Jesus: The end and the fulfillment of the Old Testament

iamaberean

Right the covenant passed away not the Law...or the need for it...sin still remains
No, the age of law, which was of works, has passed away and replaced by the law of faith! Two entirely different laws.

Rom 3:20 Therefore by the deeds of the law there shall no flesh be justified in his sight: for by the law is the knowledge of sin.
Rom 3:21 But now the righteousness of God without the law is manifested, being witnessed by the law and the prophets;

Rom 3:27 Where is boasting then? It is excluded. By what law? of works? Nay: but by the law of faith.

clefty

Aint it WWJD...

No christian I have met has ever said killing is ok or stealing, adultery, coveting, lying, dishonoring our parents, idolatry, worshipping another god or taking His Name in vain...

But mention Sabbath then it’s “Awwwww hell no! The Law is done away with...its over, fulfilled no longer binding”

HAHA

Robert Pate

Banned
No, the age of law, which was of works, has passed away and replaced by the law of faith! Two entirely different laws.

Rom 3:20 Therefore by the deeds of the law there shall no flesh be justified in his sight: for by the law is the knowledge of sin.
Rom 3:21 But now the righteousness of God without the law is manifested, being witnessed by the law and the prophets;

Rom 3:27 Where is boasting then? It is excluded. By what law? of works? Nay: but by the law of faith.

Right, This is why Paul said, "The Just Shall Live By Faith" Romans 1:17. The Old Covenant and the law have been abolished, Ephesians 2:15.

clefty

The Hebrews were saved from egypt for their FAITH long before the Law was even given...

Abraham for his faith...

Noah had faith first and then built the ark...

It was ALWAYS faith first and then works...

clefty

Actually, that's a paraphrase of what Habakkuk really said.

Yup...

“See, the enemy is puffed up; his desires are not upright-- but the righteous person will live by his faithfulness --“

The other translations also reveal...

http://biblehub.com/habakkuk/2-4.htm

it is more than just faith but faithfulness...to Who? to what?

Again Faith in what in Whom?

The just? Just according to what? Do what Thou whilst Lawlessness?

Good reminder that “the just shall live by faith” is ALREADY in the OT...

iamaberean

The Hebrews were saved from egypt for their FAITH long before the Law was even given...

Abraham for his faith...

Noah had faith first and then built the ark...

It was ALWAYS faith first and then works...

No matter how you slice it, the two covenants are different.

Under 'Law' judgement day was the day when those that died under the 'Law' stood before Jesus to be judged.

Dan 12:9 And he said, Go thy way, Daniel: for the words are closed up and sealed till the time of the end.

Dan 12:13 But go thou thy way till the end be: for thou shalt rest, and stand in thy lot at the end of the days.

Joh 11:25 Jesus said unto her, I am the resurrection, and the life: he that believeth in me, though he were dead, yet shall he live:

Under 'Grace' he that believes shall never die.

Joh 11:26 And whosoever liveth and believeth in me shall never die. Believest thou this?

clefty

No matter how you slice it, the two covenants are different.
the Signer was different...Yahushua signs with His blood and sealed it with His death after having lived and taught what that covenent is...and thereby demonstrating how we are to live...NO CHANGES ARE ALLOWED AFTER the death of the testator...

He Himself claims to have kept His Father’s commandments His Father’s Will to abide in is Father’s love just as we should...

Think NOT that the Law (His Father’s Will) is destroyed...

Under 'Law' judgement day was the day when those that died under the 'Law' stood before Jesus to be judged.
all will be judged and by the SAME Law

Dan 12:9 And he said, Go thy way, Daniel: for the words are closed up and sealed till the time of the end.

Dan 12:13 But go thou thy way till the end be: for thou shalt rest, and stand in thy lot at the end of the days.

Joh 11:25 Jesus said unto her, I am the resurrection, and the life: he that believeth in me, though he were dead, yet shall he live:

Under 'Grace' he that believes shall never die.

Joh 11:26 And whosoever liveth and believeth in me shall never die. Believest thou this?
and everyone He said this to died...we all die the first death...wages of sin is death...except those alive at His return

iamaberean

the Signer was different...Yahushua signs with His blood and sealed it with His death after having lived and taught what that covenent is...and thereby demonstrating how we are to live...NO CHANGES ARE ALLOWED AFTER the death of the testator...

He Himself claims to have kept His Father’s commandments His Father’s Will to abide in is Father’s love just as we should...

