Leftist fascination with fascism

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
doser questions eider on his compulsive focus of attention on Trump when the news in the UK is heartbreakingly bad, when the UK is getting set to eclipse Italy and Spain:
That's you. ...... totally.

It is indeed. Notice I haven't said a word about your country's leadership or the decisions that you, as a country have made.

What you can't seem to grasp is that our leaders should set examples, and yours have been ...

Mine have been setting the example of achieving laudable death rates per 1M pop, rates similar to those achieved by the leaders of Canada and Germany, rates a quarter of those achieved by your leaders

The BBC reports quite closely upon your leaders, maybe because their mistakes are so amazing to us here?

or maybe to keep you from discovering that, as a country, you're in a real pickle

Now, since your response was to show the number of our fatalities here in the UK

Nope, but I'm not surprised you missed it

I posted that graph to show that the UK deaths count has not yet reached an inflection point, which will signal the beginning of a reduction in the deaths rate.

For a couple of weeks now both @Authur Brain and I have recognised that the UK is going to be the worst hit country in Europe

In terms of total numbers, which are meaningless unless adjusted for population, which is why the counts per 1M population is a more useful metric

And you're on a path to surpass Italy and Spain. Hopefully not Belgium.

your comments about this can only show your amusement at what this sickness can really do.

rather, my comments were meant to point out your obvious hypocrisy

You didn't seem to really get a clear idea of what we were all in for earlier on.

The progression we're seeing in my country and Germany and Canada is about what I expected

The horrendous mess in Metro NYC was unexpected

And the extent of your looming disaster, giving the advanced warning your country had and the assurances you - eider - kept giving us here that you were all complying and co-operating, I find very surprising.

Clearly you and artie were taken by surprise as well.

Try not to be so pleased with thousands of deaths, doser,

oh eider - it's you who have been minimizing the absolute disaster your country has found itself dealing with, much like the unfortunate fools in Metro NYC

And you're still doing it today, in your desperate, irrational, obsessive need to paint the picture of "orangemanbad"

Arthur Brain

Morning Arthur..... !!
How are you doing?
I had a telephone consultation with a doc yesterday...... can't remember anything like that before but it went really well. She decided to try anti-histamine and sent a prescription to my local chemist which I collected soon afterwards.
Garages are closing around here. There is so little petrol/diesel business that Sainsburys closed their garage and now Tesco has closed its garage as well. One garage left open on the Thanet Way and that is getting more business than ever before.

BBC text service reports that Mike Pence visited a large hospital yesterday and was the only person present who didn't wear a face mask.
Amazing............... just amazing. That should please the right-wing tribal brigade here.. :D

Afternoon eider. :e4e:

Doing okay considering and it's good that you managed to get some doctors advice. Is it helping at all?

Haven't seen that report yet but it wouldn't surprise me sad to say...his boss doesn't like wearing one does he?

Arthur Brain

These members tell us that they are educated and intellectually capable people, but then insist on telling us junk like this. Is it that they are just knowingly deceiving others, or are they nuts?

It's a mixture of deliberate lies, not being very bright and just plain nuts depending.

eider

Afternoon eider. :e4e:

Doing okay considering and it's good that you managed to get some doctors advice. Is it helping at all?

Haven't seen that report yet but it wouldn't surprise me sad to say...his boss doesn't like wearing one does he?

Sadly had to get another telephone consultation this morning. The infection has started to give pain to my left ear when I swallow, so I'm on an antibiotic now.

You may have heard about Mr Pence by now.

Our fatality figures really dropped away over the weekend, but have now jumped back up. We're going to have a bad time in May, I reckon. My wife has just been told that she is to be furloughed for a further three weeks, but she's getting used to it now.

Arthur Brain

Sadly had to get another telephone consultation this morning. The infection has started to give pain to my left ear when I swallow, so I'm on an antibiotic now.

You may have heard about Mr Pence by now.

Our fatality figures really dropped away over the weekend, but have now jumped back up. We're going to have a bad time in May, I reckon. My wife has just been told that she is to be furloughed for a further three weeks, but she's getting used to it now.

Ah, doesn't sound like corona but not pleasant all the less. Keep tabs on the symptoms and is the antibiotic working?

Just seen the headlines on Pence, following right in his leaders footsteps isn't he? Pathetic...

