Judged By Works-Works Prove Your Faith

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
JUDGED ACCORDING TO YOUR WORKS--Works Prove Your Faith

James 2:24
24 You see then that a man is justified by works, and not by faith only.
James 2:20-21
20 But do you want to know, O foolish man, that faith without works is dead?
21 Was not Abraham our father justified by works when he offered Isaac his son on the altar?
James 2:17-18
17 Thus also faith by itself, if it does not have works, is dead.
18 But someone will say, "You have faith, and I have works." Show me your faith without your works, and I will show you my faith by my works.
James 2:22
22 Do you see that faith was working together with his works, and by works faith was made perfect?
James 2:26
26 For as the body without the spirit is dead, so faith without works is dead also.
1 Cor 15:58
58 Therefore, my beloved brethren, be steadfast, immovable, always abounding in the work of the Lord, knowing that your labor is not in vain in the Lord.
James 1:23-25
23 For if anyone is a hearer of the word and not a doer, he is like a man observing his natural face in a mirror;
24 for he observes himself, goes away, and immediately forgets what kind of man he was.
25 But he who looks into the perfect law of liberty and continues in it, and is not a forgetful hearer but a doer of the work, this one will be blessed in what he does.
Gal 5:22-25
22 But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, kindness, goodness, faithfulness,
23 gentleness, self-control. Against such there is no law.
24 And those who are Christ's have crucified the flesh with its passions and desires.
25 If we live in the Spirit, let us also walk in the Spirit.

1 Cor 3:9-16
9 For we are God's fellow workers; you are God's field, you are God's building.
10 According to the grace of God which was given to me, as a wise master builder I have laid the foundation, and another builds on it. But let each one take heed how he builds on it.
11 For no other foundation can anyone lay than that which is laid, which is Jesus Christ.
12 Now if anyone builds on this foundation with gold, silver, precious stones, wood, hay, straw,
13 each one's work will become clear; for the Day will declare it, because it will be revealed by fire; and the fire will test each one's work, of what sort it is.
14 If anyone's work which he has built on it endures, he will receive a reward.
15 If anyone's work is burned, he will suffer loss; but he himself will be saved, yet so as through fire.
16 Do you not know that you are the temple of God and that the Spirit of God dwells in you?
1 Tim 5:24-25
24 Some men's sins are clearly evident, preceding them to judgment, but those of some men follow later.
25 Likewise, the good works of some are clearly evident, and those that are otherwise cannot be hidden.
Titus 3:14
14 And let our people also learn to maintain good works, to meet urgent needs, that they may not be unfruitful.
Heb 6:1
1 Therefore, leaving the discussion of the elementary principles of Christ, let us go on to perfection, not laying again the foundation of repentance from dead works and of faith toward God,
Heb 10:24
24 And let us consider one another in order to stir up love and good works,
James 2:14
14 What does it profit, my brethren, if someone says he has faith but does not have works? Can faith save him?
James 2:17
James 2:18
18 But someone will say, "You have faith, and I have works." Show me your faith without your works, and I will show you my faith by my works.
James 2:19-20
19 You believe that there is one God. You do well. Even the demons believe-- and tremble!
20 But do you want to know, O foolish man, that faith without works is dead?
26 For as the body without the spirit is dead, so faith without works is dead also.
Matt 6:1-8
1 "Take heed that you do not do your charitable deeds before men, to be seen by them. Otherwise you have no reward from your Father in heaven.
2 "Therefore, when you do a charitable deed, do not sound a trumpet before you as the hypocrites do in the synagogues and in the streets, that they may have glory from men. Assuredly, I say to you, they have their reward.
3 "But when you do a charitable deed, do not let your left hand know what your right hand is doing,
4 "that your charitable deed may be in secret; and your Father who sees in secret will Himself reward you openly.
5 "And when you pray, you shall not be like the hypocrites. For they love to pray standing in the synagogues and on the corners of the streets, that they may be seen by men. Assuredly, I say to you, they have their reward.
6 "But you, when you pray, go into your room, and when you have shut your door, pray to your Father who is in the secret place; and your Father who sees in secret will reward you openly.
7 "And when you pray, do not use vain repetitions as the heathen do. For they think that they will be heard for their many words.
8 "Therefore do not be like them. For your Father knows the things you have need of before you ask Him.

