Justification by Faith Alone

Robert Pate

Banned
Salvation is wide open today! Anyone and everyone can be saved by trusting the Lord believing the preaching of the cross (1 Corinthians 15:1-4 KJV) as God was in Christ, RECONCILING THE WORLD unto Himself, not imputing their trespasses unto them!

2 Corinthians 5:19 To wit, that God was in Christ, reconciling the world unto himself, not imputing their trespasses unto them; and hath committed unto us the word of reconciliation.

Wrong dividing Calvinists worship an impotent god: unable to save the world by the faith and cross work of Christ.

Excellent post.

aikido7

BANNED
Banned
The fact that Christ was going to die "for our sins" was a mystery then. Of course, it was not spoken of!...

He freely offered salvation to others--and granted it--long before he went to Jerusalem for the last time.

Most Christians, in my opinion, seem to view Jesus through the interpretive lens of the Gospel of John. He saw Jesus as the sinless, unblemished Lamb of God which was killed for all humankind. John was so intent on this view that he moved the day of Jesus's death back 24 hours to the Day of Preparation, when the lambs were slaughtered for the next day's Passover holiday.

Mark, Luke and Matthew assert he died on Passover.

Ancient Jews used to pick a goat, "spit their sins" onto the animal and drive it out into the wilderness with reeds. This is where we get the concept of "scapegoating."

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
No, our only obedience is the obedience of faith when we believe.

Faith is demonstrated by action. Only believers in God and Christ are rewarded for their actions. Jesus is not judging unbelievers.

We are called to be priests to God and to Christ. Priests serve, meaning they do stuff and are judged accordingly.

Salvation does not mean retirement.

Robert Pate

Banned
Faith is demonstrated by action. Only believers in God and Christ are rewarded for their actions. Jesus is not judging unbelievers.

We are called to be priests to God and to Christ. Priests serve, meaning they do stuff and are judged accordingly.

Salvation does not mean retirement.

It means retirement from religion.

"For he that has entered into his rest, he also has ceased from his own works, as God did from his" Hebrews 4:10.

We now rest in Christ work and have no faith in our works.

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
We now rest in Christ work and have no faith in our works.

Paul and the other apostles had no faith in their works yet they preached the gospel. How come they didn't rest in Christ's work.

For we are His workmanship, created in Christ Jesus for good works, which God prepared beforehand that we should walk in them. (Ephesians 2:10 NKJV)​

Aimiel

It is only God's Grace that saves us, through faith in His Word: Jesus, Who is Christ. It isn't even OUR faith.

For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:

He gives us the faith to believe Him with. We have NOTHING to boast about, except Him.

beloved57

It is only God's Grace that saves us, through faith in His Word: Jesus, Who is Christ. It isn't even OUR faith.

For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:

He gives us the faith to believe Him with. We have NOTHING to boast about, except Him.

Do you believe that those Christ died for are Justified from all their sins even while they are enemies and unbelievers, based solely on His Death for them?

Robert Pate

Banned
Paul and the other apostles had no faith in their works yet they preached the gospel. How come they didn't rest in Christ's work.

For we are His workmanship, created in Christ Jesus for good works, which God prepared beforehand that we should walk in them. (Ephesians 2:10 NKJV)​

To believe the Gospel is to rest in the work of Christ.

Jesus has done it all and he did it perfectly.

aikido7

BANNED
Banned
The confusion of faith with works is from Paul, and more importantly, from Martin Luther's and St. Augustine's interpretation of Paul.

And the fact that some of his letters are actually forgeries makes the detective work for historians difficult.

This new book sums up the history of Christian exploration of Paul. It is not an easy read, simply because the author packs so much information in every one of his paragraphs. I have found it more useful to dip in occasionally and sample a thought or a tradition. After I first read it, my head was full of confusion. I often don't pay close attention the first time I read a book about Christianity. It's like a bag of onion-flavored potato chips to me. I gobble it down in record time and don't retain much of it on the first try.

http://www.amazon.com/Real-Paul-Rec...9&sr=1-1&keywords=the+real+paul+bernard+scott

aikido7

BANNED
Banned
You go Meshak. Go anywhere except here on TOL. Perhaps the
Himalayas? Don't forget to drop us a postcard though.
Her insistence of taking Jesus at his word disturbs many fundamentalist, evangelical traditional Christians.

In my opinion, Jesus was meant to disturb us. His parables totally overturn the conventional wisdom of his own day and ours.

It's not a bed of roses to be a Christian today.

Robert Pate

Banned
Then why did he instruct his disciples to "go therefore and make disciples of all the nations"?

Thats the good news of the Gospel.

Religion is worthless because Jesus has done it all and he did it perfectly.

Paul said, "And you are complete in him" Colossians 2:10.

beloved57

Thats the good news of the Gospel.

Religion is worthless because Jesus has done it all and he did it perfectly.

Paul said, "And you are complete in him" Colossians 2:10.

You teach that millions for whom Christ died shall wind up in hell lost in their sins!

Ben Masada

Justification by Faith Alone

There is no such a thing as justification by faith alone because it would be akin to achieve justification from the dead. "Be assured then that faith without the works of the Law is as dead as a body without the breath of life." (James 2:26)