Judged By Works-Works Prove Your Faith

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
Thank you, but what of other sacred texts?

Sent from my Alcatel_6055U using Tapatalk

I said
Do you ever just randomly get a verse come to remembrance? If so that is the Holy Spirit trying to teach you something. He will never work through your emotions, He will never be pushy. Its all done gently.

James 3:17
17 But the wisdom that is from above is first pure, then peaceable, gentle, willing to yield, full of mercy and good fruits, without partiality and without hypocrisy.
(NKJ)

popsthebuilder

I said
Do you ever just randomly get a verse come to remembrance? If so that is the Holy Spirit trying to teach you something. He will never work through your emotions, He will never be pushy. Its all done gently.

James 3:17
17But the wisdom that is from above is first pure, then peaceable, gentle, willing to yield, full of mercy and good fruits, without partiality and without hypocrisy.
(NKJ)
But when you say emotions you mean the negative ones
So what of the other ones? Does the Holy Spirit (in your case) cause the possitive emotions or affections when particular verses come into mind for you? I personally find it exceedingly moving at times when a thing resonates with me on an inner level.

Could you answer me in regards to other sacred scriptures not within Christianity, but that convey the same message?

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
So what of the other ones? Does the Holy Spirit (in your case) cause the possitive emotions or affections when particular verses come into mind for you? I personally find it exceedingly moving at times when a thing resonates with me on an inner level.

Could you answer me in regards to other sacred scriptures not within Christianity, but that convey the same message?

I said
I think you misunderstand. All emotions are unclean spirits. All affections are from your soul, your sold is the body of your inner man.
AFFECTIONS (CALM DELIGHT JOY,SHAME,WEEPING,Pity ADORN OR SADNESS AND COMPASSION) (NO DESIRE OR NEED)
(FROM YOUR SOUL, YOUR INNER MAN)
Phil 2:1-2
1 Therefore if there is any consolation in Christ, if any comfort of love, if any fellowship of the Spirit, if any affection and mercy,
2 fulfill my joy by being like-minded, having the same love, being of one accord, of one mind.
Col 3:12-14
12 Therefore, as the elect of God, holy and beloved, put on tender mercies, kindness, humility, meekness, longsuffering;
13 bearing with one another, and forgiving one another, if anyone has a complaint against another; even as Christ forgave you, so you also must do.
14 But above all these things put on love, which is the bond of perfection.
Phile 1:7
7 For we have great joy and consolation in your love, because the hearts of the saints have been refreshed by you, brother.
2 Cor 6:12
12 You are not restricted by us, but you are restricted by your own passions.
1Thes 2:4-8
4 But as we have been approved by God to be entrusted with the gospel, even so we speak, not as pleasing men, but God who tests our hearts.
5 For neither at any time did we use flattering words, as you know, nor a cloak for covetousness-- God is witness.
6 Nor did we seek glory from men, either from you or from others, when we might have made demands as apostles of Christ.
7 But we were gentle among you, just as a nursing mother cherishes her own children.
8 So, affectionately longing for you, we were well pleased to impart to you not only the gospel of God, but also our own lives, because you had become dear to us.
Rom 12:10-13
10 Be kindly affectionate to one another with brotherly love, in honor giving preference to one another;
11 not lagging in diligence, fervent in spirit, serving the Lord;
12 rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly in prayer;
13 distributing to the needs of the saints, given to hospitality.
Col 3:5
5 Therefore put to death your members which are on the earth: fornication, uncleanness, passion, evil desire, and covetousness, which is idolatry.
Phil 1:2-8
2 Grace to you and peace from God our Father and the Lord Jesus Christ.
3 I thank my God upon every remembrance of you,
4 always in every prayer of mine making request for you all with joy,
5 for your fellowship in the gospel from the first day until now,
6 being confident of this very thing, that He who has begun a good work in you will complete it until the day of Jesus Christ;
7 just as it is right for me to think this of you all, because I have you in my heart, inasmuch as both in my chains and in the defense and confirmation of the gospel, you all are partakers with me of grace.
8 For God is my witness, how greatly I long for you all with the affection of Jesus Christ.
John 11:35
35 Jesus wept.
Luke 19:41
41 Now as He drew near, He saw the city and wept over it,
Rom 12:15
15 Rejoice with those who rejoice, and weep with those who weep.
John 20:11
11 But Mary stood outside by the tomb weeping, and as she wept she stooped down and looked into the tomb.
Mark 14:72
72 And a second time the rooster crowed. Then Peter called to mind the word that Jesus had said to him, "Before the rooster crows twice, you will deny Me three times." And when he thought about it, he wept.
2 Tim 1:1-5
1 Paul, an apostle of Jesus Christ by the will of God, according to the promise of life which is in Christ Jesus,
2 To Timothy, a beloved son: Grace, mercy, and peace from God the Father and Christ Jesus our Lord.
3 I thank God, whom I serve with a pure conscience, as my forefathers did, as without ceasing I remember you in my prayers night and day,
4 greatly desiring to see you, being mindful of your tears, that I may be filled with joy,
5 when I call to remembrance the genuine faith that is in you, which dwelt first in your grandmother Lois and your mother Eunice, and I am persuaded is in you also.
(NKJ)
xxx You have an inner man, and an outer person. Your inner man is your spirit and soul. Your spirit is the mind of your inner man and your soul is the body of your inner man. Affections come from your soul. Your outer person is where all other spirits dwell. Your guardian angel, the devil, your emotions(unclean spirits) and even the Holy Spirit. When you think- your inner man is listening to everybody elses opinions inside yourself. And your inner man makes a choice of which one to follow.

