Lord, Lord, Didn't We?...

Robert Pate

Banned
"Not everyone that says to me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the Kingdom of heaven, but he that does the will of my Father which is in heaven" Matthew 7:21.

The will of the Father is that you believe upon his Son Jesus Christ.

"Many will say to me on that day (Judgment Day) Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in your name? and in your name cast out devils? and in your name done many wonderful works?" Matthew 7:22.

It was all about them and their works. This is the crux of religion. It is all about me, myself and I. The Gospel is about Jesus Christ.

"And then I will profess unto them, I NEVER KNEW YOU: depart from me you that work iniquity" Matthew 7:23.

He never knew them because they were counting on their works to save them. They didn't need Christ and his Gospel. They belonged to the church of "My way". The way of man, which is religion.

The last thing that one wants to do in the judgment is to bring up what you do, or what you have done, or what you have become. The reason for this is because we are all sinners without any saving merit of our own. If anyone goes to heaven it will be on the merits of Jesus Christ.

Here is an example.

Lord, Lord, didn't I join the Catholic church?

Lord, Lord, am I not a Calvinist?

Lord, Lord, did I not speak in tongues?

Lord, Lord, I, I, I, ???

The correct response in the judgment should be... Lord, Lord, did you not send Jesus into the world to atone for my sins?

Lord, Lord, didn't Jesus fulfill your Holy Law for me and justify me?

Lord, Lord, didn't you accept Jesus into heaven in my name and on my behalf?

genuineoriginal

He never knew them because they were counting on their works to save them. They didn't need Christ and his Gospel. They belonged to the church of "My way". The way of man, which is religion.
Jesus told three messages back to back on the subject:

Matthew 7:16-20
16 Ye shall know them by their fruits. Do men gather grapes of thorns, or figs of thistles?
17 Even so every good tree bringeth forth good fruit; but a corrupt tree bringeth forth evil fruit.
18 A good tree cannot bring forth evil fruit, neither can a corrupt tree bring forth good fruit.
19 Every tree that bringeth not forth good fruit is hewn down, and cast into the fire.
20 Wherefore by their fruits ye shall know them.​

Matthew 7:21-23
21 Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven.
22 Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works?
23 And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.​

Matthew 7:24-27
24 Therefore whosoever heareth these sayings of mine, and doeth them, I will liken him unto a wise man, which built his house upon a rock:
25 And the rain descended, and the floods came, and the winds blew, and beat upon that house; and it fell not: for it was founded upon a rock.
26 And every one that heareth these sayings of mine, and doeth them not, shall be likened unto a foolish man, which built his house upon the sand:
27 And the rain descended, and the floods came, and the winds blew, and beat upon that house; and it fell: and great was the fall of it.​

To summarize:

You can't get into the kingdom of heaven by doing evil works.
You can't get into the kingdom of heaven by doing whatever good works you want to do.
You can't get into the kingdom of heaven if you do no works.

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned

16 Ye shall know them by their fruits. Do men gather grapes of thorns, or figs of thistles?
17 Even so every good tree bringeth forth good fruit; but a corrupt tree bringeth forth evil fruit.
18 A good tree cannot bring forth evil fruit, neither can a corrupt tree bring forth good fruit.
19 Every tree that bringeth not forth good fruit is hewn down, and cast into the fire.

21 Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven.
22 Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works?
23 And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.​

24 Therefore whosoever heareth these sayings of mine, and doeth them, I will liken him unto a wise man, which built his house upon a rock:
25 And the rain descended, and the floods came, and the winds blew, and beat upon that house; and it fell not: for it was founded upon a rock.
26 And every one that heareth these sayings of mine, and doeth them not, shall be likened unto a foolish man, which built his house upon the sand:
27 And the rain descended, and the floods came, and the winds blew, and beat upon that house; and it fell: and great was the fall of it.​

To summarize:

You can't get into the kingdom of heaven by doing whatever good works you want to do.

you were doing so good until that last sentence !

Robert Pate

Banned

To summarize:

You get into the Kingdom by being "In Christ".

If God does not see you "In Christ" you will never see heaven.

fishrovmen

Lord,Lord didn't me attack Catholics and Calvinist with caricatures and straw men while my own theology was impossible to reconcile with Scripture.
Lord, Lord didn't me keep repeating the same trash day after day instead of improving my own understanding.

Robert Pate

Banned
Lord,Lord didn't me attack Catholics and Calvinist with caricatures and straw men while my own theology was impossible to reconcile with Scripture.
Lord, Lord didn't me keep repeating the same trash day after day instead of improving my own understanding.

You are in darkness.

Bradley D

I give all credit to God for the good things I do. I take credit for my mess-ups. Love God and Neighbor is what I aim to live by.

iouae

It's very easy for God to know who are His. They have His Holy Spirit in them. When detectives spray luminol on a crime scene, fluids stand out under UV light. It is obvious to the detective but not to us without access to luminol or UV lamps.

Likewise, I feel God can easily tell His from "not His".
We on the other hand look for a formula which may or not include works.
Some folks will give their body to be burned, but lacking love, they will not be saved (1 Cor 13:3).

I feel that if one is Spirit led, one is His. If anyone can come up with an all-inclusive way of telling a Christian (like a luminol test) then please market that product. I feel many pastors would want it (or not?).

fishrovmen

That is your problem.

You love darkness and cannot come to the light, John 3:19-21.

Then why would I use a table lamp if I loved darkness?
You really need to actually read what people post, word for word and try to get an understanding before you post back with a closed mind and stopped up ears. The time is short Pate (Ephesians 5:14-18)

Robert Pate

Banned
It's very easy for God to know who are His. They have His Holy Spirit in them. When detectives spray luminol on a crime scene, fluids stand out under UV light. It is obvious to the detective but not to us without access to luminol or UV lamps.

Likewise, I feel God can easily tell His from "not His".
We on the other hand look for a formula which may or not include works.
Some folks will give their body to be burned, but lacking love, they will not be saved (1 Cor 13:3).

I feel that if one is Spirit led, one is His. If anyone can come up with an all-inclusive way of telling a Christian (like a luminol test) then please market that product. I feel many pastors would want it (or not?).

"Try the Spirits to see if they be of God" 1 John 4:1.

Is it according to the Bible?

Is it according to the Gospel?

Does it honor God and glorify Jesus Christ?

achduke

you were doing so good until that last sentence !

Matthew 25:14-30
Matt 25:24 Then the man who had received one bag of gold came. Master, he said, I knew that you are a hard man, harvesting where you have not sown and gathering where you have not scattered seed. 25 So I was afraid and went out and hid your gold in the ground. See, here is what belongs to you.’
26 His master replied, You wicked, lazy servant! So you knew that I harvest where I have not sown and gather where I have not scattered seed?
27 Well then, you should have put my money on deposit with the bankers, so that when I returned I would have received it back with interest.

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
The greatest love that you can show to someone is to give them the Gospel.

Very true, but love is uplifting. You judge and denigrate the faith of others. You have no right to do so.

Who are you to judge another’s servant? (Romans 14:4 NKJV)​

You can encourage without castigating.