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
Matt 25:33-46
33 "And He will set the sheep on His right hand, but the goats on the left.
34 "Then the King will say to those on His right hand, 'Come, you blessed of My Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world:
35 'for I was hungry and you gave Me food; I was thirsty and you gave Me drink; I was a stranger and you took Me in;
36 'I was naked and you clothed Me; I was sick and you visited Me; I was in prison and you came to Me.'
37 "Then the righteous will answer Him, saying, 'Lord, when did we see You hungry and feed You, or thirsty and give You drink?
38 'When did we see You a stranger and take You in, or naked and clothe You?
39 'Or when did we see You sick, or in prison, and come to You?'
40 "And the King will answer and say to them, 'Assuredly, I say to you, inasmuch as you did it to one of the least of these My brethren, you did it to Me.'
41 "Then He will also say to those on the left hand, 'Depart from Me, you cursed, into the everlasting fire prepared for the devil and his angels:
42 'for I was hungry and you gave Me no food; I was thirsty and you gave Me no drink;
43 'I was a stranger and you did not take Me in, naked and you did not clothe Me, sick and in prison and you did not visit Me.'
44 "Then they also will answer Him, saying, 'Lord, when did we see You hungry or thirsty or a stranger or naked or sick or in prison, and did not minister to You?'
45 "Then He will answer them, saying, 'Assuredly, I say to you, inasmuch as you did not do it to one of the least of these, you did not do it to Me.'
46 "And these will go away into everlasting punishment, but the righteous into eternal life."
1 Pet 4:6
6 For this reason the gospel was preached also to those who are dead, that they might be judged according to men in the flesh, but live according to God in the spirit.
Rev 20:12
12 And I saw the dead, small and great, standing before God, and books were opened. And another book was opened, which is the Book of Life. And the dead were judged according to their works, by the things which were written in the books.
Matt 16:27-28
27 "For the Son of Man will come in the glory of His Father with His angels, and then He will reward each according to his works.
28 "Assuredly, I say to you, there are some standing here who shall not taste death till they see the Son of Man coming in His kingdom."
(NKJ)

We will be judged by our works but our works will not get us there. So how does this work?
Well the word says to prove yourself to God. It also says to examine yourself as to whether you are in the faith. So we try to do the things that Jesus tells us to do. And if we are walking according to the word of faith we see all these commandments that Jesus has give us. Now although we can not do enough because everyone falls short of the glory of God. Depending on how hard we try, determines how much mercy God will show us in our attempt to obey Him. Now our works dont get us there, but our works gets us mercy. And mercy conbined with our works does get us there.

I Jn 2:4
4 He who says, "I know Him," and does not keep His commandments, is a liar, and the truth is not in him.
I Jn 2:3
3 Now by this we know that we know Him, if we keep His commandments.

Rev 22:10-12
10 And he said to me, "Do not seal the words of the prophecy of this book, for the time is at hand.
11 "He who is unjust, let him be unjust still; he who is filthy, let him be filthy still; he who is righteous, let him be righteous still; he who is holy, let him be holy still."
12 "And behold, I am coming quickly, and My reward is with Me, to give to every one according to his work.
(NKJ)

2 Tim 4:1
1 I charge you therefore before God and the Lord Jesus Christ, who will judge the living and the dead at His appearing and His kingdom:
(NKJ)

popsthebuilder

Hey Squeaky,

I said, you post exceptional topics. Your zeal and faith and words are a blessing.

Peace

Sent from my Alcatel_6055U using Tapatalk

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
Works prove nothing. I know of some Mormons that can outshine most Christians. They are going to hell.

I said
Oh yes they do, and we will be tested.

Heb 11:17
17 By faith Abraham, when he was tested, offered up Isaac, and he who had received the promises offered up his only begotten son,
(NKJ)

James 2:21-22
21 Was not Abraham our father justified by works when he offered Isaac his son on the altar?
22 Do you see that faith was working together with his works, and by works faith was made perfect?
(NKJ)

Jerry Shugart

"There is a way which seemeth right unto a man, but the end thereof are the ways of death" (Pro.14:12).​

If a person denies the "gospel of grace" and continues to try to establish his own righteousness by doing works of one kind or another then he will remain dead in his sins.

Repent and believe the gospel before it's too late.

