Jesus' ways:

meshak

BANNED
Banned
Jesus' word is centralized by the Tanach,

Jesus explained how you should be reading OT and practice. He is the Teacher of OT. He pointed out how OT people made mistakes and therefor not obeying God well.

But most of us still don't listen to Jesus, so in effect, we are no better than OT people.

So Ben, we ought to not mockery of Jesus' word. It is blasphemous.

meshak

BANNED
Banned
It seems that most people think being faithful to Jesus is a lot of work.

Actually it is not, comparing to what the world is doing.

The world expectation is very high. You have to compete with others in order to succeed.

You have to be better than many if you want to be recognized or succeed in business.

Jesus' followers are commanded to work for God's kingdom; so they don't have to worry about those stressful things.

Jesus says His yoke is easy and how true that is.

Matthew 11:28-30

Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls. For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light.

Mr. 5020

Good evening meshak,

How do you reconcile the idea that Jesus has a light burden (which I agree with), and other quotes from Jesus, such as that obeying His commandments is how He knows you love Him, or that being a Christian means "taking up your cross" and "denying yourself" and being hated by the world?

God's Truth

Matthew 23

Then Jesus spoke to the multitudes and to His disciples, 2 saying: “The scribes and the Pharisees sit in Moses’ seat. 3 Therefore whatever they tell you to observe, that observe and do, but do not do according to their works; for they say, and do not do.

Meshak, do you keep Matthew 23? "Jesus" says to go the temple and take your instruction there and do and observe all they say to do.

Why do you keep using that scripture as a defense to not obey Jesus' words, the words he spoke while he walked the earth?

The earthly temple does not exist anymore, just as Jesus said it would not when he walked the earth.

We become the temple of the Living God, just as Jesus said would happen when he walked the earth.

How do you ever get that Jesus' words are not truth for everyone?

When did Jesus' words no longer cause life?

John 6:63 The Spirit gives life; the flesh counts for nothing. The words I have spoken to you--they are full of the Spirit and life.

God's Truth

When someone leaves a will, they leave an instruction manual and it comes into effect after they die. Just because Jesus died, does not mean the words he said before were no longer necessary.

Jesus told the people to obey his teachings. He said the temple would be destroyed. He said he would send the Holy Spirit. He said he came for the lost sheep of Israel, but when he is lifted up he will draw all men.

Jesus' words are true and life then, and now, for everyone, forever more.

God's Truth

The Church began in AD 33.

The first Gospel written wasn't written until the 50s.

So what did the Church do before Matthew, Mark, Luke and John were written and disseminated?

You do not know for sure when the scriptures were written.

Why are you making up a date?

Much of the New Testament scriptures are LETTERS.

The New Testament teachings were by letter and books right from the beginning. In 1 Timothy 5:18 Paul joins a New Testament scripture (Luke 10:7) to an Old Testament scripture (Deuteronomy 25:4) and calls them both scripture. In addition, we can see in 2 Peter 3:15-16 Peter recognizes what Paul writes as scripture.

Jesus told his disciples to testify about him, see John 15:27. Part of testifying is writing down God’s Truth. “And you also must testify, for you have been with me from the beginning.”
Much of the New Testament is letters from the apostles to the churches, and the apostles commanded the churches to share the letters.
Colossians 4:16 After this letter has been read to you, see that it is also read in the church of the Laodiceans and that you in turn read the letter from Laodicea.
1 Thessalonians 5:27 I charge you before the Lord to have this letter read to all the brothers and sisters.

God's Truth

"Jesus says" to sell all you have. "It seems" that you are a whited wall, child of the devil, that needs to be tied up, in that stupid hat of yours, in a straight jacket.

Good day to you, sir.

Jesus said that to a RICH MAN. Not everyone is a RICH MAN.

Common sense eludes some.

God's Truth

Quote me and she will be forced to read it. Same with John W. She hides from him for the following reasons given in John.

John 1

4 In Him was life, and the life was the light of men. 5 And the light shines in the darkness, and the darkness did not comprehend it.

