Jesus' word is the center of Christianity.

God's Truth

Where do you get this teaching from?

So then, you do not know that the saved receive the Holy Spirit.

This teaching is from the Holy Bible.

1 Corinthians 6:19 Do you not know that your bodies are temples of the Holy Spirit, who is in you, whom you have received from God? You are not your own;

1 Corinthians 3:16 Do you not know that you are a temple of God and that the Spirit of God dwells in you?

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
So then, you do not know that the saved receive the Holy Spirit.

This teaching is from the Holy Bible.

1 Corinthians 6:19 Do you not know that your bodies are temples of the Holy Spirit, who is in you, whom you have received from God? You are not your own;

1 Corinthians 3:16 Do you not know that you are a temple of God and that the Spirit of God dwells in you?

No. I know that. Those who believe have the Holy Spirit dwelling in them by faith. Romans 8:9 NASB.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
You did not know that the Holy Spirit lives in our hearts. You asked where I got that teaching from.

Yes.

This is different from the Holy Spirit dwelling or living inside of someone.

Ephesians 3:17 NASB - 17 so that Christ may dwell in your hearts through faith; and that you, being rooted and grounded in love,

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
What does Jesus' word say? What is Jesus' word? Can Jesus' word be identified in the Gospels or the New Testament? These are all great questions and deserve our attention. I am not sure if meshak believes these questions here adequately reflect the title of this thread, but I am thinking about where we are at in this thread and what her OP or thread title are about. It is about Jesus' word.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
John 5:24 NASB - 24 "Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

John 8:31, 37, 43, 51-52 NASB - 31 So Jesus was saying to those Jews who had believed Him, "If you continue in My word, then you are truly disciples of Mine; ... 37 "I know that you are Abraham's descendants; yet you seek to kill Me, because My word has no place in you. ... 43 "Why do you not understand what I am saying? It is because you cannot hear My word. ... 51 "Truly, truly, I say to you, if anyone keeps My word he will never see death." 52 The Jews said to Him, "Now we know that You have a demon. Abraham died, and the prophets also; and You say, 'If anyone keeps My word, he will never taste of death.'

John 14:23 NASB - 23 Jesus answered and said to him, "If anyone loves Me, he will keep My word; and My Father will love him, and We will come to him and make Our abode with him.

John 15:20 NASB - 20 "Remember the word that I said to you, 'A slave is not greater than his master.' If they persecuted Me, they will also persecute you; if they kept My word, they will keep yours also.

Revelation 3:8 NASB - 8 'I know your deeds. Behold, I have put before you an open door which no one can shut, because you have a little power, and have kept My word, and have not denied My name.

God's Truth

Yes.

This is different from the Holy Spirit dwelling or living inside of someone.

Ephesians 3:17 NASB - 17 so that Christ may dwell in your hearts through faith; and that you, being rooted and grounded in love,

Christ dwelling in our hearts is about receiving the Holy Spirit.

God's Truth

Jacob, are you a game player? You asked where I got that teaching from, when I said God's Spirit lives in us. Then I gave you scriptures showing that truth. You then said you knew that and YOU GAVE a scripture about CHRIST in our hearts, but then say it is different.

God's Truth

When Paul wrote the Ephesians or specifically this verse in Ephesians do you believe he was speaking to believers or unbelievers?

Why did you say Christ dwells in our heart in reply to my saying we receive the Holy Spirit, then say it was not the same. Why did you imply it was? Why didn't you admit you do not know what receiving the Holy Spirit means?

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Jacob, are you a game player? You asked where I got that teaching from, when I said God's Spirit lives in us. Then I gave you scriptures showing that truth. You then said you knew that and YOU GAVE a scripture about CHRIST in our hearts, but then say it is different.

I gave you the scripture for your teaching, but I didn't know if you knew what the scripture was or what the scripture actually states. The audience is very important for knowing if this is talking about those who are already believers. I don't know. But you either didn't come up with it on your own, or you got it from somewhere other than scripture (like with me when I was told that in receiving Jesus Christ or accepting Jesus as my Lord and Savior or Savior or Savior and Lord, that Jesus or Christ would come to dwell in my heart either temporarily or forever. A correct teaching of scripture is paramount. I believe I was truly saved forever, but I don't know about the teaching that an unbeliever should accept or receive Christ into their heart. It was later in my life that I found this verse and asked this question.

I was able to find that the Spirit of God dwells in believers by faith. I found this from scripture. Not from any one verse but from many verses.

Galatians 4:19 NASB - 19 My children, with whom I am again in labor until Christ is formed in you--

Do you believe that the verse from Ephesians is when a person is first saved and the verse from Galatians is when a person is saved who has lost their salvation? I don't.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Why did you say Christ dwells in our heart in reply to my saying we receive the Holy Spirit, then say it was not the same. Why did you imply it was? Why didn't you admit you do not know what receiving the Holy Spirit means?

I believe I have the Holy Spirit dwelling in/inside of me. I believe all those who are born again (saved) do. To me that is not the same as saying Christ dwells in my heart. Or that Jesus lives inside my heart.

God's Truth

I believe I have the Holy Spirit dwelling in/inside of me. I believe all those who are born again (saved) do. To me that is not the same as saying Christ dwells in my heart. Or that Jesus lives inside my heart.