2 Tim 3:1-5

1 This know also, that in the last days perilous times shall come.
2 For men shall be lovers of their own selves, covetous, boasters, proud, blasphemers, disobedient to parents, unthankful, unholy,
3 Without natural affection, trucebreakers, false accusers, incontinent, fierce, despisers of those that are good,
4 Traitors, heady, highminded, lovers of pleasures more than lovers of God;
5 Having a form of godliness, but denying the power thereof: from such turn away.
(KJV)

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned

I said
It would really help you understand if you scrolled back through the pages and found the revelations on "Inner Man" and "Outer person".

popsthebuilder

I said
It would really help you understand if you scrolled back through the pages and found the revelations on "Inner Man" and "Outer person".
Please do not assume my confusion or lack of knowledge pertaining to the topics at hand.

I am not confused and would appreciate your opinion on sacred texts of other religions. Do you think the Holy Spirit is in those pages as well? I am not confused as to what is emotion and what is affection. I am not confused as to what bad spirits consist of.

I understand how to distinguish between wants of self and the desire to do what is right regardless of self.

Your words are inspiring as usual, but you still aren't answering my question.
Would you please?

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
Please do not assume my confusion or lack of knowledge pertaining to the topics at hand.

I am not confused and would appreciate your opinion on sacred texts of other religions. Do you think the Holy Spirit is in those pages as well? I am not confused as to what is emotion and what is affection. I am not confused as to what bad spirits consist of.

I understand how to distinguish between wants of self and the desire to do what is right regardless of self.

Your words are inspiring as usual, but you still aren't answering my question.
Would you please?

I said
I don't read other religions texts. I only read the bible. Now I started out with the KJV, I found the Holy Spirit in there. The Holy Spirit took me over to the NKJV. I found Him in there. I tried some other bibles and never found Him.

popsthebuilder

I said
I don't read other religions texts. I only read the bible. Now I started out with the KJV, I found the Holy Spirit in there. The Holy Spirit took me over to the NKJV. I found Him in there. I tried some other bibles and never found Him.
I'm going to ask, but don't feel obligated to answer; why have you not inquired of other sacred writings. Surely you are aware that there is but one Creator GOD and that we are to fear no thing but the judgement of our own actions by GOD.

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
I'm going to ask, but don't feel obligated to answer; why have you not inquired of other sacred writings. Surely you are aware that there is but one Creator GOD and that we are to fear no thing but the judgement of our own actions by GOD.

I said
Because of the rules of believing that the Holy Spirit put me under. Don't even think beyond what is written. And don't add one thing to the verses or take one thing away from the verses.

1 Cor 4:6
6 Now these things, brethren, I have figuratively transferred to myself and Apollos for your sakes, that you may learn in us not to think beyond what is written, that none of you may be puffed up on behalf of one against the other.
(NKJ)

Rev 22:18-19
18 For I testify to everyone who hears the words of the prophecy of this book: If anyone adds to these things, God will add to him the plagues that are written in this book;
19 and if anyone takes away from the words of the book of this prophecy, God shall take away his part from the Book of Life, from the holy city, and from the things which are written in this book.
(NKJ)

Heb 4:12-13
12 For the word of God is living and powerful, and sharper than any two-edged sword, piercing even to the division of soul and spirit, and of joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart.
13 And there is no creature hidden from His sight, but all things are naked and open to the eyes of Him to whom we must give account.
(NKJ)

drbrumley

You must understand that you cannot save yourself by your efforts. The Bible is very clear that it's "not by works of righteousness which we have done, but according to His mercy He saved us" (Titus 3:5).