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
"There is a way which seemeth right unto a man, but the end thereof are the ways of death" (Pro.14:12).​

If a person denies the "gospel of grace" and continues to try to establish his own righteousness by doing works of one kind or another then he will remain dead in his sins.

Repent and believe the gospel before it's too late.

I said
Faith-Works-Love (By Themselves they are only principles) But together they are righteousness.

People are trying to make a conclusion out of pieces and parts. It cant be done. Faith alone won't get you to heaven. Works alone won't get you to heaven. Love alone won't get you to heaven. That is the only conclusion.

XXX If all you have to present to God is faith, YOU ARE NOTHING.
1 Cor 13:1-2

1 Though I speak with the tongues of men and of angels, but have not love, I have become sounding brass or a clanging cymbal.
2 And though I have the gift of prophecy, and understand all mysteries and all knowledge, and though I have all faith, so that I could remove mountains, but have not love, I am nothing.
James 2:14
14 What does it profit, my brethren, if someone says he has faith but does not have works? Can faith save him?
James 2:17-18
Rom 16:26
26 but now has been made manifest, and by the prophetic Scriptures has been made known to all nations, according to the commandment of the everlasting God, for obedience to the faith--
(NKJ)

XXX You are saved by grace through faith. But that is NOT SALVATION.

Eph 2:8
8 For by grace you have been saved through faith, and that not of yourselves; it is the gift of God,
(NKJ)

Luke 6:32-33
32 "But if you love those who love you, what credit is that to you? For even sinners love those who love them.
33 "And if you do good to those who do good to you, what credit is that to you? For even sinners do the same.
(NKJ)

xxx Some stand on faith and some stand on works and some stand on love. They are all principles, they have to be together. So many on here are argueing just one point or part of a whole. You need to understand. Faith without works or love is dead. Works without faith or love is vanity. Love without faith or works is useless. Love is NOT AN EMOTION. Love is an action.

So many are running on blind faith. They dont even know what faith is. In reality their useing trust as faith. Their different. Your faith should be in what is written, all of it. But faith alone will NOT get you to heaven. Works alone will NOT get you to heaven. Love alone will not get you to heaven. What you need is the true faith in the Word of God. If you have the true faith in the Word of God you would try your best to do the works that are in the Word. Now love is NOT a feeling but an action. And the only way to learn what Godly love is would be tod do the works. That is how you learn what love is by trying to do the works. In the Word that you have put your faith in.

Rom 5:1-4
1 Therefore, having been justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ,
2 through whom also we have access by faith into this grace in which we stand, and rejoice in hope of the glory of God.
3 And not only that, but we also glory in tribulations, knowing that tribulation produces perseverance;
4 and perseverance, character; and character, hope.
Eph 2:18-20
18 For through Him we both have access by one Spirit to the Father.
19 Now, therefore, you are no longer strangers and foreigners, but fellow citizens with the saints and members of the household of God,
20 having been built on the foundation of the apostles and prophets, Jesus Christ Himself being the chief corner stone,
Eph 3:12
12 in whom we have boldness and access with confidence through faith in Him.
(NKJ)

Jerry Shugart

People are trying to make a conclusion out of pieces and parts. It cant be done. Faith alone won't get you to heaven. Works alone won't get you to heaven. Love alone won't get you to heaven. That is the only conclusion.

Why does not the Lord Jesus saying nothing about "works" here?:

"Very truly I tell you, whoever hears my word and believes him who sent me has eternal life and will not be judged but has crossed over from death to life"
(Jn.5:24).​

Those who believe have eternal life and therefore nothing will stop them from going to heaven.

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned

"Very truly I tell you, whoever hears my word and believes him who sent me has eternal life and will not be judged but has crossed over from death to life"

Those who believe have eternal life and therefore nothing will stop them from going to heaven.

I said
You cant come up with a conclusion based on one verse. A verse is a principle. It takes more principles to make a conclusion.
But even in your one verse it says" if anyone hears My word"
Then you have context, context, context.