Then why in the world did you use that scripture to explain how you really did after-all know what receiving the Holy Spirit means?

Just answer the question.

God's Truth

I gave you the scripture for your teaching, but I didn't know if you knew what the scripture was or what the scripture actually states. The audience is very important for knowing if this is talking about those who are already believers. I don't know. But you either didn't come up with it on your own, or you got it from somewhere other than scripture (like with me when I was told that in receiving Jesus Christ or accepting Jesus as my Lord and Savior or Savior or Savior and Lord, that Jesus or Christ would come to dwell in my heart either temporarily or forever. A correct teaching of scripture is paramount. I believe I was truly saved forever, but I don't know about the teaching that an unbeliever should accept or receive Christ into their heart. It was later in my life that I found this verse and asked this question.

I was able to find that the Spirit of God dwells in believers by faith. I found this from scripture. Not from any one verse but from many verses.

Galatians 4:19 NASB - 19 My children, with whom I am again in labor until Christ is formed in you--

Do you believe that the verse from Ephesians is when a person is first saved and the verse from Galatians is when a person is saved who has lost their salvation? I don't.

That is not answering the question.

Never-mind, I do not have that kind of wasteful time.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Then why in the world did you use that scripture to explain how you really did after-all know what receiving the Holy Spirit means?

Just answer the question.

What do you mean receiving the Holy Spirit? Does the Holy Spirit take up residence in a person when they first believe?

To believe and have faith are similar things. If a person believes and by faith they have the Holy Spirit (inside of them) it is not that they have the Holy Spirit inside of them by faith it is that they are a believer, have faith, and have the Holy Spirit.

The heart is different from the person. The person who is a believer has the Holy Spirit dwelling in them. Does the Holy Spirit take up residence in the heart specifically? That is the question.

By faith a person believes or a person believes by faith.

Believers have faith. Believers are saved. Believers have faith. Believers obey God. Without the Holy Spirit you are not saved. A person has the Holy Spirit by faith. Is it possible for a believer to not have the Holy Spirit?

These are the questions.

If you invite Christ or invite Jesus in/into your heart, is that receiving the Holy Spirit?

John 1:12-13 NASB - 12 But as many as received Him, to them He gave the right to become children of God, even to those who believe in His name, 13 who were born, not of blood nor of the will of the flesh nor of the will of man, but of God.

Matthew 10:41 NASB - 41 "He who receives a prophet in the name of a prophet shall receive a prophet's reward; and he who receives a righteous man in the name of a righteous man shall receive a righteous man's reward.

Hebrews 1:1-2 NASB - 1 God, after He spoke long ago to the fathers in the prophets in many portions and in many ways, 2 in these last days has spoken to us in His Son, whom He appointed heir of all things, through whom also He made the world.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
That is not answering the question.

Never-mind, I do not have that kind of wasteful time.

I don't know if I have frustrated you. I hope I have not. But what question are you asking? What am I responding to? I just answered a question in my last post, the post before this one.

meshak

BANNED
Banned
What does Jesus' word say? What is Jesus' word? Can Jesus' word be identified in the Gospels or the New Testament? These are all great questions and deserve our attention. I am not sure if meshak believes these questions here adequately reflect the title of this thread, but I am thinking about where we are at in this thread and what her OP or thread title are about. It is about Jesus' word.

I am talking bout face value, Jacob.

We cannot judge anyone's faith, not even our own, and you know this is my position.

that's why I don't even claim "I am saved". to me it is boastful or arrogant attitude. It is not of Jesus.

This thread is all about what Jesus' says and commands.

You guys are getting off topic.

God's Truth

What do you mean receiving the Holy Spirit? Does the Holy Spirit take up residence in a person when they first believe?

To believe and have faith are similar things. If a person believes and by faith they have the Holy Spirit (inside of them) it is not that they have the Holy Spirit inside of them by faith it is that they are a believer, have faith, and have the Holy Spirit.

The heart is different from the person. The person who is a believer has the Holy Spirit dwelling in them. Does the Holy Spirit take up residence in the heart specifically? That is the question.

By faith a person believes or a person believes by faith.

Believers have faith. Believers are saved. Believers have faith. Believers obey God. Without the Holy Spirit you are not saved. A person has the Holy Spirit by faith. Is it possible for a believer to not have the Holy Spirit?

These are the questions.

If you invite Christ or invite Jesus in/into your heart, is that receiving the Holy Spirit?

John 1:12-13 NASB - 12 But as many as received Him, to them He gave the right to become children of God, even to those who believe in His name, 13 who were born, not of blood nor of the will of the flesh nor of the will of man, but of God.

Matthew 10:41 NASB - 41 "He who receives a prophet in the name of a prophet shall receive a prophet's reward; and he who receives a righteous man in the name of a righteous man shall receive a righteous man's reward.

Hebrews 1:1-2 NASB - 1 God, after He spoke long ago to the fathers in the prophets in many portions and in many ways, 2 in these last days has spoken to us in His Son, whom He appointed heir of all things, through whom also He made the world.

I am not interested in this nonsense you are perpetrating.