Lesbian Methodist Minister

gabriel

Originally posted by Zakath

There are some behaving like spoiled children who are basking in too much attention, yes. The best solution for such people, regardless of age, is to generally ignore them so long as they are committing no crime. If the media stopped covering the events and the right-wing Christians quit making such a fuss, it might take a lot of the fun out of the events and many people would stay home...

That said, the majority of gays I know don't hang out in public restrooms or parade in the streets. They live quietly and go to work, go out to dinner periodically and take in a movie now and then. Though, like many other humans when presented with a discounted ticket to a theme park, some of them will visit on the days they can save a few bucks... ;)

...you are so correct, zakath. my gay friends would not be caught dead parading down a street proclaiming their sexual orientation......they feel their sexual preference is no one else's business....... these men go to their jobs (lawyers, engineers, business owners), pay their taxes, live a monogamous life with one partner, pray for world peace, go to church, live a quiet life and want to be left alone.

Nineveh

Merely Christian
Originally posted by gabriel

... he told me that it was biblical....

... the bible can be used in any fashion to justify whatever one wants to justify.

Dave! A new congregant!

gabriel

Originally posted by lighthouse

If this is true, then what I said was false. However, if what I said was true, then this is false.

Hint: God didn't make anyone gay.;)

Gay people spit. However, I was using a metaphor, but I guess it was just too big for your small mind.

First off, I would like to bring everyone's attention to the fact that you used a small c.

Now, how do you define Christian? Because, the way I define it, the Biblical definition, shows that your gay friends are not Christians. In fact, they are the furthest thing from it. And they are also using the Lord's name in vain, by calling them selves Christians. That's adding sin on sin, and that's just stupid. Evenmoreso, it is vile!

..... i am sure some gay people DO spit; i merely said my gay friends don't deign to do it......it is crass and rude.

... i would also like to bring everyone's attention to the fact that not only do i use a small "c" in the word "christian", i use a small "g" in the word "god", and a small "j" in the word jesus...
i'm not much on capitalization.

.... i don't define christian......i let christians define themselves.....and judging from some of the arguments on this board it looks as if there isn't a clear definition.

Art Deco

So you're saying that your deity doesn't love sinners until after they stop sinning? :think:

We used to call that type of theology "cleanin' the fish afore ya caught 'em". ;)

Nice and tidy perhaps if you are a fastidious sort, but basically scripturally and logically indefensible. :chuckle:
Psalm 5:5 The arrogant cannot stand in your presence; you hate all who do wrong.

Psalm 34:16 The face of the Lord is against those who do evil.

Psalm 97:10 Let those who love the Lord hate evil, for he guards the lives of His faithful ones and delivers them from the hand of the wicked... :angel:

Ecumenicist

Originally posted by Nineveh

ATTENTION DAVE'S CONGREGANTS:

Good enough for what?

The kingdom of God.
What should they do about it?

accept the gift of God's Grace offered through
Jesus Christ.

And what happens if they don't?

They miss out on the peace and joy that those who partake
of the Kingdom enjoy, here and now and for eternity.

THe only one weeping and gnashing teeth is you Nin.

Dave

Zakath

Resident Atheist
Originally posted by Art Deco

Psalm 5:5 The arrogant cannot stand in your presence...
So I guess you and lighthouse plan to do a lot of grovelling throughout eternity, eh?

Got any NT quotes by Jesus saying how YHWH hates evildoers, or is all your ammunition from a previous dispensation?

Zakath

Resident Atheist

...you are so correct, zakath. my gay friends would not be caught dead parading down a street proclaiming their sexual orientation......they feel their sexual preference is no one else's business....... these men go to their jobs (lawyers, engineers, business owners), pay their taxes, live a monogamous life with one partner, pray for world peace, go to church, live a quiet life and want to be left alone.
... and discredit virtualy every stereotype associated with homosexuals by the maundering maniacs of the religious right.

:chuckle:

Tell 'em to keep up the good work! :thumb:

Zakath

Resident Atheist
Originally posted by Crow

I have to wonder how they explained Moses being married to a black woman.
Haven't the faintest idea... good question though...

