Jesus: The end and the fulfillment of the Old Testament

john w

Hall of Fame
If the death of one can be reckoned to sinners and counted on their behalf, could God not have also reckoned Christ's sinless walk under the Law to sinners as well?

Yes, God could have done that too, but as pointed out far more many times than should be necessary, His doing so would

(a) negate the need for Christ dying, and

(b) all that theorizing aside, the Bible NOWHERE says Christ's sinless life/perfect Law-walk is reckoned to the believer.

Pate made this up.

So how is it that believers are not under Law? Two options, only one of them is right:

According to Paul, God declares the believer as having died with Christ -- and Law has no more claims over those who have died. His death is the point there, not His life.

According to Pate, Christ's perfect lawkeeping is credited to them. His life is the point there, not His death.

Pate made that up too.
Yes-he wings most of his "doctrine."

Robert Pate

Banned
If the death of one can be reckoned to sinners and counted on their behalf, could God not have also reckoned Christ's sinless walk under the Law to sinners as well?

Yes, God could have done that too, but as pointed out far more many times than should be necessary, His doing so would

(a) negate the need for Christ dying, and

(b) all that theorizing aside, the Bible NOWHERE says Christ's sinless life/perfect Law-walk is reckoned to the believer.

Pate made this up.

So how is it that believers are not under Law?

According to Paul, God declares the believer as having died with Christ -- and Law has no more claims over those who have died. His death, not life.

According to Pate, Christ's perfect lawkeeping is credited to them. His life, not death.

Pate made that up too.

HOGWASH!

The Gospel makes the law of no effect so it was abolished.

All that Jesus was and all that Jesus did was for our justification and our salvation. "We are complete in Christ" Colossians 2:14.

The law has been fulfilled, sin, death and the devil have been defeated, the law has been abolished. Because of the doing and the dying of Jesus we can now stand before God's holy court as perfect and complete in Christ.

If you still feel that you need the law and religion, chances are you are not saved.

musterion

Pateism. The newest cult.

HOGWASH!

No. Paul says the Law is good if a man use it correctly, which you are not. It is "abolished" only in that the believer has, in a sense, been abolished out from under Law. The Law has not moved. The believer did, from death to life. Those declared dead are no longer under the Law they died to.

All that Jesus was and all that Jesus did was for our justification and our salvation.

Paul doesn't say that. Spamming it won't make it true.

If you still feel that you need the law and religion, chances are you are not saved.

Who is "you"?

clefty

Bingo-I stated as much, but he continues his demonic "logic," that, since someone cannot keep from doing/keeping the law of God, it must be destroyed/abolished/made void.And, unless a law is destroyed, we are under its authority.

Pate: Unless the laws against speeding, rape, murder, adultery.... are abolished/made void, we are all under it, and judged as guilty.

Pate: If the laws of foreign countries are not abolished/destroyed/eliminated/maded void, we are all under it, sand will be judged by it.

And he, in demonic drunkenness, corrupts/trashes/butchers the meaning of abolish/destroy/makes void, saying something can be destroyed/abolished for some, un-abolished , un-destroyed, un made void for others.

Demonic moron, spiraling into dementia....Seen it often, in the financial services industry...

That is his demonic "reasoning," from the pits of hell.

For eg.:

Pate gets a speeding ticket. He goes to court, and, in front of the judge...

Pate:Judge, I demand that you abolish/destroy the law against speeding. It is not a good law, because I/others cannot keep it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!This law is not for my benefit, or society's-it is contrary to/against me/society!!!!!!!!!! Abolish it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!And, if you do not abolish it, it automatically condemns me, judges me, as guilty!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The judge: No, the laws are good, and are for everyone's benefit, including yours. They are not against you, are not contrary to you, they are not against society, they are not contrary to society, -they stand. The problem is with you/others breaking these good laws, and the debt you/others must pay for these offenses(sins) you committed. That is what is contrary to/against you/others. Pay the fine. The law cannot condemn you, just because it is in place.

Pate: No!!!!! Abolish the law!!!!!!!

The judge: Either pay the fine, or go to jail-the law stands.

Pate: No!!!!The laws are not good-they are the problem, not me!!!!

