2:15-17‬ *KJV‬‬
http://bible.com/1/1jn.2.15-17.kjv

In this passage John uses "world" six times. Does it mean every person who ever lived in each instance?

serpentdove

BANNED
Banned
"You love darkness and cannot come to the light, John 3:19-21."

He's still breathing isn't he? If Jeffrey Dahmer can come to the light, anyone can.

"Run to the Light!"
smiley-twzonesmiley-tns0.gif
~ Tangina, Poltergeist

Last edited:

Robert Pate

Banned
Pate is a Calvinist. He said I "cannot", not will not.
Besides, Pates "god" isn't doing miracles anymore.
This is his "Historical Gospel". How sad

No, that is not my Gospel.

My Gospel is that God justifies the ungodly Romans 4:5 and reconciles the world unto God, 2 Corinthians 5:19.

Cruciform

Lord, Lord, didn't I join the Catholic Church?
Just another Straw Man Fallacy on Pate's part, since the Catholic Church certainly doesn't claim that we are saved by merely joining the Church. Pate's fundamental ignorance of Catholic teaching continues to shine through.

Robert Pate

Banned
Just another Straw Man Fallacy on Pate's part, since the Catholic Church certainly doesn't claim that we are saved by merely joining the Church. Pate's fundamental ignorance of Catholic teaching continues to shine through.

When one joins the Catholic church they agree to do all of the things that are required by the Catholic church.

If you don't you are anathema.