Another question might be, why do you think Moses' wife was black? IIRC, she was a Midianite, an Arab tribe that inhabited the northern part of the Sinai peninsula. To my knowledge they weren't black any more than most Arabs today.

Zakath

Resident Atheist

Right. Ignore them in the bathrooms at the city park..[/qoute]Do you often frequent men's restrooms? :think:

and parading down the middle of the street...
If they have a permit, it's legal. Act like an adult and ignore them, so long as they are not breaking the law.

Well, ya kint have it both ways, it's either "privacy of the bedroom" or "out of the closet in your face".
Take away their publicity and you've taken away their main reason for public displays. Keep giving them attention and they will keep making themselves a public nuisance. Didn't you learn anything in high school civics class?

But I don't agree with you. One time, once, the names and addresses of the perps in the city bathrooms were published on the front page of the local paper. That should happen at least once a year if not once a month.
Your purient interest in other people's illicit sexual activity is part of the problem.

The minority of those you know do?
:rolleyes:
No, I wrote "the majority of those I know...". Do try to actually read the posts you're responding to...

And the skin flint "majority" all congregate in the public on "celebrate homos" day at the family oriented theme park. Thank you for making my point.
Right along with the skinflint C&W fans who attend the country music day at Kings Dominion; the skinflint military members (and their families) who attend "military appreciation day" at Six Flags and Bush theme parks; the skinflint season pass holders who attend "season pass appreciation day" at Six Flags; the skinflint college students who attend "college appreciation day" at Wet and Wild; or skinflint Cinnicnati Reds fans who attended "fan appreciation day" at their local ball park, etc.

It's a human thing, not a sexual orientation thing.

One Eyed Jack

Originally posted by Crow

I have to wonder how they explained Moses being married to a black woman.

Maybe they figured Ethiopians were white.

from Numbers
12:1 And Miriam and Aaron spake against Moses because of the Ethiopian woman whom he had married: for he had married an Ethiopian woman.

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame
Originally posted by Dave Miller

Huh?

This is scripture, even I won't deny this...

We are conceived in sin, no one is good enough, etc. etc.
Children are inherently selfish, this is proof of our base
sinfulness.

If you're going to drop scripture from your worldview, then
you're definitely not talking Christianity, but something
else.

Dave
Dave, do you think that an infant that dies of SIDS goes to hell?

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame

..... i am sure some gay people DO spit; i merely said my gay friends don't deign to do it......it is crass and rude.
Seeing as how it was a figure of speech, you have no leg to stand on with this argument. They are spitting in the face of God. Bottom line.

... i would also like to bring everyone's attention to the fact that not only do i use a small "c" in the word "christian", i use a small "g" in the word "god", and a small "j" in the word jesus...
i'm not much on capitalization.
We've noticed.

.... i don't define christian......i let christians define themselves.....and judging from some of the arguments on this board it looks as if there isn't a clear definition.
There is a clear definition. One in whom Christ dwells. The problem is that there are people who think they have Christ dwelling inside, all the while He's still knocking at the door.

Nineveh

Merely Christian

If they have a permit, it's legal. Act like an adult and ignore them, so long as they are not breaking the law.

To your first question, I don't frequent men's rooms, little boys do though.

Only an apostate doesn't see anything wrong with cebrating sodomy in the streets, I guess.

Take away their publicity and you've taken away their main reason for public displays. Keep giving them attention and they will keep making themselves a public nuisance. Didn't you learn anything in high school civics class?

Hetros didn't force them into the public, they did that on their own.

Your purient interest in other people's illicit sexual activity is part of the problem.

I have been talking about public manifestations of their "bedroom lives". Did you need to swap the topic?

:rolleyes:
No, I wrote "the majority of those I know...". Do try to actually read the posts you're responding to...

Right. The "majority of those you know", what about the rest? The minority you know, what about them?

Right along with the skinflint C&W fans who attend the country music day at Kings Dominion; the skinflint military members (and their families) who attend "military appreciation day" at Six Flags and Bush theme parks; the skinflint season pass holders who attend "season pass appreciation day" at Six Flags; the skinflint college students who attend "college appreciation day" at Wet and Wild; or skinflint Cinnicnati Reds fans who attended "fan appreciation day" at their local ball park, etc.

