Justification by Faith Alone

beloved57

There is no such a thing as justification by faith alone because it would be akin to achieve justification from the dead. "Be assured then that faith without the works of the Law is as dead as a body without the breath of life." (James 2:26)

Those Christ died for are reconciled to God and made righteous solely by the obedience of Christ alone, the obedience of one Rom 5:10,19 !

OliviaM

BANNED
Banned
We are justified by faith alone because we are justified by Christ alone.

"To declare, I say, at this time HIS righteousness: that he might be just and the JUSTIFIER OF HIM that believes in Jesus" Romans 3:26.

Jesus justifies the ungodly. "But to him that does NO WORKS, but believes on him that justifies the ungody, his faith is counted for righteousness, Romans 4:5.

Justification takes place totally and completely outside of us. We had nothing, absolutly nothing to do with our salvation or our justification. All that God asks us to do is to believe on his Son Jesus Christ, Plus nothing.

The reason that we are justified by faith alone, is because Jesus in our name and on our behalf has offered to God the Father a life of perfect obedience to his Holy Law. It was his life that was lived for our justification.

That was not enough. Something had to be done about our sins. "For he has made him to be sin for us, who knew no sin, that we might be made the righteousness of God in him" 2 Corinthians 5:21. Jesus in our name and on our behalf becomes our sin bearer. Not only for our sins but the sins of the whole world, 1 John 2:2.

God now sees ALL THINGS in his Son Jesus Christ. Jesus is God's new Adam and our new humanity, 2 Corinthians 5:17. All that have come to Christ as repentant sinners to be saved by Christ are in Christ. They have been sealed with the Holy Spirit, Ephesians 1:13 and are in Christ and Christ is in heaven, Colossians 3:3.

What does all of this mean? It means that salvation is by faith and by faith alone. It also means that all religions that are trying to be saved either by works, predestination, or whatever are false.

You miss understand. You have to have faith in the knowledge that doing good will be rewarded even though it sure doesn't seem like it. Faith in magic does not save at all.

You must do good to be good. It is just that simple.

People who say faith only are often people who like to be bad, but justify their bad behavior by saying it doesn't matter.

It does matter. It is exactly what matters most.

meshak

BANNED
Banned
You miss understand. You have to have faith in the knowledge that doing good will be rewarded even though it sure doesn't seem like it. Faith in magic does not save at all.

People who say faith only are often people who like to be bad, but justify their bad behavior by saying it doesn't matter.

Yes:)

Robert Pate

Banned

If that were true the thief on the cross could not have been saved.

God's Truth

If that were true the thief on the cross could not have been saved.

How many times do you have to be told that the thief obeyed?

How many times do you have to see the scriptures but still deny them?

The thief on the cross feared God and was sorry for his sins, and he acknowledged Jesus before others, and he called on Jesus to remember him when he got to his kingdom.

You are as a brainwashed robot that cannot think for himself. You only repeat what false teachers taught you.

Robert Pate

Banned
How many times do you have to be told that the thief obeyed?

How many times do you have to see the scriptures but still deny them?

The thief on the cross feared God and was sorry for his sins, and he acknowledged Jesus before others, and he called on Jesus to remember him when he got to his kingdom.

You are as a brainwashed robot that cannot think for himself. You only repeat what false teachers taught you.

The thief on the cross was a condemned sinner.

He never taught a sunday school class, nor did he ever do any kind of good works. He was a thief.

All that he said to Jesus was... "Remember me when you come into your Kingdom".

Nothing was said about him being sorry for his sins.

God's Truth

The thief on the cross was a condemned sinner.

He never taught a sunday school class, nor did he ever do any kind of good works. He was a thief.

All that he said to Jesus was... "Remember me when you come into your Kingdom".

Nothing was said about him being sorry for his sins.

Our works are to do what Jesus says. Jesus says fear God, humble yourself, repent, forgive, and call on him.

Those are works. They are light, easy, and not burdensome.

You cannot be saved unless you believe and obey Jesus.