John 5:22-25
22 "For the Father judges no one, but has committed all judgment to the Son,
23 "that all should honor the Son just as they honor the Father. He who does not honor the Son does not honor the Father who sent Him.
24 "Most assuredly, I say to you, he who hears My word and believes in Him who sent Me has everlasting life, and shall not come into judgment, but has passed from death into life.
25 "Most assuredly, I say to you, the hour is coming, and now is, when the dead will hear the voice of the Son of God; and those who hear will live.
(NKJ)

John 14:15
15 "If you love Me, keep My commandments.
(NKJ)

John 14:21
21 "He who has My commandments and keeps them, it is he who loves Me. And he who loves Me will be loved by My Father, and I will love him and manifest Myself to him."
(NKJ)

John 15:10
10 "If you keep My commandments, you will abide in My love, just as I have kept My Father's commandments and abide in His love.
(NKJ)

Jerry Shugart

You cant come up with a conclusion based on one verse. A verse is a principle. It takes more principles to make a conclusion.

What the Lord Jesus said at John 5:24 is either true or it isn't. There is no middle ground.

I say that it is true and it only takes faith to have eternal life, and therefore it cannot be separated from heaven, which is described here as "eternity":

"For thus saith the high and lofty One that inhabiteth eternity, whose name is Holy; I dwell in the high and holy place, with him also that is of a contrite and humble spirit, to revive the spirit of the humble, and to revive the heart of the contrite ones" (Isa.57:15).​

If you want to argue that faith by itself is not enough to enter heaven then your argument is not with me but instead with the Lord Jesus Christ.

Last edited:

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
What the Lord Jesus said at John 5:24 is either true or it isn't. There is no middle ground.

I say that it is true and it only takes faith to have eternal life, and therefore it cannot be separated from heaven, which is described here as "eternity":

"For thus saith the high and lofty One that inhabiteth eternity, whose name is Holy; I dwell in the high and holy place, with him also that is of a contrite and humble spirit, to revive the spirit of the humble, and to revive the heart of the contrite ones" (Isa.57:15).​

If you want to argue that faith by itself is not enough to enter heaven then your argument is not with me but instead with the Lord Jesus Christ.

I said
I'm afraid your going to get in big trouble with confusion if you try to mix old testament with new testament. Jesus made a new covenant, and He made the old obsolete. He changed the priesthood, He changed the law, and He annulled the commandments from the old testament. You must keep one or the other not both.

Heb 8:13
13 In that He says, "A new covenant," He has made the first obsolete. Now what is becoming obsolete and growing old is ready to vanish away.
(NKJ)

Heb 7:12
12 For the priesthood being changed, of necessity there is also a change of the law.
(NKJ)

Heb 7:18-19
18 For on the one hand there is an annulling of the former commandment because of its weakness and unprofitableness,
19 for the law made nothing perfect; on the other hand, there is the bringing in of a better hope, through which we draw near to God.
(NKJ)

Jerry Shugart

I'm afraid your going to get in big trouble with confusion if you try to mix old testament with new testament. Jesus made a new covenant, and He made the old obsolete. He changed the priesthood, He changed the law, and He annulled the commandments from the old testament. You must keep one or the other not both.

So are you saying that the Lord Jesus' words here are not in effect any longer?:

Are you saying that at one time people received eternal life just by just believing but now all that has changed? Are you saying that we must do "works" to receive the GIFT of eternal life?:

"For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord"
(Ro.6:23).​

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
So are you saying that the Lord Jesus' words here are not in effect any longer?:

Are you saying that at one time people received eternal life just by just believing but now all that has changed? Are you saying that we must do "works" to receive the GIFT of eternal life?:

"For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord"
(Ro.6:23).​

I said
Context, context, context.. You are doing what so many deceiving do. Trying to make a fact out of a principle. It says "hear His Word" do you hear the revelations of Jesus Christ yet????

John 5:24-25
24 "Most assuredly, I say to you, he who hears My word and believes in Him who sent Me has everlasting life, and shall not come into judgment, but has passed from death into life.
25 "Most assuredly, I say to you, the hour is coming, and now is, when the dead will hear the voice of the Son of God; and those who hear will live.
(NKJ)

Have you been totally set free from sin yet????? Are you a slave of God yet?????
Rom 6:22-23
22 But now having been set free from sin, and having become slaves of God, you have your fruit to holiness, and the end, everlasting life.
23 For the wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord.
(NKJ)

popsthebuilder

That's easy; to believe within that context is to take as utter truth; and as any other thing you know to be true, you abide by it as it you where without option or capacity to meander.

Real belief or effectual faith is what produces good works.

popsthebuilder

Mr. Jerry, I had meant for my post prior to this one to be in response to your quoted post here. Thank you, sorry for any confusion.

peace