Again, "By grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: not of works, lest any man should boast" (Ephesians 2:8-9).

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
You must understand that you cannot save yourself by your efforts. The Bible is very clear that it's "not by works of righteousness which we have done, but according to His mercy He saved us" (Titus 3:5).

Again, "By grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: not of works, lest any man should boast" (Ephesians 2:8-9).

I said
Faith alone will not do it. You must have works.
Faith-Works-Love (By Themselves they are only principles) But together they are righteousness.

People are trying to make a conclusion out of pieces and parts. It cant be done. Faith alone won't get you to heaven. Works alone won't get you to heaven. Love alone won't get you to heaven. That is the only conclusion.

XXX If all you have to present to God is faith, YOU ARE NOTHING.
1 Cor 13:1-2

1 Though I speak with the tongues of men and of angels, but have not love, I have become sounding brass or a clanging cymbal.
2 And though I have the gift of prophecy, and understand all mysteries and all knowledge, and though I have all faith, so that I could remove mountains, but have not love, I am nothing.
James 2:14
14 What does it profit, my brethren, if someone says he has faith but does not have works? Can faith save him?
James 2:17-18
17 Thus also faith by itself, if it does not have works, is dead.
18 But someone will say, "You have faith, and I have works." Show me your faith without your works, and I will show you my faith by my works.
James 2:24
24 You see then that a man is justified by works, and not by faith only.
James 2:26
26 For as the body without the spirit is dead, so faith without works is dead also.
Rom 16:26
26 but now has been made manifest, and by the prophetic Scriptures has been made known to all nations, according to the commandment of the everlasting God, for obedience to the faith--
(NKJ)

XXX You are saved by grace through faith. But that is NOT SALVATION.

Eph 2:8
8 For by grace you have been saved through faith, and that not of yourselves; it is the gift of God,
(NKJ)

Luke 6:32-33
32 "But if you love those who love you, what credit is that to you? For even sinners love those who love them.
33 "And if you do good to those who do good to you, what credit is that to you? For even sinners do the same.
(NKJ)

xxx Some stand on faith and some stand on works and some stand on love. They are all principles, they have to be together. So many on here are argueing just one point or part of a whole. You need to understand. Faith without works or love is dead. Works without faith or love is vanity. Love without faith or works is useless. Love is NOT AN EMOTION. Love is an action.

So many are running on blind faith. They dont even know what faith is. In reality their useing trust as faith. Their different. Your faith should be in what is written, all of it. But faith alone will NOT get you to heaven. Works alone will NOT get you to heaven. Love alone will not get you to heaven. What you need is the true faith in the Word of God. If you have the true faith in the Word of God you would try your best to do the works that are in the Word. Now love is NOT a feeling but an action. And the only way to learn what Godly love is would be tod do the works. That is how you learn what love is by trying to do the works. In the Word that you have put your faith in.

Rom 5:1-4
1 Therefore, having been justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ,
2 through whom also we have access by faith into this grace in which we stand, and rejoice in hope of the glory of God.
3 And not only that, but we also glory in tribulations, knowing that tribulation produces perseverance;
4 and perseverance, character; and character, hope.
Eph 2:18-20
18 For through Him we both have access by one Spirit to the Father.
19 Now, therefore, you are no longer strangers and foreigners, but fellow citizens with the saints and members of the household of God,
20 having been built on the foundation of the apostles and prophets, Jesus Christ Himself being the chief corner stone,
Eph 3:12
12 in whom we have boldness and access with confidence through faith in Him.
(NKJ)

If you don't have the works of obeying the commandments they your a liar when you say you are saved.

I Jn 2:4-5
4 He who says, "I know Him," and does not keep His commandments, is a liar, and the truth is not in him.
5 But whoever keeps His word, truly the love of God is perfected in him. By this we know that we are in Him.
(NKJ)

drbrumley

I said
Faith alone will not do it. You must have works.
Faith-Works-Love (By Themselves they are only principles) But together they are righteousness.

People are trying to make a conclusion out of pieces and parts. It cant be done. Faith alone won't get you to heaven. Works alone won't get you to heaven. Love alone won't get you to heaven. That is the only conclusion.

You do not keep the commandments of God in order to be saved; you keep the commandments of God because you are saved.

clefty

You do not keep the commandments of God in order to be saved; you keep the commandments of God because you are saved.

Well, you should want to try at least...and all of them all the time...not just some or just sometimes...

For instance the Sabbath I don't keep it...I like to think it keeps me...I don't make it Holy, it already is...It helps me to be holy...(you know pointing to Him)

But yes His yoke is easy...and marks us as His useful for Him His work...we are grateful we are bought and owned by such a Master...