Benevolent, gracious judge: Tell you what, Pate. Someone just paid your fine/debt/IOU(sin, offense, transgression) on your behalf. Justice is served. You are free to go(Christ died for our sins....paying the sin debt, IOU)

Pate: No!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That person need not have paid my fine/debt!!!!!(Christ need not die to pay the sin debt/IOU). The solution is to abolish, destroy, make void, the laws against speeding(fill in the blank), so that we will not have to "do" these laws, obey them, and the solution is not the fine being satisfied(Christ-propitiation)!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Benevolent, gracious judge: Lock up this man for dementia, contempt of court, lunacy-put him in a straight jacket.

Wonder if it helps that the 10 commandments are really more like the 10 words or sayings or descriptions...

It’s not so much “thou shalt not” but “where I am there is no...”

Yah hates sin that heart/attitude that keeps one from wanting to be with Him doing things His way...

The law just lets us know what to expect when we are WITH HIM...

...on earth as it is in heaven...

Robert Pate

Banned
Pateism. The newest cult.

No. Paul says the Law is good if a man use it correctly, which you are not. It is "abolished" only in that the believer has, in a sense, been abolished out from under Law. The Law has not moved. The believer did, from death to life. Those declared dead are no longer under the Law they died to.

Paul doesn't say that. Spamming it won't make it true.

Who is "you"?

Paul also said, "Knowing this, that the law is not made for the righteous man, but for the lawless and disobedient, for the ungodly and for sinners, for unholy and profane, for murderers of fathers and mothers and murderers of mothers and for manslayers" 1 Timothy 1:9.

If any of the above fits, then the law is for you. The righteous man is the man that lives by faith in Christ and his Gospel. He is justified by faith and not the law. He is thankful that the law has been abolished. If he is justified by faith, then who needs the law?

clefty

HOGWASH!

All that Jesus was and all that Jesus did was for our justification and our salvation. "We are complete in Christ" Colossians 2:14.

The law has been fulfilled, sin, death and the devil have been defeated, the law has been abolished. Because of the doing and the dying of Jesus we can now stand before God's holy court as perfect and complete in Christ.

This again?

The Gospel makes the law of no affect is true

but that doesn’t meant it abolishes the Law

You sitting there in the chair posting your claims means the chair keeps you from hitting the floor.

The chair does not however destroy the law of gravity...it just keeps you...like the Law

Robert Pate

Banned
Wonder if it helps that the 10 commandments are really more like the 10 words or sayings or descriptions...

It’s not so much “thou shalt not” but “where I am there is no...”

Yah hates sin that heart/attitude that keeps one from wanting to be with Him doing things His way...

The law just lets us know what to expect when we are WITH HIM...

...on earth as it is in heaven...

You are apparently subject to the law. We have confidence when we stand before the Lord that he has abolished sin, death, the devil and the law and that we are complete in him, Colossians 2:10.

john w

Hall of Fame
HOGWASH!

The Gospel makes the law of no effect so it was abolished.]

No, it was not-the sin debt/IOU was, demon. You reject that Christ died to pay the sin debt/IOU, asserting, satanically, that the solution to the sins issue is abolishing the law, which would mean, by definition, that Christ died for nothing, in vain.

Paul says the law is good, holy, spiritual, not void, is not contrary/against us, and says that the sin debt/IOU is contrary/against us, not the law. Hence, the reason He died-to pay our sin debt/IOU, by definition, for breaking a law that exists.
All that Jesus was and all that Jesus did was for our justification and our salvation.

1. Sophistry. Pate: This "Jesus" slept for me, ate for me, ....................

2. On record: He asserts that the Lord Jesus Christ was water baptized for us, kept the feasts for us..................=his walk in the law-imputed to us=righteousness of the law, and this justifies us, not the righteousness of God. That is satanic, a doctrine of demons.

3. Begs the question, i.e., he assumes what must be proved in his "all...." No, Pate, as you have been shown by me/others, the reason the Saviour walked in the law, yes, for us, but not for the satanic reason you assert, i.e., "vicarious law keeping," you asserting his walk in the law is credited/imputed to our account. Not one scripture teaches this doctrine of demons, righteousness by the law. He walked in the law, to be qualified as the satisfactory sacrifice, the "lamb w/o spot/blemish." It's called "propitiation," a doctrine of which Pate is clueless, as he has not once, on TOL, even mentioned it-not once.

The law has been fulfilled, sin, death and the devil have been defeated,

True.

the law has been abolished.