One of the criminals who hung there hurled insults at him: “Aren’t you the Christ? Save yourself and us!” Luke 23:39. But the other criminal rebuked him. “Don’t you fear God,” he said,

God accepts those who FEAR HIM.

See Acts 10:35.

“since you are under the same sentence? We are punished justly, for we are getting what our deeds deserve.

The thief HUMBLED HIMSELF AND WAS SORRY FOR HIS. We have to humble ourselves to be saved.

Matthew 18:3 And he said: "Truly I tell you, unless you change and become like little children, you will never enter the kingdom of heaven.

But this man has done nothing wrong.”

The thief acknowledged Jesus before others.

Luke 12:8 "I tell you, whoever publicly acknowledges me before others, the Son of Man will also acknowledge before the angels of God.

Then he said, “Jesus, remember me when you come into your kingdom.”

Acts 2:21 And everyone who calls on the name of the Lord will be saved.'

Luke 23:40-43. Jesus answered him, “I tell you the truth, today you will be with me in paradise.”

Robert Pate

Banned
Our works are to do what Jesus says. Jesus says fear God, humble yourself, repent, forgive, and call on him.

Those are works. They are light, easy, and not burdensome.

You cannot be saved unless you believe and obey Jesus.

One of the criminals who hung there hurled insults at him: “Aren’t you the Christ? Save yourself and us!” Luke 23:39. But the other criminal rebuked him. “Don’t you fear God,” he said,

God accepts those who FEAR HIM.

See Acts 10:35.

“since you are under the same sentence? We are punished justly, for we are getting what our deeds deserve.

The thief HUMBLED HIMSELF AND WAS SORRY FOR HIS. We have to humble ourselves to be saved.

Matthew 18:3 And he said: "Truly I tell you, unless you change and become like little children, you will never enter the kingdom of heaven.

But this man has done nothing wrong.”

The thief acknowledged Jesus before others.

Luke 12:8 "I tell you, whoever publicly acknowledges me before others, the Son of Man will also acknowledge before the angels of God.

Then he said, “Jesus, remember me when you come into your kingdom.”

Acts 2:21 And everyone who calls on the name of the Lord will be saved.'

Luke 23:40-43. Jesus answered him, “I tell you the truth, today you will be with me in paradise.”

Calling on the name of the Lord to save you is an act of faith. The thief on the cross was justified by faith apart from any works of the law.

God's Truth

Calling on the name of the Lord to save you is an act of faith. The thief on the cross was justified by faith apart from any works of the law.

I think you know you are in deep trouble.

Just look at what you posted. You said from any works of the law...

Jesus taught the new law. hahahahahahahaha

You have to obey Jesus to be saved...now stay with it.

Robert Pate

Banned
I think you know you are in deep trouble.

Just look at what you posted. You said from any works of the law...

Jesus taught the new law. hahahahahahahaha

You have to obey Jesus to be saved...now stay with it.

No one will be saved by obeying Jesus simply because no one can obey Jesus.

No one can do or keep the commandments.

You are a hypocrite with an evil heart.

The commandments and the law are spiritual. They search the desires and the intent of the heart, Hebrews 4:12.

Do you really think that you can stand before a Holy God in your own righteousness? You will perish in the twinkling of an eye.

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
Do you really think that you can stand before a Holy God in your own righteousness?

Little children, let no one deceive you. He who practices righteousness is righteous, just as He is righteous. (1 John 3:7 NKJV)​

Robert Pate

Banned
Little children, let no one deceive you. He who practices righteousness is righteous, just as He is righteous. (1 John 3:7 NKJV)​

The only thing that is going to pass in the judgment is the righteousness of Christ.

If you are not found to be "In Christ" in the judgment you will perish.

To be "In Christ" means that you are trusting in His life, His death, His resurrection for your salvation and not yourself.

Robert Pate

Banned

There are two kinds of righteousness.

There is the righteousness of man and there is the righteousness of God.

The righteousness of man does not save, simply because all men are sinners, Romans 3:10 and Romans 3:23.

The righteousness of man fails to reach the standards of the righteousness of God. This is why the righteous man needs a savior just like the sinful man.