John 3

And this is the condemnation, that the light has come into the world, and men loved darkness rather than light, because their deeds were evil. 20 For everyone practicing evil hates the light and does not come to the light, lest his deeds should be exposed.

To admit that you need a savior exposes that my deeds are evil and I deserve to die spiritual death. Meshak and her hat does not want to admit it.

Read the rest of the scriptures. Read where you left off.

19 This is the verdict: Light has come into the world, but people loved darkness instead of light because their deeds were evil. 20 Everyone who does evil hates the light, and will not come into the light for fear that their deeds will be exposed. 21 But whoever lives by the truth comes into the light, so that it may be seen plainly that what they have done has been done in the sight of God.

Did you see the 'But' part?

What happens after 'But'?

The scripture says, But whoever lives by the TRUTH COMES TO THE LIGHT.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
Jesus explained how you should be reading OT and practice. He is the Teacher of OT. He pointed out how OT people made mistakes and therefor not obeying God well.

But most of us still don't listen to Jesus, so in effect, we are no better than OT people.

So Ben, we ought to not mockery of Jesus' word. It is blasphemous.

Thank you Sir. You now on ignore.

God's Truth

There are people who lived by the truth.

Jesus said they were on the side of truth, and that they would listen to him.

John 18:37 "You are a king, then!" said Pilate. Jesus answered, "You say that I am a king. In fact, the reason I was born and came into the world is to testify to the truth. Everyone on the side of truth listens to me."

God's Truth

What is the true gospel, the gospel of Paul or the gospel of Jesus? Paul was only too happy to declare that he and his followers had been released from the Law. (Rom. 7:6) The gospel of Jesus was based on the fact that we must listen to "Moses" aka the Law. (Luke 16:29-31)So, who promoted the true gospel, Paul or Jesus? Obviously, Jesus was the one with the true gospel. Is there any one else who would think otherwise? I don't think so.

Jesus came and gave us a new covenant.

You are pretending to follow an old covenant.

You cannot follow that old covenant, because you have no temple.

Since you cannot obey, you have to tell untruths about God's Word and say He never commanded sacrifices.

You are in a bad spot.

Your beliefs make no sense, not even to the Jews.

meshak

BANNED
Banned
Matthew 11:28-30

Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls. For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light.

This is one of the most comforting word from Jesus.

Don't most of us have much of peace and joy in life because of what the world expects from us?

Nihilo

BANNED
Banned
You do not know for sure when the scriptures were written.

Why are you making up a date?

Much of the New Testament scriptures are LETTERS.

The New Testament teachings were by letter and books right from the beginning. In 1 Timothy 5:18 Paul joins a New Testament scripture (Luke 10:7) to an Old Testament scripture (Deuteronomy 25:4) and calls them both scripture. In addition, we can see in 2 Peter 3:15-16 Peter recognizes what Paul writes as scripture.

Jesus told his disciples to testify about him, see John 15:27. Part of testifying is writing down God’s Truth. “And you also must testify, for you have been with me from the beginning.”
Much of the New Testament is letters from the apostles to the churches, and the apostles commanded the churches to share the letters.
Colossians 4:16 After this letter has been read to you, see that it is also read in the church of the Laodiceans and that you in turn read the letter from Laodicea.
1 Thessalonians 5:27 I charge you before the Lord to have this letter read to all the brothers and sisters.
Do you have some sort of point that in any way addresses anything that I wrote? And I didn't write it to you, either.

john w

Hall of Fame
Jesus said that to a RICH MAN. Not everyone is a RICH MAN.

Common sense eludes some.

vs. "I always obey Jesus."-"god'suntruth

So, demon-ette, you agree that not all scripture, is specifically written about each individual, and is for their obedience, and you lie, when you assert, over, and over again, that you "always obey Jesus?"

I've asked this fraud this question, over, and over, and, in deceit, tis con artist always drops back, and "punts," and lies, when she deceitfully claims that she "always obeys Jesus," conveniently spinning "common sense," and "not written to her," wen she knows she cannot/does not "always obey Jesus," and, in hypocrisy, all the wile accusing others of not "obeying Jesus," when she know that she does not either.

Well done, "Frau D. "god"'suntruth.