Could be going on for a long time this thing unfortunately.

eider

Yup. Neo Nazis are about as left wing as "Fox News"...

Ha ha!
Reminds me of a tenant of mine who was fascinated by Hitler and Nazism (he died in the early 90s) . He was a chemist working in electro-plating and a very well known jazz guitarist, backed Stefan Grappelli and others. He visited Auschwitz and insisted that the whole place was a set-up to dupe the stupid masses. He was in every (other) way a perfect gentleman but if the conversation touched upon the war or Judaism he became like a demon. Very very strange.

Arthur Brain

Ha ha!
Reminds me of a tenant of mine who was fascinated by Hitler and Nazism (he died in the early 90s) . He was a chemist working in electro-plating and a very well known jazz guitarist, backed Stefan Grappelli and others. He visited Auschwitz and insisted that the whole place was a set-up to dupe the stupid masses. He was in every (other) way a perfect gentleman but if the conversation touched upon the war or Judaism he became like a demon. Very very strange.

That is indeed strange. Having visited the Auschwitz Museum myself in 1998, you'd have to be flat out insane to deny what happened. You'd have to be insane to deny it without visiting...

ok doser

Ha ha!

not as strange as you might think, and I'm speaking as one who took my young wife to the whole ten hour long Shoah premiere as a "date night"

https://www.theguardian.com/theguard...features11.g24
https://www.haaretz.com/israel-news/...osed-1.7942233
http://www.fpp.co.uk/Auschwitz/
https://www.ht.lu.se/media/utbildnin...s_Chambers.pdf
https://newrepublic.com/article/1177...locaust-memoir

There's aspects of the story that are open to doubt

eider

You were lying when you said "Don't forget that on 13th April you claimed that the US was past the peak of the worst that this sickness could do to the US"

That was a lie

You are a liar

it's not a defamation when it's the truth, liar

Here we go:-

Posted 13th April ..........Another good news day for the US - the new cases count is continuing to decline. Seems like we're past the peak.

Defamation is a nasty kind of lie, doser.

ok doser

That is indeed strange. Having visited the Auschwitz Museum myself in 1998, you'd have to be flat out insane to deny what happened. You'd have to be insane to deny it without visiting...

and yet, as eider recounted, his friend was anything but insane

how do you account for that?

eider

John was indeed quite bonkers about Nazism and in his hatred of Judaism, but it taught me a lot about folks. He was very very well known as a jazz guitarist, spent his winters in the UK (renting a tiny pad off me) and his summers in Thailand. A pub in Stone street, South of Canterbury which was renowned as a center for jazz would give him two nights' work each week as soon as he returned, including a free car so that he could drive from Herne Bay to Stone street to work.

These short circuits are indeed very strange. I know a guy who is manager of a well known charity in Kent who is pefectly level headed, but who hates mobile phones to the extent that he will start shouting if anybody mentions them, let alone lets one ring.

Psychiatry or Psychology? I dunno.....

Arthur Brain

John was indeed quite bonkers about Nazism and in his hatred of Judaism, but it taught me a lot about folks. He was very very well known as a jazz guitarist, spent his winters in the UK (renting a tiny pad off me) and his summers in Thailand. A pub in Stone street, South of Canterbury which was renowned as a center for jazz would give him two nights' work each week as soon as he returned, including a free car so that he could drive from Herne Bay to Stone street to work.

These short circuits are indeed very strange. I know a guy who is manager of a well known charity in Kent who is pefectly level headed, but who hates mobile phones to the extent that he will start shouting if anybody mentions them, let alone lets one ring.

Psychiatry or Psychology? I dunno.....

Well, people can have some weird quirks it's true but denying the reality of Nazi butchery is like denying that water is wet.

ok doser

... denying the reality of Nazi butchery .....

... is very different from denying the totality of the holocaust story, as it has been presented by people who have a reason to misrepresent it

For instance, I was taught in middle/high school, in the 70's, that six million jews were killed in the holocaust

nobody ever mentioned the other four million non-jews targeted for extermination, and nobody ever mentioned the homos until it became fashionable to

and nobody ever mentioned the 27 million Soviets who died stopping Hitler

So it's not unreasonable to question the official narrative of a thing

ok doser

Which are more deserving of world sympathy?

the six million victims of the Holocaust?

or

the twelve million victims of the Holodomor?

Spoiler

Last edited: