Leftist fascination with fascism

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
All of Europe should have moved more quickly. Churchill was about the only one who called out for earlier action.

The enemy of your enemy........... educate yourself.

Nope.........

and so we return to my original question, posed in the context of an examination of possible reasons for the rejection of the changing story of the Holocaust as it has been presented over the years:

Which are more deserving of world sympathy?

the six million victims of the Holocaust?

or

the twelve million victims of the Holodomor?

Spoiler

eider

And that's all he'll continue to do. He's done it before, if you were here when he went bat crazy with his obsession of Town Heretic then you'll know what I'm talking about...
Ah........ that member came to a forum that I know. Chose a different name but used the same avatar pic. Then moved on soon after.
Am I right in saying that one of you bought the other a membership or something?

TH was the most moderate and reasonable of debaters, I thought.

eider

and so we return to my original question, posed in the context of an examination of possible reasons for the rejection of the changing story of the Holocaust as it has been presented over the years:

Presented by who?
I never forgot what I was taught.
It is you who just overlooked quite a long list of victims, doser, so don't play righteous with me.

If you want to examine other peoples ideas then get on with it.
I don't do homework at weekends and am unlikely to do it for you at all.

ok doser

Presented by who?

good question - for me it was my teachers and then the media - for those more paranoid, it was the shadowy figures in the background who pull the strings of international relations - International Jewry, The Banking Cabal, the Illuminati

I never forgot what I was taught.

I suspect you're mistaken about that too, as we've seen, repeatedly in the last several weeks, your inability to accurately remember things told to you within just a few days

It is you who just overlooked quite a long list of victims, doser, so don't play righteous with me.

I "overlooked them" because they're not pertinient to the discussion of the psychology of the holocaust denier

or have you already forgotten that I responded to this?
... why mention only 6 million?
Because I have never encountered a Holocaust denier who wasn't motivated by anti-semitism - have you?

If you want to examine other peoples ideas then get on with it.

I have been - I've been examining the reasons one might have for mistrusting/doubting/denying the Holocaust narrative that go deeper than artie's simplistic emotional nonsense.

In America, for example, I doubt that more than 5% of the people recognize the Holodomor, and that most have the tragedy of the Trail of Tears drilled into their subconsciousness more than the Holocaust. And I suspect that is a matter of national guilt as well - Americans feel no guilt for the Holocaust, despite clumsy attempts lately to change that. One might well ask who is behind that as well. :think:

Do you recognize the difference between the Holocaust and the Holocaust narrative?

ok doser

Can you explain why there is an "International Holocaust Remembrance Day" every year, but not one to remember the victims of the Rwandan Genocide, the Cambodian killing fields, the Armenian Genocide, the Holodomor, the 45 million killed by Mao?

Can you understand why that disparity might fuel suspicions in those pre-disposed to paranoia?

ok doser

I was active on a leftist Facebook group on January 27 this year - the focus was overwhelmingly on the Jewish victims. Occasionally someone would mention the homos and there would some lukewarm sympathy expressed. Less often, someone would mention the gypsies or the Jehovah's Witnesses, and would be pointedly ignored.

In the context of an ongoing discussion centered around "Never Again", I asked if that should apply to all crimes against humanity, or should be reserved only for use when referring to the Jewish tragedy, in other words, what made the Jews more deserving of remembrance and "Never Again"ing than the Armenians, the Cambodians, the Rwandans, the Ukies, Mao's victims?

It was as if I had lit a match inside a tanker truck half full of petrol :darwinsm:

a quick google search shows that it's already a thing: https://www.neveragain.com/

no mention of the ukies or Mao

Arthur Brain

Ah........ that member came to a forum that I know. Chose a different name but used the same avatar pic. Then moved on soon after.
Am I right in saying that one of you bought the other a membership or something?

TH was the most moderate and reasonable of debaters, I thought.

Yes, you remember correctly. I bought TH a membership shortly after he first joined as he was an intriguing member with a keen intellect and a sharp sense of humour. I didn't agree with him on everything but he was a refreshing new voice and one that became a highly respected member from people of all persuasions, well, dimwitted trolls notwithstanding of course...

;)

eider

Yes, you remember correctly. I bought TH a membership shortly after he first joined as he was an intriguing member with a keen intellect and a sharp sense of humour. I didn't agree with him on everything but he was a refreshing new voice and one that became a highly respected member from people of all persuasions, well, dimwitted trolls notwithstanding of course...

;)

I'm sorry that he is not posting here now. Maybe he'll come back?
My regular forum is full of members, hundreds posting on scores of new threads every day, but when I come here there is you and a handful of other names, is all.
Very few of us agree on everything, simply because we don't have the same information, or experience, or beliefs. But that's where communications adds to what we already have, I guess.
I'll tell you why I don't mind nasty trolls.... I never bung anybody on ignore, I need them because the experience helps me to manage the conflict better, or so I think.
I can be surprised by TOL threads and posts, I remember a new member introducing them self as s Christian focused upon the love of Christ and love on congregation and world, just love. And a few very grim replies came back to him explaining that he was more likely to meet with truth here. I never saw his name again.
its other mindsets that I discover here.

Trump Gurl

Credo in Unum Deum
Back in 1933 a Hollywood movie was produced promoting fascism. The story is a Republican President is elected that is nothing more than someone who wants to use the presidency as a way to enrich himself and his buddies. He is injured in a car wreck and the angel Gabriel visits him in his coma and convinces him to become a "progressive". The movie then goes on to illustrate how he becomes a dictator enforcing fascist policies on the nation for their own good. This movie is on youtube so you can watch it for yourself and see how much the left has always been fascinated with fascist ideology as Hollywood has always been leftist in it's ideology. They put forward the same ideas back in the 1930s that they are promoting today.

Edit. The movie is being messed with as all audio is being omitted.

Look a what youtube is doing!! Removing all conservative videos.

Trump Gurl

Credo in Unum Deum
Civil rights leader: Marxist philosophy of Black Lives Matter org will harm our communities
https://www.lifesitenews.com/news/c...ck-lives-matter-org-will-harm-our-communities

WASHINGTON, DC, June 20, 2020 (LifeSiteNews) ― A black civil rights leader has stated that the black community will be harmed by the goals of the Black Lives Matter organization.

Niger Innis, the National Chairman of the Congress of Racial Equality, told EWTN host Raymond Arroyo last night that he distinguishes the Black Lives Matter (BLM) organizational leadership from most of the protesters. The majority of the protesters, he said, have their heart and soul “in the right place.” However, there is a difference between them and the leaders who run the Black Lives Matter organization.

“Alicia Garza says she is a Marxist,” Innis reported, referring to one of the founders of the organization Black Lives Matter. Innis noted that defunding the police is “just at the beginning” of what the BLM organization wants.

He brought Arroyo’s attention to two planks of the BLM’s manifesto. The first brags of attacking the traditional family.

“We disrupt the Western-prescribed nuclear family structure requirement by supporting each other as extended families and ‘villages’ that collectively care for one another, especially our children, to the degree that mothers, parents, and children are comfortable,” it reads.

The second plank Innis pointed to underscored the LGBT ideology of the movement: “We foster a queer‐affirming network. When we gather, we do so with the intention of freeing ourselves from the tight grip of heteronormative thinking, or rather, the belief that all in the world are heterosexual (unless s/he or they disclose otherwise).”

Innis said that these ideas do “nothing” to help black people in America.

“These agenda items [show] a Marxist mentality that…does nothing for the black community,” he stated.

“It does nothing to advance racial equality. [Causing] the disruption of the nuclear family is a clear and present danger to the black community.”