And how many are doing what they do in the name of sex?

It's a human thing, not a sexual orientation thing.

It's not "Human Day" at the theme park, it's "Gay Days".

Ecumenicist

Dave, do you think that an infant that dies of SIDS goes to hell?

Of course not, but the infant is not worthy of heaven either.
No one is. By the Grace of God, the infant is taken by God
into paradise.

Dave

Zakath

Resident Atheist

To your first question, I don't frequent men's rooms, little boys do though.
Hopefully you don't send little children into any public restrooms without an adult... :shocked:

I suppose you could always pray that your god would protect them...

:doh:

That's right! He doesn't do things like that anymore... :rolleyes:

Only an apostate doesn't see anything wrong with cebrating sodomy in the streets, I guess.
Only a fundy religionist doesn't see anything wrong with constantly telling everyone else how they should live their lives. You have a very narrow view... marching in a parade need not be a celebration of any sexual act. ;)

Hetros didn't force them into the public, they did that on their own.
Most such activity didn't begin until after the successes of the civil rights movement in the fifities and sixties and the changes in public assembly laws. They act out publicly for the same reason an ill-disciplined child does... because they think it gets them attention and/or their way. Conversations like this one would seem to indicate that they're right. They certainly have your attention riveted to the "action".

If you cannot see that, then there's little purpose in discussing this further.

I have been talking about public manifestations of their "bedroom lives". Did you need to swap the topic?
How is marching in a parade a public manifestation of anyone's bedroom life? That's as unrealistsic as comparing a promise keepers' rally to a bunch of heterosexuals trotting out their bedroom lives when they talk about being happily married men.

Right. The "majority of those you know", what about the rest? The minority you know, what about them?
I carefully worded my statement to clearly indicate that I was referring to those people I know. If you want to find out what the rest of the world thinks, look elsewhere...

And how many are doing what they do in the name of sex?
Somehow I don't think that "gay day" at the local theme park is designed to turn the place into a massive orgy... If your purient interests see it that way, write a complaint letter and stop patronizing the companies that participate in such things. Despite you fundies best efforts, its' still a free country.

It's not "Human Day" at the theme park, it's "Gay Days".
So what? They're merely another special interest demographic to the boys and girls in the marketing departments of the companies who sponsor such things... do you really think that if people didn't attend and spend lots of money there on those special group days, that the parks would continue to sponsor them?

:chuckle:

Get realistic, Nineveh! This is the United $tate$! The land of mammon and free enterprise! :greedy:

I think if you checked carefully you'd find that most such things are all about the money... :think:

gabriel

Originally posted by One Eyed Jack

And you believed him?

You can do that with any book -- the Bible is hardly unique in that respect.

.... the sad part is that HE believed his worldview to be biblical. hence his propensity to use it to justify his "blacks are inferior" stance.

i agree, oej, that you can do that with any book but the bible is the book of the christian faith....... alot of people are passionate about their religious beliefs and they retaliate if someone disagrees with their beliefs or their religious book (which they use as the basis of said religious beliefs) ..... i hardly think he would have acted so passionately had we been disagreeing on "windows xp for dummies".

gabriel

Seeing as how it was a figure of speech, you have no leg to stand on with this argument. They are spitting in the face of God. Bottom line.

We've noticed.

There is a clear definition. One in whom Christ dwells. The problem is that there are people who think they have Christ dwelling inside, all the while He's still knocking at the door.

.... LoL... lighthouse i am not arguing with you on the spitting issue.... i was messin' with you ;) - obviously, recognizing dripping sarcasm is not your forte. you need to lighten up, dude......... still, i say they do not spit in the face of god.

... if everyone has noticed ("we've noticed") then why the need to bring it to "everyone's attention".

... the definition of christian can't be too clear: i have asked 5 different (admittedly christian) co-workers the definition of christian and have received 5 different answers.......oh wait, maybe they are not "real" christians.