ECT Kingdom Of God

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
That Jesus is not an angel doesn't make Him a spirit.

I said
I don't even know what that means. Spirits are angels. God makes spirits from angels. The only difference between spirits and angels is that spirits work from inside of you. And angels work from outside of you.

Heb 1:7
7 And of the angels He says: "Who makes His angels spirits and His ministers a flame of fire."
(NKJ)

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
I said
I don't even know what that means. Spirits are angels. God makes spirits from angels. The only difference between spirits and angels is that spirits work from inside of you. And angels work from outside of you.

Heb 1:7
7 And of the angels He says: "Who makes His angels spirits and His ministers a flame of fire."
(NKJ)
That does not make Jesus a spirit.

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
Jesus the Son of God, a man, resurrected from the dead. He did not become a spirit. He is still a man.

I said
Where do you come up with this stuff? flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom. Anyone who is resurrected will be like the angels.

1 Cor 15:50
50 Now this I say, brethren, that flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom of God; nor does corruption inherit incorruption.
(NKJ)

Matt 22:29-30
29 Jesus answered and said to them, "You are mistaken, not knowing the Scriptures nor the power of God.
30 "For in the resurrection they neither marry nor are given in marriage, but are like angels of God in heaven.
(NKJ)

Mark 12:24-25
24 Jesus answered and said to them, "Are you not therefore mistaken, because you do not know the Scriptures nor the power of God?
25 "For when they rise from the dead, they neither marry nor are given in marriage, but are like angels in heaven.
(NKJ)

Luke 20:35-36
35 "But those who are counted worthy to attain that age, and the resurrection from the dead, neither marry nor are given in marriage;
36 "nor can they die anymore, for they are equal to the angels and are sons of God, being sons of the resurrection.
(NKJ)

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
I said
Where do you come up with this stuff? flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom. Anyone who is resurrected will be like the angels.

1 Cor 15:50
50 Now this I say, brethren, that flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom of God; nor does corruption inherit incorruption.
(NKJ)

Matt 22:29-30
29 Jesus answered and said to them, "You are mistaken, not knowing the Scriptures nor the power of God.
30 "For in the resurrection they neither marry nor are given in marriage, but are like angels of God in heaven.
(NKJ)

Mark 12:24-25
24 Jesus answered and said to them, "Are you not therefore mistaken, because you do not know the Scriptures nor the power of God?
25 "For when they rise from the dead, they neither marry nor are given in marriage, but are like angels in heaven.
(NKJ)

Luke 20:35-36
35 "But those who are counted worthy to attain that age, and the resurrection from the dead, neither marry nor are given in marriage;
36 "nor can they die anymore, for they are equal to the angels and are sons of God, being sons of the resurrection.
(NKJ)
Jesus rose from the dead, never to die again, and He appeared to many.

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
He appeared to them in a human body, His human body... and not as a spirit... bearing the wounds He received/sustained in His death.

I said
Your wrong. If He would have been in His human body they would have recognized Him. I showed you where angels can have what looks like human bodies. Just like Jesus with more power than angels was in a body, but it wasn't His human body that He walked the earth with.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
I said
Your wrong. If He would have been in His human body they would have recognized Him. I showed you where angels can have what looks like human bodies. Just like Jesus with more power than angels was in a body, but it wasn't His human body that He walked the earth with.
We just discussed how they did recognize Him. Have you forgotten that step?

Remember, Thomas had to see the wounds to know it was Him.

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
We just discussed how they did recognize Him. Have you forgotten that step?

Remember, Thomas had to see the wounds to know it was Him.

I said
lol Your loosing it. We have been discussing how they DID NOT recognize Him.

John 20:11-15
11 But Mary stood outside by the tomb weeping, and as she wept she stooped down and looked into the tomb.
12 And she saw two angels in white sitting, one at the head and the other at the feet, where the body of Jesus had lain.
13 Then they said to her, "Woman, why are you weeping?" She said to them, "Because they have taken away my Lord, and I do not know where they have laid Him."
14 Now when she had said this, she turned around and saw Jesus standing there, and did not know that it was Jesus.
15 Jesus said to her, "Woman, why are you weeping? Whom are you seeking?" She, supposing Him to be the gardener, said to Him, "Sir, if You have carried Him away, tell me where You have laid Him, and I will take Him away."
(NKJ)

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
I said
lol Your loosing it. We have been discussing how they DID NOT recognize Him.

John 20:11-15
11 But Mary stood outside by the tomb weeping, and as she wept she stooped down and looked into the tomb.
12 And she saw two angels in white sitting, one at the head and the other at the feet, where the body of Jesus had lain.
13 Then they said to her, "Woman, why are you weeping?" She said to them, "Because they have taken away my Lord, and I do not know where they have laid Him."
14 Now when she had said this, she turned around and saw Jesus standing there, and did not know that it was Jesus.
15 Jesus said to her, "Woman, why are you weeping? Whom are you seeking?" She, supposing Him to be the gardener, said to Him, "Sir, if You have carried Him away, tell me where You have laid Him, and I will take Him away."
(NKJ)
You agreed when I pointed out that after this she did recognize Him.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
I said
After He spoke her name. She never did recognize Him by sight. By looking at Him. Which shows He could have been in a different body. Not His human body.
Why do you say "by looking at Him"? We are not told that she was looking at Him.