ECT Kingdom Of God

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
I said
If you don't know that then you haven't entered the kingdom yet.

Luke 17:20-21
20 Now when He was asked by the Pharisees when the kingdom of God would come, He answered them and said, "The kingdom of God does not come with observation;
21 "nor will they say, 'See here!' or 'See there!' For indeed, the kingdom of God is within you."
(NKJ)
If the kingdom is in your heart then why would you be entering it?

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
If the kingdom is in your heart then why would you be entering it?

I said
The kingdom is NOT in your heart. The heart is the intent of a thought in your mind.

Heb 4:12
12 For the word of God is living and powerful, and sharper than any two-edged sword, piercing even to the division of soul and spirit, and of joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart.
(NKJ)

Now we don't know the intent of every thought we get. So we need the Holy Spirit to quote us a verse to show us. We know the intent of the Holy Spirit. Our sanctification.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
I said
The kingdom is NOT in your heart. The heart is the intent of a thought in your mind.

Heb 4:12
12 For the word of God is living and powerful, and sharper than any two-edged sword, piercing even to the division of soul and spirit, and of joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart.
(NKJ)

Now we don't know the intent of every thought we get. So we need the Holy Spirit to quote us a verse to show us. We know the intent of the Holy Spirit. Our sanctification.
Just as you can think a thought in your mind, you can think a thought in your heart. That is, your heart can have a thought. But the kingdom of God is not about thoughts. You spoke of an inner man, and I responded with the idea that your heart is your innermost being.

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
Just as you can think a thought in your mind, you can think a thought in your heart. That is, your heart can have a thought. But the kingdom of God is not about thoughts. You spoke of an inner man, and I responded with the idea that your heart is your innermost being.

I said
I'm sorry but that isn't right.Your inner most being is your inner man which is your spirit and soul. Your spirit is the mind of your inner man. Your soul is the body of your inner man where affections come from.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
I said
I'm sorry but that isn't right.Your inner most being is your inner man which is your spirit and soul. Your spirit is the mind of your inner man. Your soul is the body of your inner man where affections come from.
I have a heart, mind, soul, spirit, and body.

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
I have a heart, mind, soul, spirit, and body.

I said
The heart in the Word is different than your carnal heart. You have a natural body and you have a spiritual body.

1 Cor 15:44
44 It is sown a natural body, it is raised a spiritual body. There is a natural body, and there is a spiritual body.
(NKJ)

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
I said
The heart in the Word is different than your carnal heart. You have a natural body and you have a spiritual body.

1 Cor 15:44
44 It is sown a natural body, it is raised a spiritual body. There is a natural body, and there is a spiritual body.
(NKJ)
I'm sorry, I do not believe I have already been given a resurrected glorified body.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
I said
No I'm saying I have the body that will be resurrected. It is the body of my inner man.
Do you know that there is not spiritual resurrection but there is bodily resurrection?

Do you know that glorification occurs when a person is physically resurrected?

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
Do you know that there is not spiritual resurrection but there is bodily resurrection?

Do you know that glorification occurs when a person is physically resurrected?

I said
I think you should read this.

1 Cor 15:42-46
42 So also is the resurrection of the dead. The body is sown in corruption, it is raised in incorruption.
43 It is sown in dishonor, it is raised in glory. It is sown in weakness, it is raised in power.
45 And so it is written, "The first man Adam became a living being." The last Adam became a life-giving spirit.
46 However, the spiritual is not first, but the natural, and afterward the spiritual.
(NKJ)

1 Cor 15:47-50
47 The first man was of the earth, made of dust; the second Man is the Lord from heaven.
48 As was the man of dust, so also are those who are made of dust; and as is the heavenly Man, so also are those who are heavenly.
49 And as we have borne the image of the man of dust, we shall also bear the image of the heavenly Man.
50 Now this I say, brethren, that flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom of God; nor does corruption inherit incorruption.
(NKJ)

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
I said
I think you should read this.

1 Cor 15:42-46
42 So also is the resurrection of the dead. The body is sown in corruption, it is raised in incorruption.
43 It is sown in dishonor, it is raised in glory. It is sown in weakness, it is raised in power.
45 And so it is written, "The first man Adam became a living being." The last Adam became a life-giving spirit.
46 However, the spiritual is not first, but the natural, and afterward the spiritual.
(NKJ)

1 Cor 15:47-50
47 The first man was of the earth, made of dust; the second Man is the Lord from heaven.
48 As was the man of dust, so also are those who are made of dust; and as is the heavenly Man, so also are those who are heavenly.
49 And as we have borne the image of the man of dust, we shall also bear the image of the heavenly Man.
50 Now this I say, brethren, that flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom of God; nor does corruption inherit incorruption.
(NKJ)
Jesus lived His life and died for us, completely innocent of all the charges against Him.

He rose from the dead never to die again.

When He rose would you say He rose bodily? Would you say this was physical resurrection?

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
Jesus lived His life and died for us, completely innocent of all the charges against Him.

He rose from the dead never to die again.

When He rose would you say He rose bodily? Would you say this was physical resurrection?

I said
Do you remember that after He had risen no one recognized Him. He was in a different body.

John 20:13-16
13 Then they said to her, "Woman, why are you weeping?" She said to them, "Because they have taken away my Lord, and I do not know where they have laid Him."
14 Now when she had said this, she turned around and saw Jesus standing there, and did not know that it was Jesus.
15 Jesus said to her, "Woman, why are you weeping? Whom are you seeking?" She, supposing Him to be the gardener, said to Him, "Sir, if You have carried Him away, tell me where You have laid Him, and I will take Him away."
16 Jesus said to her, "Mary!" She turned and said to Him, "Rabboni!" (which is to say, Teacher).
(NKJ)

John 21:4
4 But when the morning had now come, Jesus stood on the shore; yet the disciples did not know that it was Jesus.
(NKJ)

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
I said
Do you remember that after He had risen no one recognized Him. He was in a different body.

John 20:13-16
13 Then they said to her, "Woman, why are you weeping?" She said to them, "Because they have taken away my Lord, and I do not know where they have laid Him."
14 Now when she had said this, she turned around and saw Jesus standing there, and did not know that it was Jesus.
15 Jesus said to her, "Woman, why are you weeping? Whom are you seeking?" She, supposing Him to be the gardener, said to Him, "Sir, if You have carried Him away, tell me where You have laid Him, and I will take Him away."
16 Jesus said to her, "Mary!" She turned and said to Him, "Rabboni!" (which is to say, Teacher).
(NKJ)

John 21:4
4 But when the morning had now come, Jesus stood on the shore; yet the disciples did not know that it was Jesus.
(NKJ)
In both cases they didn't initially recognize Him but then they did.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
I said
After He spoke. They didn't recognize the body He was in. His other body I believe went back to dust just like ours is.
He was raised in a physical body and recognized, including the place where there were nails in His hands and feet (if they saw His feet) and where His side was pierced (all of these I believe?)!

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
He was raised in a physical body and recognized, including the place where there were nails in His hands and feet (if they saw His feet) and where His side was pierced (all of these I believe?)!

I said
No He wasn't recognized until He showed them His hands and His side.

John 20:15
(NKJ)

John 20:19-20
19 Then, the same day at evening, being the first day of the week, when the doors were shut where the disciples were assembled, for fear of the Jews, Jesus came and stood in the midst, and said to them, "Peace be with you."
20 Now when He had said this, He showed them His hands and His side. Then the disciples were glad when they saw the Lord.
(NKJ)