Kingdom gospel

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
EPO, keep working diligently on that, hard to achieve "Wit." However, let me warn ya ahead of time, it's more of a gift than an ability to achieve. Good luck, though.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
We mustn't be too hard on EPO though. Whereas most people achieve their goals, he appears to continue to be a "non-achiever?" And, he had so much going for him in the beginning? Although, for the life of me, I can't seem to remember a single thing he had going for him? Isn't that strange?

Ben Masada

The LORD Jesus amplified the law making it impossible to keep, unless you are baptized WITH the Holy Ghost.
And none of us are.

No, he did not! Not even a letter of the Law or the dot of a letter Jesus did not come to change but to confirm the original one until heavens and earth passed away. (Matthew 5:17-19) And the evidence we still have of his words is that heavens and earth are still in the sky to make life for us enjoyable.

Ben Masada

The ministry of Christ was a transition period away from the law and into grace. There are examples of him commanding law observance and sacrifice at the temple but there are even more examples of him commanding faith and love. Every miracle he performed required faith from Jew and Gentile alike so that should tell you what direction he was going and in 70AD the exclamation point was emphatically placed. The law is obsolete and any return to it in our day just turns into legalism. As far as I am concerned every sermon should be on grace, faith and love as one harmonious whole. Any presentation without love makes faith meaningless. Any presentation without grace turns into legalism. And any presentation without faith is just good news for someone else. Grace by faith expressed in love is the pure apostolic gospel.

James said that faith without the Law is no different from a body without the breath of life. "Dead" if you know what James meant. (James 2:26) All posters that uphold the views of Robert about the Law are putting their trust in a dead body.

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
The LORD Jesus amplified the law making it impossible to keep, unless you are baptized WITH the Holy Ghost.
And none of us are.

That is obvious.

Act 1:5 For John truly baptized with water; but ye shall be baptized with the Holy Ghost not many days hence.
Act 1:6 When they therefore were come together, they asked of him, saying, Lord, wilt thou at this time restore again the kingdom to Israel?
Act 1:7 And he said unto them, It is not for you to know the times or the seasons, which the Father hath put in his own power.
Act 1:8 But ye shall receive power, after that the Holy Ghost is come upon you: and ye shall be witnesses unto me both in Jerusalem, and in all Judaea, and in Samaria, and unto the uttermost part of the earth.