Jesus: The end and the fulfillment of the Old Testament

clefty

You read scripture but you don't believe it.

"But after faith is come, WE ARE NO LONGER UNDER THE SCHOOLMASTER" (the law) Galatians 3:25.

Yes we only have the rules of spelling during grammar school...once graduated they are abolished

We are no longer under it because it was contrary to us. This is why it was abolished, Colossians 2:14.

Christ will be contrary to you if you don’t follow Him His Way...

clefty

The problem here is that you read that interpretation into the scripture, rather than let it speak for itself. That being said, colossians 2:14 clearly talks about our DEBT being nailed to the cross, galatians 3:10 deals with the consequence of a life of sin and the trap of believing that you can continue to sin whilst in Messiah, and ephesians discusses the MAN MADE commands of the Shammaite Pharisees that separated jew from Gentiles-there is nothing in the Torah that separates Jews and Gentiles that are both in constant obedience to God.

Try again. If there is no exegetical harmony within your hermeneutics, you must change it. Your belief that Jesus 'abolished' the very thing He came to teach fully defies all logic of thought and His own word. Repeatedly.

Sent from my LG-H918 using Tapatalk

Yup...sadly he is not alone in this belief...

john w

Hall of Fame
You read scripture but you don't believe it.

"But after faith is come, WE ARE NO LONGER UNDER THE SCHOOLMASTER" (the law) Galatians 3:25.

We are no longer under it because it was contrary to us. This is why it was abolished, Colossians 2:14.

No, we reject your satanic "interpretation," you satanist.

Colossians 2:14does not say that the law was abolished, you bible deleter,as you add/delete words.The sin debt/IOU, was against us, you pervert, not God's good, holy, just, spiritual law, you hater of God's word.

Colossians 2 KJV
14 Blotting out the handwriting of ordinances that was against us, which was contrary to us, and took it out of the way, nailing it to his cross;

Pate:Delete "handwriting of ordinances,"and revise it it to:

Colossians 2:14 Pope Pate version
14 Blotting out the law that was against us, which was contrary to us, and took it out of the way, nailing it to his cross;

The $2 bill of the US was cancelled.

Pate: The US was cancelled.

You wicked, devious, disgusting God hater, under the curse of God, for your butchering, deleting, corrupting the word of God.

Get off this site, you vile devil child.

Last edited:

JonahofAkron

Yes we only have the rules of spelling during grammar school...once graduated they are abolished

Exactly. What in the world are people thinking?

Robert Pate

Banned

Now that is a really, really dumb interpretation of scripture.

You hate scripture.

It plainly says that we are no longer under the schoolmaster, which is the law, Galatians 3:25.

JonahofAkron

Your interpretation literally requires Jesus to contradict Himself and had Paul contradicting Jesus. That seems like the dumb interpretation to me....

Robert Pate

Banned
Your interpretation literally requires Jesus to contradict Himself and had Paul contradicting Jesus. That seems like the dumb interpretation to me....

Listen to Paul, he is speaking to you.

"Tell me that you desire to be under the law, do you not hear the law?" Galatians 4:21.

JonahofAkron

Listen to Jesus - He is speaking to you.

Matthew 5:19 Whoever, therefore, shall break one of these least commandments, and teach others to do so, shall be called least in the Kingdom of Heaven; but whoever shall do and teach them shall be called great in the Kingdom of Heaven.

meshak

BANNED
Banned

Matthew 5:19 Whoever, therefore, shall break one of these least commandments, and teach others to do so, shall be called least in the Kingdom of Heaven; but whoever shall do and teach them shall be called great in the Kingdom of Heaven.

excellent one, amen.

Robert Pate

Banned

Who is teaching anyone to break the commandments. It is the law that brings people to Christ, but I am not under the law, I am under grace, Romans 6:14.

JonahofAkron

Who is teaching anyone to break the commandments. It is the law that brings people to Christ, but I am not under the law, I am under grace, Romans 6:14.
I'm amazed you don't see how ridiculous your logic is. You are telling people to stop following the law, but that the law leads to Messiah....... What in the world? So it leads you there.... And then all precepts and commands are to....stop? And then we can sin?

clefty

You dont need grace if there is no longer law...think about it...

No one is brought to Christ if the law is abolished...think about that too...

glorydaz

I'm amazed you don't see how ridiculous your logic is. You are telling people to stop following the law, but that the law leads to Messiah....... What in the world? So it leads you there.... And then all precepts and commands are to....stop? And then we can sin?

First of all, he isn't telling people to stop following the law. That isn't his argument.

Second of all, the law's purpose IS to lead us to Christ....not so we can sin, but that we become new creations in Him, no longer under the law's stewardship, but that of the Holy Spirit.

clefty

Actually if, as he says the law was abolished by Him despite His saying “think NOT”, then there is nothing there NOW to convict people of their need for salvation...or to lead them to Him

JonahofAkron

First of all, he isn't telling people to stop following the law. That isn't his argument.
It is most certainly the logical end of his argument. It is inconsistent and ridiculous.

Second of all, the law's purpose IS to lead us to Christ....not so we can sin, but that we become new creations in Him, no longer under the law's stewardship, but that of the Holy Spirit.
I think you probably don't realize how inconsistent you sound in this. The point of not being under the tutelage of the Law is that Messiah teaches a yoke (interpretation) that is easy and light. After all, one of the major jobs of Messiah according to Jewish interpretation is to teach the law perfectly. This is certainly what He said when He discussed fullfilling the Law.

JonahofAkron

Actually if, as he says the law was abolished by Him despite His saying “think NOT”, then there is nothing there NOW to convict people of their need for salvation...or to lead them to Him
Perhaps, but if we think our relationship with one ends where the other begins, we may have a problem in understanding telos.

clefty

Perhaps, but if we think our relationship with one ends where the other begins, we may have a problem in understanding telos.

What is lost in all this is that these are less about commandments and more about descriptions of what it is like where He is...where we wish to be...

On earth as it is in Heaven. More than reveal His character it reveals what life will be like in the time to come...New Heaven and New Earth...when we are finally home as it was before sin and this detour...when finally it is ”here are they that keep the commandments of Yah and the faith OF Yahushua”...

We don’t keep them they keep us...closer to Him His way

glorydaz

It is most certainly the logical end of his argument. It is inconsistent and ridiculous.

I think you probably don't realize how inconsistent you sound in this. The point of not being under the tutelage of the Law is that Messiah teaches a yoke (interpretation) that is easy and light. After all, one of the major jobs of Messiah according to Jewish interpretation is to teach the law perfectly. This is certainly what He said when He discussed fullfilling the Law.

I'm not going by Jewish interpretation. You're free to do so, of course.