Think NOT that the Law (His Father’s Will) is destroyed...
Mat 5:17 Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fulfil.
To fulfil is to finish!

all will be judged and by the SAME Law

and everyone He said this to died...we all die the first death...wages of sin is death...except those alive at His return

Under new covenant we find forgiveness every day!
Heb 8:8 For finding fault with them, he saith, Behold, the days come, saith the Lord, when I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel and with the house of Judah:
Heb 8:9 Not according to the covenant that I made with their fathers in the day when I took them by the hand to lead them out of the land of Egypt; because they continued not in my covenant, and I regarded them not, saith the Lord.
Heb 8:10 For this is the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel after those days, saith the Lord; I will put my laws into their mind, and write them in their hearts: and I will be to them a God, and they shall be to me a people:
Heb 8:11 And they shall not teach every man his neighbour, and every man his brother, saying, Know the Lord: for all shall know me, from the least to the greatest.
Heb 8:12 For I will be merciful to their unrighteousness, and their sins and their iniquities will I remember no more.
Heb 8:13 In that he saith, A new covenant, he hath made the first old. Now that which decayeth and waxeth old is ready to vanish away.

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
Heb 8:8 For finding fault with them, he saith, Behold, the days come, saith the Lord, when I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel and with the house of Judah:

This is related to the millennium.

We are not in the millennial rest yet.

clefty

They had forgiveness in the OT as well...to the native and foreigner the SAME Law

Clearly shown in the Sabbath commandment...1 of the 10 and still binding

clefty

Right, This is why Paul said, "The Just Shall Live By Faith" Romans 1:17. The Old Covenant and the law have been abolished, Ephesians 2:15.

Who live by Faith Robert? And they are just according to what?

Those who live by faith are certainly NOT lawless...

but live by every word that proceeds from the mouth...including “For whoever does the will of My Father in heaven is My brother and sister and mother.”…

Epoisses

They had forgiveness in the OT as well...to the native and foreigner the SAME Law

Clearly shown in the Sabbath commandment...1 of the 10 and still binding

The Sabbath is not binding on Christians, never has been and never will be. Sabbath is a symbol of law and Sunday is a symbol of grace. Another SDA who hates Sunday and the gospel with every fiber of their being because they are cutoff from grace.

genuineoriginal

The Sabbath is not binding on Christians, never has been and never will be. Sabbath is a symbol of law and Sunday is a symbol of grace. Another SDA who hates Sunday and the gospel with every fiber of their being because they are cutoff from grace.
Why do so many Christians hate the Sabbath?
Isn't Jesus the Lord of the Sabbath?
Didn't Paul reason in the synagogue on every Sabbath?

There is no commandment for Christians to reject the Sabbath, but there is a commandment for Christians to tell the other Christians to shut up when those other Christians are judging people on whether they keep the Sabbath or not.

Colossians 2:16
16 Let no man therefore judge you in meat, or in drink, or in respect of an holyday, or of the new moon, or of the sabbath days:​

Epoisses

Why do so many Christians hate the Sabbath?
Isn't Jesus the Lord of the Sabbath?
Didn't Paul reason in the synagogue on every Sabbath?

There is no commandment for Christians to reject the Sabbath, but there is a commandment for Christians to tell the other Christians to shut up when those other Christians are judging people on whether they keep the Sabbath or not.

Colossians 2:16
16 Let no man therefore judge you in meat, or in drink, or in respect of an holyday, or of the new moon, or of the sabbath days:​

If you keep the Sabbath you are not a Christian anymore! You're a convert to Judaism, that's why!

genuineoriginal

If you keep the Sabbath you are not a Christian anymore! You're a convert to Judaism, that's why!
You are judging on whether a person keeps the Sabbath and Paul said that no man is permitted to judge on that basis.
Also, your argument is silly, when you realize that Paul kept the Sabbath after becoming a Christian.

Epoisses

You are judging on whether a person keeps the Sabbath and Paul said that no man is permitted to judge on that basis.
Also, your argument is silly, when you realize that Paul kept the Sabbath after becoming a Christian.

Paul became all things to all men that he might win them to Christ and the gospel. He threw the Sabbath and the law in the dust heap per Galatians and Colossians.

genuineoriginal

Paul became all things to all men that he might win them to Christ and the gospel. He threw the Sabbath and the law in the dust heap per Galatians and Colossians.
Are you one of those "Christians" that teach a person must violate every one of the 10 Commandments in order to prove he is a "Christian", or are you one of the Christians that picks and chooses which of the 10 Commandments you want to follow today?

Robert Pate

Banned
Are you one of those "Christians" that teach a person must violate every one of the 10 Commandments in order to prove he is a "Christian", or are you one of the Christians that picks and chooses which of the 10 Commandments you want to follow today?

The Bible plainly teaches that, "There is none righteous, no, not one" Romans 3:10.

The Bible also teaches that if you violate one commandment you are guilty of violating all of them, James 2:10.