ECT Kingdom Of God

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
I said
No He wasn't recognized until He showed them His hands and His side.

John 20:15
15 Jesus said to her, "Woman, why are you weeping? Whom are you seeking?" She, supposing Him to be the gardener, said to Him, "Sir, if You have carried Him away, tell me where You have laid Him, and I will take Him away."
(NKJ)

John 20:19-20
19 Then, the same day at evening, being the first day of the week, when the doors were shut where the disciples were assembled, for fear of the Jews, Jesus came and stood in the midst, and said to them, "Peace be with you."
20 Now when He had said this, He showed them His hands and His side. Then the disciples were glad when they saw the Lord.
(NKJ)
They didn't believe He was there in the flesh (actually there) until He showed them. This doesn't mean it wasn't really Him.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
I said
No He wasn't recognized until He showed them His hands and His side.

John 20:15
15 Jesus said to her, "Woman, why are you weeping? Whom are you seeking?" She, supposing Him to be the gardener, said to Him, "Sir, if You have carried Him away, tell me where You have laid Him, and I will take Him away."
(NKJ)

John 20:19-20
19 Then, the same day at evening, being the first day of the week, when the doors were shut where the disciples were assembled, for fear of the Jews, Jesus came and stood in the midst, and said to them, "Peace be with you."
20 Now when He had said this, He showed them His hands and His side. Then the disciples were glad when they saw the Lord.
(NKJ)
What kind of "recognized" do you mean? Do you mean it wasn't really Him? I believe it really was Him.

Here, further so you can answer and think about what it seems you might be saying.

You might be saying you believe Jesus had a new body but still with the wounds from His crucifixion. Do you believe this? And do you believe that in this scenario Jesus was a new person that had not been crucified (only that He only had the appearance of having been crucified?)?

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
I said
Your starting to struggle with your words. No one has ever said that it wasn't Him, where did you get that?
If they didn't recognize it was Him, as you say, does that mean it was not Him? No, it doesn't. It doesn't mean it was someone else.

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
What kind of "recognized" do you mean? Do you mean it wasn't really Him? I believe it really was Him.

Here, further so you can answer and think about what it seems you might be saying.

You might be saying you believe Jesus had a new body but still with the wounds from His crucifixion. Do you believe this? And do you believe that in this scenario Jesus was a new person that had not been crucified (only that He only had the appearance of having been crucified?)?

I said
Same Jesus different body.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
I said
Same Jesus different body.
You are saying Jesus became someone else or took on a different body while I am saying Jesus' body was no longer found and that He appeared (was visible in the flesh and was really there not a mere spirit) bodily resurrected (a physical resurrection) complete with the wounds He had sustained.

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
You are saying Jesus became someone else or took on a different body while I am saying Jesus' body was no longer found and that He appeared (was visible in the flesh and was really there not a mere spirit) bodily resurrected (a physical resurrection) complete with the wounds He had sustained.

I said
No. I'm saying Jesus was there in a different body. His old body went to dust. The same as our's is going to do.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
I said
Your just making this up as you go. I showed you this

(NKJ)
It wasn't a different body.

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
How would there be a new body with the wounds from the previous body? Remember, they recognized Him.

I said
They didn't recognize Him until He showed them the wounds. And think about this. If He can pick a new body He can certainly put the wounds in it. Once someone has been resurrected and are like the angels of heaven. Even the angels can pick what ever body they want.

Heb 13:2
2 Do not forget to entertain strangers, for by so doing some have unwittingly entertained angels.
(NKJ)

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
I said
They didn't recognize Him until He showed them the wounds. And think about this. If He can pick a new body He can certainly put the wounds in it. Once someone has been resurrected and are like the angels of heaven. Even the angels can pick what ever body they want.

Heb 13:2
2 Do not forget to entertain strangers, for by so doing some have unwittingly entertained angels.
(NKJ)
Can you list all the verses where Jesus appears to anyone after His resurrection so that we can see how many times He appeared to people and how many times it says He was not recognized immediately?

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
Can you list all the verses where Jesus appears to anyone after His resurrection so that we can see how many times He appeared to people and how many times it says He was not recognized immediately?

I said
That might take awhile. But my point is already made just by a few.