Jesus' word is the center of Christianity.

meshak

BANNED
Banned
We can find all about salvation within Jesus' word.

Jesus is the center and teacher of our salvation.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
I am talking bout face value, Jacob.

We cannot judge anyone's faith, not even ourselves.

that's why I don't even claim "I am saved". to me it is boastful or arrogant attitude.

This thread is all about what Jesus' says and commands.

You guys are getting off topic.

Did you know that you can know you have eternal life, according to New Testament scripture? Read 1 John.

I want to discuss Jesus' word.

1 Corinthians 4:3 NASB - 3 But to me it is a very small thing that I may be examined by you, or by any human court; in fact, I do not even examine myself.

2 Corinthians 13:5 NASB - 5 Test yourselves to see if you are in the faith; examine yourselves! Or do you not recognize this about yourselves, that Jesus Christ is in you--unless indeed you fail the test?

Ephesians 2:8-10 NASB - 8 For by grace you have been saved through faith; and that not of yourselves, it is the gift of God; 9 not as a result of works, so that no one may boast. 10 For we are His workmanship, created in Christ Jesus for good works, which God prepared beforehand so that we would walk in them.

1 John 5:11-13 NASB - 11 And the testimony is this, that God has given us eternal life, and this life is in His Son. 12 He who has the Son has the life; he who does not have the Son of God does not have the life. 13 These things I have written to you who believe in the name of the Son of God, so that you may know that you have eternal life.

meshak

BANNED
Banned
Did you know that you can know you have eternal life, according to New Testament scripture? Read 1 John.

I want to discuss Jesus' word.

1 Corinthians 4:3 NASB - 3 But to me it is a very small thing that I may be examined by you, or by any human court; in fact, I do not even examine myself.

2 Corinthians 13:5 NASB - 5 Test yourselves to see if you are in the faith; examine yourselves! Or do you not recognize this about yourselves, that Jesus Christ is in you--unless indeed you fail the test?

Ephesians 2:8-10 NASB - 8 For by grace you have been saved through faith; and that not of yourselves, it is the gift of God; 9 not as a result of works, so that no one may boast. 10 For we are His workmanship, created in Christ Jesus for good works, which God prepared beforehand so that we would walk in them.

1 John 5:11-13 NASB - 11 And the testimony is this, that God has given us eternal life, and this life is in His Son. 12 He who has the Son has the life; he who does not have the Son of God does not have the life. 13 These things I have written to you who believe in the name of the Son of God, so that you may know that you have eternal life.

These are not what Jesus said.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
I am not interested in this nonsense you are perpetrating.
Why don't you visit with Meshak for a while.
I responded to a post you replied to of someone else. Later you said you were supporting me.

Thank you for posting / responding to my post. I will be okay. I hope you understand.

My life was changed at the age of 5 when I received Christ into my heart. I either had the Holy Spirit dwelling in me at that time and from that time forward or I did not. That is what I believe about myself and my life experience in the instance of when I believe I was born again.

God's Truth

I responded to a post you replied to of someone else. Later you said you were supporting me.

Thank you for posting / responding to my post. I will be okay. I hope you understand.

My life was changed at the age of 5 when I received Christ into my heart. I either had the Holy Spirit dwelling in me at that time and from that time forward or I did not. That is what I believe about myself and my life experience in the instance of when I believe I was born again.

I think you are confused.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
These are not what Jesus said.

John was a disciple of Jesus, and what he wrote in 1 John is so that Jesus' followers, His disciples, can know that they have eternal life.

That addresses your saying you don't claim you are saved. But you can know you are saved. If you don't know you can know this then you may not even know if or that you are saved.

meshak

BANNED
Banned
Jacob,

Jesus direct word is the basic principle of salvation. Everyone else is just harmonizing with what Jesus said. If they don't harmonize with Jesus' word, you are reading them wrong.

Last edited:

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
I think you are confused.

Of course. But I believe you think or thought you have the answer to what happened to me. Once I was old enough I searched the Bible and the verse I came up with from Ephesians is the closest I came to finding out if what happened to me was Biblical.

Basically, it comes down to if a person can receive Christ into their heart... if it is Biblical... if it is the same as when a person is born again and the Holy Spirit now dwells or lives in / inside (of) them.

It's similar to wanting to know if you should have a person pray a sinners prayer or confess Jesus as Lord when sharing the gospel in Evangelism. It has to do with how a person comes to faith and what is Biblical.