Made up-one of hundreds of verses, refuting your satanism:

Psalms 111 KJV
7 The works of his hands are verity and judgment; all his commandments are sure.

8 They stand fast for ever and ever, and are done in truth and uprightness.

Because of the doing and the dying of Jesus we can now stand before God's holy court as perfect and complete in Christ.

But not your satanic assertion that this "doing" included being your "vicarious law keeping" doctrine of demons.

Satanic false dichotomy. You assert that the law must be destroyed/abolished/made void, to be justified.

No, we are justified not because the law no longer exists,not because the law was destroyed, not because the law was made void, as you demonically assert, but because Christ died for us, paying the sin debt/IOU, for breaking God's existing good, holy, spiritual law.

You reject that, and thus make Christ's death worthless, vain.

Romans 3:21 KJV But now the righteousness of God without the law is manifested, being witnessed by the law and the prophets;

"being witnessed by the law"

Paul used the law, to witness to the gospel of Christ, the righteousness of God, w/o the law, as He is our righteousness, apart from the law.

Pate: To h with you, Paul!!!!!The law no longer exists!!! God abolished it, destroyed it, made it void!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You wicked demon.

clefty

Paul also said, "Knowing this, that the law is not made for the righteous man, but for the lawless and disobedient, for the ungodly and for sinners, for unholy and profane, for murderers of fathers and mothers and murderers of mothers and for manslayers" 1 Timothy 1:9.

If any of the above fits, then the law is for you. The righteous man is the man that lives by faith in Christ and his Gospel. He is justified by faith and not the law. He is thankful that the law has been abolished. If he is justified by faith, then who needs the law?

If justified by faith then how does one live...Spirit led...? Again...living Spirit led what does that look like?

Living not with just faith in Him...but His faith...

Here are they that keep the commandments of God and the faith OF Jesus Christ...see? Live LIKE Him...HIS way

Robert Pate

Banned
This again?

The Gospel makes the law of no affect is true

but that doesn’t meant it abolishes the Law

You sitting there in the chair posting your claims means the chair keeps you from hitting the floor.

The chair does not however destroy the law of gravity...it just keeps you...like the Law

If I am trusting in the law to save me then, I am under a curse, Galatians 3:10.

You are trying to use physical law as an example for spiritual law.

clefty

You are apparently subject to the law. We have confidence when we stand before the Lord that he has abolished sin, death, the devil and the law and that we are complete in him, Colossians 2:10.

So you will not keep His Law while standing before the Lord? Maybe steal from Him?

Robert Pate

Banned
If justified by faith then how does one live...Spirit led...? Again...living Spirit led what does that look like?

Living not with just faith in Him...but His faith...

Here are they that keep the commandments of God and the faith OF Jesus Christ...see? Live LIKE Him...HIS way

THE JUST SHALL LIVE BY FAITH, Romans 1:17.

Faith that Jesus has justified them.

john w

Hall of Fame

Pate:'s "logic: The law was made for the lawless and disobedient, for the ungodly and for sinners, for unholy and profane, for murderers of fathers and mothers and murderers of mothers and for manslayers, even though it no longer exists.

The believer not being under the law, it's authority, "not made(my emphasis-it's authority, as a rule of life-my note)for the righteous man," is not equivalent to the law being destroyed/abolished, you demon.

Pate to the judge: Judge, if you do not abolish the law, we are all guilty of breaking it!!! Abolish the law against speeding, adultery, rape, murder.....................because these are contrary to me/us in society, and we might break them!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Abolish the law, judge!!!!! I do not want to pay this debt/IOU, nor do I want anyone to pay my debt(Pate-"No, on Christ dying for our sin debt/IOU, paying it on our behalf")for breaking these bad laws that are against all of us!!!!!!!!!!!!!Abolish these bad laws!!!! That is the solution!!!

The judge: The laws are good, for everyone's benefit. They stand. The problem is with you/society breaking the good laws, and the fine/debt/IOU for breaking these laws(sin/offense/transgression)is against you, not the good law itself . Pay the fine. And lock this lunatic up.

Pate: Abolish the law!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Robert Pate

Banned
Duh...so now we can go and steal murder commit adultery? You know, as you claim the Law being abolished...do as Thou willst

those in Him don’t even WANT to...

The Holy Spirit will NEVER lead one to sin, but the law will, Romans 7:8-11.