Judged By Works-Works Prove Your Faith

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
No matter what they say.

I Jn 2:4-5
4 He who says, "I know Him," and does not keep His commandments, is a liar, and the truth is not in him.
5 But whoever keeps His word, truly the love of God is perfected in him. By this we know that we are in Him.
(NKJ)

Jamie Gigliotti

"If we love one another, God lives in us and His love is made complete in us." 1 John 4:12

If its all about a belief in Christ that reconciles us to Him that creates love and intimacy between us and Him. And fills us with Him; it only stands to reason He will work through us in His love and goodness manifested through us!

He will be the judge.

Jerry Shugart

Context, context, context.. You are doing what so many deceiving do. Trying to make a fact out of a principle. It says "hear His Word" do you hear the revelations of Jesus Christ yet????

I have heard the revelation of the Lord Jesus and that word is found in the gospel which comes in power and in the Holy Spirit:

"For our gospel came not unto you in word only, but also in power, and in the Holy Spirit, and in much assurance; as ye know what manner of men we were among you for your sake"
(1 Thess.1:5).​

Those who believe the gospel have already received "eternal life" (1 Jn.5:11) and in the future believers will put on heavenly bodies (2 Cor.5:1-2; 1 Cor.15:49-50).

Why in the world would believers put on heavenly bodies if their destiny is not heaven?

Jerry Shugart

No matter what they say.

4 He who says, "I know Him," and does not keep His commandments, is a liar, and the truth is not in him.
5 But whoever keeps His word, truly the love of God is perfected in him. By this we know that we are in Him.
(NKJ)

Yes, but that in no way even hints that it takes more than "faith" to be saved and receive eternal life. When a person truly believes he will indeed strive to keep the commandments of the LORD.

Jerry Shugart

Judged By Works-Works Prove Your Faith

Our "works" provide a good indication of a person's faith "before men."

But not before God because He knows our heart:

"But the LORD said unto Samuel, Look not on his countenance, or on the height of his stature; because I have refused him: for the LORD seeth not as man seeth; for man looketh on the outward appearance, but the LORD looketh on the heart" (1 Sam.16:7).​

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
"If we love one another, God lives in us and His love is made complete in us." 1 John 4:12

If its all about a belief in Christ that reconciles us to Him that creates love and intimacy between us and Him. And fills us with Him; it only stands to reason He will work through us in His love and goodness manifested through us!

He will be the judge.

I said
First you must find out what love is. Love is not a feeling.

Matt 5:46
46 "For if you love those who love you, what reward have you? Do not even the tax collectors do the same?
(NKJ)

Luke 6:32-34
32 "But if you love those who love you, what credit is that to you? For even sinners love those who love them.
33 "And if you do good to those who do good to you, what credit is that to you? For even sinners do the same.
34 "And if you lend to those from whom you hope to receive back, what credit is that to you? For even sinners lend to sinners to receive as much back.
(NKJ)

Jamie Gigliotti

"But the LORD said unto Samuel, Look not on his countenance, or on the height of his stature; because I have refused him: for the LORD seeth not as man seeth; for man looketh on the outward appearance, but the LORD looketh on the heart" (1 Sam.16:7).​

He knows when works are done in a prideful ego building attempt and when they are done because of His presence, His Spirit, His love inside of someone.

The error that I have seen, that I have witnessed, that in the past I even took part in; and that is extremely dangerous is thinking faith does not correlate with devotion to the Lord; a genuine love connection with Him; a Spiritual connection with Him.

Jamie Gigliotti

I said
First you must find out what love is. Love is not a feeling.

Matt 5:46
46 "For if you love those who love you, what reward have you? Do not even the tax collectors do the same?
(NKJ)

Luke 6:32-34
32 "But if you love those who love you, what credit is that to you? For even sinners love those who love them.
33 "And if you do good to those who do good to you, what credit is that to you? For even sinners do the same.
34 "And if you lend to those from whom you hope to receive back, what credit is that to you? For even sinners lend to sinners to receive as much back.
(NKJ)

Love and devotion is action.

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
I have heard the revelation of the Lord Jesus and that word is found in the gospel which comes in power and in the Holy Spirit:

"For our gospel came not unto you in word only, but also in power, and in the Holy Spirit, and in much assurance; as ye know what manner of men we were among you for your sake"
(1 Thess.1:5).​

Those who believe the gospel have already received "eternal life" (1 Jn.5:11) and in the future believers will put on heavenly bodies (2 Cor.5:1-2; 1 Cor.15:49-50).

Why in the world would believers put on heavenly bodies if their destiny is not heaven?

I said
If you truly have heard the revelations of Jesus Christ. You will share with me the revelations you have received. I'm sharing the ones I have received.
And before anyone can come to Christ they have to crucify all their emotions and feelings. Have you done that?

Gal 5:24-25
24 And those who are Christ's have crucified the flesh with its passions and desires.
25 If we live in the Spirit, let us also walk in the Spirit.
(NKJ)

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
Yes, but that in no way even hints that it takes more than "faith" to be saved and receive eternal life. When a person truly believes he will indeed strive to keep the commandments of the LORD.

I said
It doesn't say strive, it says keep His commandments. If a person isn't keeping them they are lying to themselves by saying they know Him.

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned

I said
He knows our heart.. And if we don't abide in the doctrine of Christ we don't have the right God or the right Jesus.

II Jn 1:7-11
7 For many deceivers have gone out into the world who do not confess Jesus Christ as coming in the flesh. This is a deceiver and an antichrist.
8 Look to yourselves, that we do not lose those things we worked for, but that we may receive a full reward.
9 Whoever transgresses and does not abide in the doctrine of Christ does not have God. He who abides in the doctrine of Christ has both the Father and the Son.
10 If anyone comes to you and does not bring this doctrine, do not receive him into your house nor greet him;
11 for he who greets him shares in his evil deeds.
(NKJ)

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
I think the emotions that the Spirit bring love, peace and joy are clean. We do feel them.

Id agree dark emotions are derived from the darkness.

I said
You misunderstand. ALL emotions are unclean spirits. Affections come from the inner man. Emotions come from the outer person. I have posted revelations on both.

popsthebuilder

So I often read about faith alone from other posters, but how can they honestly contend such when scripture explicitly states that faith alone is dead and that we are to be judged by others and GOD based on our works?

Do these people also contend that the bible is of misdirection? If not, then why the dishonesty?

It is confusing to say the least.

peace

Sent from my Alcatel_6055U using Tapatalk