Something happened to me, and I still don't know what it was.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Jacob,

Jesus direct word is the basic principle of salvation. Ever hone else is just harmonizing with what Jesus said. If they don't harmonize with Jesus' word, you are reading them wrong.

Those Jesus taught were thereby in agreement with Him.

meshak

BANNED
Banned
John was a disciple of Jesus, and what he wrote in 1 John is so that Jesus' followers, His disciples, can know that they have eternal life.

That addresses your saying you don't claim you are saved. But you can know you are saved. If you don't know you can know this then you may not even know if or that you are saved.

We can self assure that "we are saved" all we want. Jesus may have different idea about us.

You know Jesus says not everyone who says "Lord, Lord will not inherit God's kingdom".

the way are you reading them do not harmonize with Jesus' direct word.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
I believe I have the Holy Spirit dwelling in/inside of me. I believe all those who are born again (saved) do. To me that is not the same as saying Christ dwells in my heart. Or that Jesus lives inside my heart.

It's kind of odd how you claim something, then turn around and wonder if it's really true? I don't understand your odd way of processing things?

God's Truth

Of course. But I believe you think or thought you have the answer to what happened to me. Once I was old enough I searched the Bible and the verse I came up with from Ephesians is the closest I came to finding out if what happened to me was Biblical.

Basically, it comes down to if a person can receive Christ into their heart... if it is Biblical... if it is the same as when a person is born again and the Holy Spirit now dwells or lives in / inside (of) them.

It's similar to wanting to know if you should have a person pray a sinners prayer or confess Jesus as Lord when sharing the gospel in Evangelism. It has to do with how a person comes to faith and what is Biblical.

Something happened to me, and I still don't know what it was.

You confirm that you are confused. I believe you when you say, "I still don't know what it was".

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
We can self assure that "we are saved" all we want. Jesus may have different idea about us.

You know Jesus says not everyone who says "Lord, Lord will not inherit God's kingdom".

If ever a person gets off track they need to go back to what Jesus said, what HE taught. Have you ever heard about what is called, false conversions? When a person is not truly saved but has come to believe that they are saved, through some method, way, or conversion process of some sort? A person can be saved by praying a sinners prayer. What if they prayed a prayer but they were not thereby saved?

So we need sound doctrine, and Jesus' word is where to start / begin.

1 Timothy 4:6 NASB - 6 In pointing out these things to the brethren, you will be a good servant of Christ Jesus, constantly nourished on the words of the faith and of the sound doctrine which you have been following.

2 Timothy 4:3 NASB - 3 For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine; but wanting to have their ears tickled, they will accumulate for themselves teachers in accordance to their own desires,

Titus 1:9 NASB - 9 holding fast the faithful word which is in accordance with the teaching, so that he will be able both to exhort in sound doctrine and to refute those who contradict.

Titus 2:1 NASB - 1 But as for you, speak the things which are fitting for sound doctrine.

1 Timothy 6:3 NASB - 3 If anyone advocates a different doctrine and does not agree with sound words, those of our Lord Jesus Christ, and with the doctrine conforming to godliness,

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame

Jesus was speaking to the members of the House of Israel. He wasn't speaking to Gentiles or the Body of Christ, which would come about later.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
It's kind of odd how you claim something, then turn around and wonder if it's really true? I don't understand your odd way of processing things?

I believe I have the Holy Spirit dwelling inside of me because I believe I am born again. A person is born again only by the Spirit of God, and from that time onward the Spirit of God takes up residence within that person. That is, once the Spirit of God dwells in a believer they are eternally secure. They are saved forever. That is what I believe.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
You see, people get confused when they combine Jesus message in the four Gospels, with the ascended Jesus message to Paul that deals with the Grace message. That's why we are told to "Rightly Divide" the word of God.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
You confirm that you are confused. I believe you when you say, "I still don't know what it was".

I confirmed or acknowledged that you said I am confused. I don't think it is time to change your mind. I don't even know where to begin. But if you could not follow what I am saying then I just know you don't understand.

As for my conversion experience, I may have different things or occurrences from the same room coming into or built up into my mind. I don't know if they have to do with sensory perception, something that was wrong, a calling upon my life, or simply something that happened in the heavenlies that translates to or translated to my life as I know and knew it.