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned

I said
Do you really believe that??? I keep His commandments because of the fear of God in me.

Luke 1:50
50 And His mercy is on those who fear Him from generation to generation.
(NKJ)

Luke 12:4-5
4 "And I say to you, My friends, do not be afraid of those who kill the body, and after that have no more that they can do.
5 "But I will show you whom you should fear: Fear Him who, after He has killed, has power to cast into hell; yes, I say to you, fear Him!
(NKJ)

Tnkrbl123!

I said
You cant come up with a conclusion based on one verse. A verse is a principle. It takes more principles to make a conclusion.
But even in your one verse it says" if anyone hears My word"
Then you have context, context, context.

John 5:22-25
22 "For the Father judges no one, but has committed all judgment to the Son,
23 "that all should honor the Son just as they honor the Father. He who does not honor the Son does not honor the Father who sent Him.
24 "Most assuredly, I say to you, he who hears My word and believes in Him who sent Me has everlasting life, and shall not come into judgment, but has passed from death into life.
25 "Most assuredly, I say to you, the hour is coming, and now is, when the dead will hear the voice of the Son of God; and those who hear will live.
(NKJ)

John 14:15
15 "If you love Me, keep My commandments.
(NKJ)

John 14:21
21 "He who has My commandments and keeps them, it is he who loves Me. And he who loves Me will be loved by My Father, and I will love him and manifest Myself to him."
(NKJ)

John 15:10
10 "If you keep My commandments, you will abide in My love, just as I have kept My Father's commandments and abide in His love.
(NKJ)

You literally just one radiated yourself and if your so called revelations were actually from God they would NOT CONTRADICT. here you say everything about context, context, context but then you have a whole thread that said "The Bible is written out of context." The second is obviously false because it's just a ridiculous notion but you say is also from God. But God cannot Co traditional Himself

Tnkrbl123!

I said
Do you really believe that??? I keep His commandments because of the fear of God in me.

Luke 1:50
50 And His mercy is on those who fear Him from generation to generation.
(NKJ)

Luke 12:4-5
4 "And I say to you, My friends, do not be afraid of those who kill the body, and after that have no more that they can do.
5 "But I will show you whom you should fear: Fear Him who, after He has killed, has power to cast into hell; yes, I say to you, fear Him!
(NKJ)

Your fear of God must not be too strong to blatantly lie like that. You do NOT keep the cost, many men's be a useful Resort elation 22:18-19 says DO NOT ADD TO THE BIBLE..... BUT then you post all this nonsense of revelations that you claim are from Jesus that are not in the Bible! That's the problem with not telling the truth and not having a good memory.... you forget all of the lies and eventually contradict yourself. If you always tell the truth you never have to remember what you said... but if you lie then don't vomit so many threads because you are going to eventually say things that contradict

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
You literally just one radiated yourself and if your so called revelations were actually from God they would NOT CONTRADICT. here you say everything about context, context, context but then you have a whole thread that said "The Bible is written out of context." The second is obviously false because it's just a ridiculous notion but you say is also from God. But God cannot Co traditional Himself

I said
Ok all kidding aside. Please be more specific. I have no idea of what you are saying.

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
Your fear of God must not be too strong to blatantly lie like that. You do NOT keep the cost, many men's be a useful Resort elation 22:18-19 says DO NOT ADD TO THE BIBLE..... BUT then you post all this nonsense of revelations that you claim are from Jesus that are not in the Bible! That's the problem with not telling the truth and not having a good memory.... you forget all of the lies and eventually contradict yourself. If you always tell the truth you never have to remember what you said... but if you lie then don't vomit so many threads because you are going to eventually say things that contradict

I said
I really don't have any idea of what your trying to say. Can you be more specific?

popsthebuilder

I agree with you here squeaky. It is repeatedly stated in multiple forms and scriptures that we will all be judged according to our works.

Do you agree that good works are a product of effectual faith?

I've probably already asked you that. Maybe even in this thread. If so I apologise.

What about effort being representative of actualized, GOD given potential?

Just conversing; not really looking to debate, or fight or what have you.

peace

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
I agree with you here squeaky. It is repeatedly stated in multiple forms and scriptures that we will all be judged according to our works.

Do you agree that good works are a product of effectual faith?

I've probably already asked you that. Maybe even in this thread. If so I apologise.

What about effort being representative of actualized, GOD given potential?

Just conversing; not really looking to debate, or fight or what have you.

peace

I said
lol Its ok its a bit refreshing to hear a question out of someone. Usually that just try attacking me.
But to be honest I don't know what effectual faith is. Could you explain what you mean by that?