John 10:30 – Jesus is The Son of God

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
ask Luke, He wrote the Gospel.

How about Paul, can we ask Paul?

1 Corinthians 15:50-53 Now this I say, brethren, that flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom of God nor does corruption inherit incorruption. Behold, I tell you a mystery: We shall not all sleep, but we shall all be changed — in a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trumpet. For the trumpet will sound, and the dead will be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed. For this corruptible must put on incorruption, and this mortal must put on immortality.

Right Divider

Body part
Luke 24:39 New International Version (NIV)

39 Look at my hands and my feet. It is I myself! Touch me and see; a ghost does not have flesh and bones, as you see I have.”
Like I said, both.

Every man has a spirit; His spirit is God.

1Pet 1:11 (AKJV/PCE)
(1:11) Searching what, or what manner of time the Spirit of Christ which was in them did signify, when it testified beforehand the sufferings of Christ, and the glory that should follow.

God's Truth

But only one of the three is referred to as spirit, the other two are not.

All three are referred to as Spirit.

God the Father is Spirit.

John 4:24 God is spirit, and his worshipers must worship in the Spirit and in truth."

Jesus is Spirit.

Corinthians 3:17, 18, and 1 Corinthians 15:45.

Isaiah 9:6 For to us a child is born, to us a son is given, and the government will be on his shoulders. And he will be called Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace.

The Holy Spirit is Spirit.

There is ONLY ONE SPIRIT of the Divine so that means they are all one and the same Spirit.

Ephesians 4:4 There is one body and one Spirit, just as you were called to one hope when you were called;

I'm curious as to why the Father and the Son are not acknowledged as being spirit. Paul explained there are only two types of bodies, there are natural bodies (flesh and blood) and there are spiritual bodies (not flesh and blood).

It's impossible that the Father and the Son are not spirit.

There are a huge number of spirits who are holy and a few who are not.

Why do you teach there are two different Divine Spirits when God says there is One?

God's Truth

Like I said, both.

(1:11) Searching what, or what manner of time the Spirit of Christ which was in them did signify, when it testified beforehand the sufferings of Christ, and the glory that should follow.

Every man has his own spirit and the Spirit of Christ if he is saved.

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
Why do you teach there are two different Divine Spirits when God says there is One?

Because I believe one of the divine Spirits was made of less status than than the angels for the suffering of death.

Do you believe that?

God's Truth

Like I said, both.

Just listen to yourself. You are saying what I have been saying.

God's Truth

Because I believe one of the divine Spirits was made of less status than than the angels for the suffering of death.

Do you believe that?

God the Father is Spirit; He is invisible and lives in unapproachable light. The Holy Spirit is the Spirit of God that goes forth from Him and can be many places at one time. Jesus is that same Spirit of God with a body.

Jesus had a body in heaven, the type of body we will have when we are resurrected.

Jesus gave up that body and came to earth and had a flesh body. However, his Spirit was still the same Spirit of God, except now he had to live as a Man.

Jesus grew and became strong and full of wisdom and the favor of God rested upon Him.

When Jesus died in his flesh body, he went to Hell in his Spirit; he preached there and then raised his body on the third day.

Jesus in heaven has a resurrected body, like the one he had before he came.

So in a way, I see what you mean about being lesser while on earth, because it is way lesser to become a man, but as for you making it as there being more than one Spirit you are wrong, for there is only one Spirit.

God's Truth

what does this have to do with the topic?

I was commenting on what someone else brought up about Jesus' Spirit.

It has everything to do with the topic.

You do not believe that Jesus is God, but proving with scripture that Jesus' Spirit is the Spirit of God proves that he is God.

Ben Masada

John 10:30 - Jesus is the Son of God.

Agreed but, two things must be fixed. First that, according to Ecclesiastes 9:5,6 Jesus WAS the son of God. Today he is dead. Mind you, 2000 years old dead. Second, Jesus was son of God but, as part of the People he belonged to, aka Israel whom the Lord said, "Israel is My Son...if you read Exodus 4:22,23.

God's Truth

Agreed but, two things must be fixed. First that, according to Ecclesiastes 9:5,6 Jesus WAS the son of God. Today he is dead. Mind you, 2000 years old dead. Second, Jesus was son of God but, as part of the People he belonged to, aka Israel whom the Lord said, "Israel is My Son...if you read Exodus 4:22,23.

Go obey Moses and give your animal sacrifice.

Ben Masada

Go obey Moses and give your animal sacrifice.

At least, you have learned some thing from Jesus who said to listen to "Moses" aka the Law. (Luke 16:29-31) Regarding animal sacrifices, we no longer need them if you read Jeremiah 7:22. BTW, he said that HaShem had never commanded that sacrifices be part of the religion of Israel.

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER

You do not believe that Jesus is God, but proving with scripture that Jesus' Spirit is the Spirit of God proves that he is God.

If Jesus has not a mans spirit then He was never a man and the atonement was a fake.

LA

meshak

BANNED
Banned

The angels are all spirit beings. So are you saying they are Gods too?

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
When Jesus died in his flesh body, he went to Hell in his Spirit; he preached there and then raised his body on the third day.

Bogus. All you are saying is that Jesus didn't really die, just his body died. But yet we know that separation of body and spirit is death and dead don't talk.