Jesus: The end and the fulfillment of the Old Testament

Robert Pate

Banned
While Jesus was dying on the cross God tore the veil that covered the "Holy of Holies" from the top to the bottom, Matthew 27:51. This signified the end of the Old Covenant, the law and the Jewish religion. The Jewish people were no longer required to live according to rules, laws or religion. This is why Paul wrote, "The Just Shall Live By Faith" Romans 1:17.

Living by faith means to live by faith in Christ and his Gospel and not according to rules, laws or religion. In the Gospel Jesus victoriously defeats sin, death, the devil and in doing so fulfills the law and abolishes it. As far as God is concerned Jesus is the savior and reconciler of the whole world. 2 Corinthians 5:19.

All things have been reconciled unto God by his Son Jesus Christ, Colossians 1:20. Jesus is the end and the fulfillment of the Old Testament. We now have a New Testament. Jesus is the New Testament. We no longer have earthly priest, our priest is now in heaven at the right hand of God where he is interceding his righteousness on our behalf, Hebrews 7:25-28.

Jesus is our substitute representative. All that Jesus is and all that Jesus did was for our justification and our salvation. We are complete in him, Colossians 2:10. This means that in him the law has been fulfilled and abolished. In him sin and death have been abolished. In him we can now stand before God's holy court as perfect and complete in him. We are now new creations in Jesus Christ, 2 Corinthians 5:17. The old has passed away and now all things are new.

In the Gospel Jesus puts to death the old sinful Adamic race, Romans 6:6 and in his resurrection he brings forth a new humanity. Jesus is God's new perfected humanity. We are new creations in Jesus Christ.

Living by rules, laws and religion is a denial of the Gospel. We who are believers live by faith, simply because all of the work of salvation has already been done. There is nothing that we can do to make ourselves any better than what God has made us in Jesus Christ. Can we keep the law? Can we atone for our sins? Of course not. Holiness religion will only lead you into yourself who is a sinner. The Gospel leads us outside of ourselves to Christ who is our savior.

Epoisses

In the first century there were three sects of Jews being the Sadducee, Pharisee and the Essene.

The Sadducee was the more liberal and worldly minded of the three.

The Pharisee was the strict follower of the ritual law.

The Essene who is not as well known was also a strict follower of the ritual law but went above and beyond what the law said and invented even more laws to try and be more righteous. They forbade marriage, meat and wine. The typical diet of the Essene was bread, water and vegetables. They were also into the naming and worship of angels.

It appears that the Judaizers that infected the Galatian churches were of the Pharisees and the Judaizers who infected the Colossian church were of the Essenes. Every where Paul went the law keepers followed after him and preyed upon the poor dumb Gentiles and sent untold thousands to perdition.

Last edited:

john w

Hall of Fame
Reported to moderator, as I did last time-spamming the same topic, on a different thread.

Robert Pate

Banned
God never intended for his people to live according to rules and laws. The law was given to keep Israel intact until Jesus arrived and then after Jesus arrived they were called to live by the Holy Spirit and by faith, Romans 1:17. This is plainly taught in Hebrews 8:9-13.

Where there is law there is judgment and condemnation, Romans 5:13. Christian are under grace, not law, Romans 6:14 To live according to laws and rules is to be under a curse, Galatians 3:10.

Judaism is a religion of law. Most religion have evolved from Judaism, they are law based religions. The law is the means by which organized religion controls the congregation. Especially the idea that you must tithe. Under grace we give out of gratitude for what Christ has done for us. Under the law you give because God demands it. Big, big, difference.

Paul said that the law is not made for the righteous man, 1 Timothy 1:9. What Paul meant by that is that a righteous man does not need to be told what to do. He knows what is required of him and he lives accordingly. A good son does not want to disappoint his father, so, he does not sin against him. He loves his father and wants his father to be pleased with him. This is what living by the Spirit is about.

Living by law brings rebellion. No one wants to be told what to do. The minute you tell someone what they should do they resent it. A smart employer knows this and will not give direct commands to their employees. If you want to be without friends, start telling them what to do.

Robert Pate

Banned
In the first century there were three sects of Jews being the Sadducee, Pharisee and the Essene.

The Sadducee was the more liberal and worldly minded of the three.

The Pharisee was the strict follower of the ritual law.

The Essene who is not as well known was also a strict follower of the ritual law but went above and beyond what the law said and invented even more laws to try and be more righteous. They forbade marriage, meat and wine. The typical diet of the Essene was bread, water and vegetables. They were also into the naming and worship of angels.

