Lesbian Methodist Minister

HerodionRomulus

Re: decision about homosexual minister

Re: decision about homosexual minister

Originally posted by Melika

I think these kind of articles are no-brainers. If you Love Me, you'll keep my commandents. We all know what happened to
the Sodomites in Lot's time. I believe two angels sent by God
to get Lot and his family out of that city before it was destroyed
by fire.

Just be glad that God does'nt rain down fire and brimstone to eleviate the Sodomites today as He did in Lot's day.melika:thumb:

At no place in Scripture does it say that Sodom was destroyed for homosexuality.
If you read the text, you will find that God had decided to destroy the city before the mob of men attacked Lot.
Further, it was Lot that they were after, not the angels.

Why was Gomorrah destroyed? Admah and Zeboiim?

Nineveh

Merely Christian
Re: Re: decision about homosexual minister

Re: Re: decision about homosexual minister

Originally posted by HerodionRomulus

At no place in Scripture does it say that Sodom was destroyed for homosexuality.
If you read the text, you will find that God had decided to destroy the city before the mob of men attacked Lot.
Further, it was Lot that they were after, not the angels.

Why was Gomorrah destroyed? Admah and Zeboiim?

The mob didn't attack Lot, the "mob" comprised of " all the men from every part of the city of Sodom-both young and old" were after the angels. "Where are the men who came to you tonight? Bring them out to us so that we can have sex with them."

You can keep trying to deny sodomy was one of the sins that drew God's anger. But obviously He found out what He needed to know. "The outcry against Sodom and Gomorrah is so great and their sin so grievous that I will go down and see if what they have done is as bad as the outcry that has reached me. If not, I will know."

NavyDude

It may have been because I was small when I first learned the story and so the subject of aberrant sex was avoided, but the meaning I got from the Sodom and Gomorrah story was that the men of the city were trying to physically harm the Angels because they were beacons of the goodness they did not have in them.

Ecumenicist

Re: Re: Re: decision about homosexual minister

Re: Re: Re: decision about homosexual minister

Originally posted by Nineveh

The mob didn't attack Lot, the "mob" comprised of " all the men from every part of the city of Sodom-both young and old" were after the angels. "Where are the men who came to you tonight? Bring them out to us so that we can have sex with them."

You can keep trying to deny sodomy was one of the sins that drew God's anger. But obviously He found out what He needed to know. "The outcry against Sodom and Gomorrah is so great and their sin so grievous that I will go down and see if what they have done is as bad as the outcry that has reached me. If not, I will know."

The sin was attempted gang rape.

Art Deco

Re: Re: Re: Re: decision about homosexual minister

Re: Re: Re: Re: decision about homosexual minister

Originally posted by Dave Miller

The sin was attempted gang rape.
Of who, Lot's daughters or Lot's male guests?

PureX

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: decision about homosexual minister

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: decision about homosexual minister

Originally posted by Art Deco Of who, Lot's daughters or Lot's male guests?
Rape is rape. It doesn't matter who is doing it to whom, or what sex they are.

Galadrial

my position on this difficult subject to talk about......

my position on this difficult subject to talk about......

I can't believe there are ppl out there that are believing in things like this.(well, actually I can but it upsets me greatly to know that one of my neighbors could in fact be one of these ppl and I don't even know it.) Not only do I find it wrong but I think god is looking down on these ppl and isn't at all happy with them and the choices they are making. I'm also wondering if they even care about what god thinks of them, and there actions towards others?...........(mind goes blank for a while....) I might add more later but I think thats all for now!

Nineveh

Merely Christian
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: decision about homosexual minister

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: decision about homosexual minister

Originally posted by PureX

I guess it only matters to those who care about the accuracy of the event, unlike HR who is always looking to condone sodomy.

firechyld

I guess it only matters to those who care about the accuracy of the event, unlike HR who is always looking to condone sodomy.

You honestly feel that the rape of a man by a man is a worse crime than the rape of a woman by a man, or a man by a woman, or a woman by a woman?

Nineveh

Merely Christian
Originally posted by firechyld

You honestly feel that the rape of a man by a man is a worse crime than the rape of a woman by a man, or a man by a woman, or a woman by a woman?

I honestly feel HR takes every opportunity to make the event of Sodom into something it isn't. Sort of like you are trying to do with my statement to impurex.

firechyld

I asked you with the intent of allowing you to clarify if I had misinterpreted. You objected to HR's statement that:

Did you object because you disagree with the sentiment expressed, or just because it was HR who expressed it?

Nineveh

Merely Christian

I asked you with the intent of allowing you to clarify if I had misinterpreted. You objected to HR's statement that:

HR didn't make that statement, impurex did. Perhaps if you paged back you could follow along with the convo.

Did you object because you disagree with the sentiment expressed, or just because it was HR who expressed it?

Go back a page, and you will get a handle on what I am objecting to.

firechyld

My apologies, I misnamed the quotee. I did read the entire thread before posting. It was simply a mistype.

I'll restate:

Did you object because you disagree with the sentiment expressed, or just because it was PureX who expressed it?

Nineveh

Merely Christian
Originally posted by HerodionRomulus

Rev. Stroud has now decided to appeal this case, in part because part of her case was not allowed to be made by the "judge."

UM News

And look what happens to denoms that promote such unGodliness in the pulpit.

In case you don't want to look:
85 Episcopal parishes have closed their doors last year and 36,000 members have left.

Nineveh

Merely Christian

I'll restate:

Did you object because you disagree with the sentiment expressed, or just because it was PureX who expressed it?

: sigh :

I object to HR misreperesenting what happened at Sodom, what part of this are you not understanding?

firechyld

He interprets the crime of Sodom as being rape, not homosexuality.

It may disagree with your interpretation, but it's not necessarily incorrect. I think it's more what he's concluding that bothers you.

Still, you objected to his statement that "rape is rape". It's a heinous crime no matter what the gender of the individuals involved... at least by modern standards. Do you disagree?