Lord, Lord, Didn't We?...

NickCharles

And then you blasphemy God and his Son Jesus Christ and say that Jesus did not atone for the sins of the whole world.

You might fool some, but you can't fool me.

I would never say that. I believe that He atoned for the sins of people from every tongue, tribe and nation.

NickCharles

Of course. You just can't believe it.

“Love not the world, neither the things that are in the world. If any man love the world, the love of the Father is not in him. For all that is in the world, the lust of the flesh, and the lust of the eyes, and the pride of life, is not of the Father, but is of the world. And the world passeth away, and the lust thereof: but he that doeth the will of God abideth for ever.”
**1 John‬ *2:15-17‬ *KJV‬‬
http://bible.com/1/1jn.2.15-17.kjv

So please explain how John, here, is talking about every single person who ever lived when he uses the word "world" in multiple instances.

Robert Pate

Banned
“Love not the world, neither the things that are in the world. If any man love the world, the love of the Father is not in him. For all that is in the world, the lust of the flesh, and the lust of the eyes, and the pride of life, is not of the Father, but is of the world. And the world passeth away, and the lust thereof: but he that doeth the will of God abideth for ever.”
**1 John‬ *2:15-17‬ *KJV‬‬
http://bible.com/1/1jn.2.15-17.kjv

So please explain how John, here, is talking about every single person who ever lived when he uses the word "world" in multiple instances.

All that you are doing is trying to find fault with the Bible.

You don't like what it says, so, you try to change the meaning of the words, such as "World".

You are a typical Calvinist.

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
Just to clarify, every time John uses the word "world" in his writings he's referring to every person ever born. Is that your position?

It's time for Sunday School -

Here's several scriptures that show Jesus died for the sins of the whole world . Praise God after reading these

1 John 2:2 KJV - Romans 3:25 KJV - 2 Corinthians 5:18 KJV -

2 Corinthians 5:19 KJV - 2 Corinthians 5:20 KJV - 2 Corinthians 5:21 KJV -

NickCharles

All that you are doing is trying to find fault with the Bible.

You don't like what it says, so, you try to change the meaning of the words, such as "World".

You are a typical Calvinist.

I believe it. Please explain how the many times "world" is used in this passage mean every person who has ever lived.

NickCharles

It's time for Sunday School -

Here's several scriptures that show Jesus died for the sins of the whole world . Praise God after reading these

1 John 2:2 KJV - Romans 3:25 KJV - 2 Corinthians 5:18 KJV -

2 Corinthians 5:19 KJV - 2 Corinthians 5:20 KJV - 2 Corinthians 5:21 KJV -

That doesn't address my question.