It appears that the Judaizers that infected the Galatian churches were of the Pharisees and the Judaizers who infected the Colossian church were of the Essenes. Every where Paul went the law keepers followed after him and preyed upon the poor dumb Gentiles and sent untold thousands to perdition.

These people followed Paul everywhere that he went and persecuted him. Once they left him for dead, but God had other plans for Paul. Paul traveled over 10,000 miles by donkey, by foot and by ship preaching the Gospel to people that had never heard about Jesus. Paul was truly the worlds greatest Christian.

genuineoriginal

Robert Pate paraphrased: "Rules are evil. Christians must be anarchists and refuse to live by rules. That is the new rule that you must live by."

Robert Pate

Banned
Robert Pate paraphrased: "Rules are evil. Christians must be anarchists and refuse to live by rules. That is the new rule that you must live by."

Paul said that the law (rules) made him want to sin, Romans 7:8-12.

Christians that are indwelt with the Holy Spirit don't need the law, 1 Timothy 1:9,10. This is why it has been abolished.

genuineoriginal

Christians that are indwelt with the Holy Spirit don't need the law, 1 Timothy 1:9,10. This is why it has been abolished.

Thank you for proving my paraphrase of your main argument was spot on.
:thumb:
:chuckle:

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER

Was it the law or his carnality?

"For we know that the law is spiritual, but I am carnal, sold under sin. For what I am doing, I do not understand. For what I will to do, that I do not practice; but what I hate, that I do." (Romans 7:14-15)

Your premise would make Paul a hypocrite, is that what you believe?

Robert Pate

Banned

"For we know that the law is spiritual, but I am carnal, sold under sin. For what I am doing, I do not understand. For what I will to do, that I do not practice; but what I hate, that I do." (Romans 7:14-15)

Paul was not a hypocrite. Paul confessed that he was a sinner.

john w

Hall of Fame
Just quoting what Paul said. You don't believe Paul?
Paul never asserted, that the law was abolished/destroyed/eliminated/made void/not spiritual/not good/not holy/not just, as you satanically spam, on all these duplicate threads, that have the same topic, just new titles.

You don't believe Paul, the bible?

See how that works, you engager in sophistry, deceit?

Robert Pate

Banned
Paul never asserted, that the law was abolished/destroyed/eliminated/made void/not spiritual/not good/not holy/not just, as you satanically spam, on all these duplicate threads, that have the same topic, just new titles.

You don't believe Paul, the bible?

See how that works, you engager in sophistry, deceit?

You are the one that is refuting God's word.

The Bible plainly teaches that the law has been abolished for Christians.

We are under grace, not law, Romans 6:14. We are under grace because the law has been abolished, Colossians 2:14.

However, those that do not believe this, like yourself, are under the law and will be judged by it.

Epoisses

Yea he did, over and over and over. The law is like training wheels on a bike eventually you gotta get rid of 'em.

Weeeeeeeeeeee...........I'm gettin' it

glorydaz

Are you thinking Paul did not practice what he preached? That he was still carnal....a wretched man?

Philippians 4:13
I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me.​

Robert Pate

Banned

Paul struggled with sin, just like we do. Paul was a sinner and a saint at the same time.

Proof that you are a Christian is that you will confess your weaknesses like Paul did.

john w

Hall of Fame
You are the one that is refuting God's word.

The Bible plainly teaches that the law has been abolished for Christians.

We are under grace, not law, Romans 6:14. We are under grace because the law has been abolished, Colossians 2:14.

However, those that do not believe this, like yourself, are under the law and will be judged by it.
No, he did not, you satanic spammer, and you satanically, upon orders from you father, the devil, spamming Colossians 2:14 KJV, corrupting it, revising it, as your father taught you, does not make the law void, as you flip the bird at God the Father, His Christ, and Paul.

Pate:We in the US are not under the laws of foreign countries; thus, the laws of foreign countries do not exist-they are abolished, destroyed, made void!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Pate: I received a traffic ticket, recently, for breaking the speed limit, an existing law. I went to court, and told the judge:

Judge, unless you abolish the law against speeding, destroy it, eliminate it, make it void, I will be under it, judged by it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Abolish this law!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You demonic moron, devil child.

Psalms 111 KJV

Psalms 111 KJV
7 The works of his hands are verity and judgment;all his commandments are sure.
8 They stand fast for ever and ever,and are done in truth and uprightness.

Pate, to the LORD God: Here is the bird!!! The law was abolished-it no longer exits!!!!!!!!!

You wicked, vile satanist, perverting the gospel of Christ,hater of the LORD God, and His good, just, right, spiritual law.