Jesus SEPARATE from Jehovah; calls Jehovah "my God."

Status
Not open for further replies.

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
If you want to know the truth then mediate on this verse which speaks of the appearing of the Lord Jesus, our great God and Savior:

"...while we wait for the blessed hope--the appearing of the glory of our great God and Savior, Jesus Christ" (Titus 2:13).​

The following passage speaks of us looking for that appearance and the "glory" which we will see will be the Lord Jesus' "glorious body":

"But our citizenship is in heaven. And we eagerly await a Savior from there, the Lord Jesus Christ, who, by the power that enables him to bring everything under his control, will transform our lowly bodies so that they will be like his glorious body" (Phil.3:20-21).​

The following verses are also speaking of the same "appearance" and the same "glory":

"Beloved, now are we the children of God, and it doth not yet appear what we shall be: but we know that, when he shall appear, we shall be like him; for we shall see him as he is" (1 Jn.3:2).​

"When Christ, who is our life, shall appear, then shall ye also appear with him in glory" (Col.3:4).​

So the "glory" in the following verse is referring to the glorious body in which we will see the Lord Jesus when He will appear:

"...while we wait for the blessed hope--the appearing of the glory of our great God and Savior, Jesus Christ" (Titus 2:13).​

In order to mediate on this verse you must have an open mind and we know that your mind is closed tight on this subject.

Its quite open, we've been over this :)

The 'glory' of God appearing in the parousia of the Lord Jesus encompasses the totality of Jesus as the revelation of God on many levels. This is not denied, since the focus is on the appearing of God's glory. One may vary in how he interprets the fine details on this. Jesus is still a distinct personality from God the Father's personality.

KingdomRose

You're clumsy, but you're dangerous, because you're intent is to harm people. It is only your clumsiness that protects people from you.

You are mean-spirited and unkind. Meshak is one who THINKS, whereas you are lacking in that department, unfortunately.

KingdomRose

Yes, the firstborn from the dead:

"And he is the head of the body, the church: who is the beginning, the firstborn from the dead; that in all things he might have the preeminence" (Col.1:18).​

uh, Jerry.....you never answered my post #831 where I asked you to explain how---if Jehovah is Jesus---how is it that Jesus HANDS BACK THE KINGDOM TO HIS GOD AND FATHER when he has taken care of getting rid of all of man's governments? (I Corinthians 15:24-28)

I'm interested in your explanation.

KingdomRose

"Jesus saith unto her, Touch me not; for I am not yet ascended to my Father: but go to my brethren, and say unto them, I ascend unto my Father, and your Father; and to my God, and your God"
(Jn.20:17).​

Before the Lord Jesus completely subjected Himself to the Father and became a Servant in that regard He was in the "form of God":

"Let this mind be in you, which was also in Christ Jesus: Who, being in the form of God, thought it not robbery to be equal with God: But made himself of no reputation, and took upon him the form of a servant, and was made in the likeness of men"
(Phil.2:5-7).​

He was also born a Jew and as a Jew He was under the Law:

"But when the fulness of the time was come, God sent forth his Son, made of a woman, made under the law"
(Ro.4:4).​

So being a Jew he was under the law and He was to keep the Ten Commandments, including this one:

"I am the LORD thy God, which have brought thee out of the land of Egypt, out of the house of bondage. Thou shalt have no other gods before me"
(Ex.20:23).​

It should surprise no one that once He took on the form of a Servant and was made flesh that He had a God.

He always had a God. Scripture says that Jesus doesn't change---in status or anything. (Heb.13:8) Jesus STILL had a God when he returned to heaven. (I Corinthians 11:3; Revelation 3:12) Explain that.

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
So... this is comical... now... you are trying to twist scripture like "Slaqq".

Aside from the fact that the Spirit of YHWH "Spiritually" conceived Jesus... with Mary... joining God with Humanity in a Spiritual manner... (Not Carnal)...

Luke 2:21

21 On the eighth day, when it was time for his b’rit-milah, he was given the name Yeshua, which is what the angel had called him before his conception.

Luke 1:36

35 The angel answered her, "The Ruach HaKodesh will come over you, the power of Ha`Elyon will cover you. Therefore the holy child born to you will be called the Son of God.

Matthew 1:18

18 Here is how the birth of Yeshua the Messiah took place. When his mother Miryam was engaged to Yosef, before they were married, she was found to be pregnant from the Ruach HaKodesh.

Honestly... rotfl... The Almighty Himself Fathers a Child... And you miss it! There's no other "Spirit Child"... EVER!

But... we'll hold onto that for later...

Anywho...

Bible Quotes YHWH Almighty saying He will never share His worship... it's all for him.

Bible quotes God in the stone 10 saying to have NO other gods besides Him and to worship no images of god or gods...

Bible Quotes YHWH Almighty Saying He never changes... clearly in reference to His Word or Bond...

Jesus is the "image of God" that all knees bow to in Heaven and earth... It says ALL KNEES!!! Is Jesus worshiped by God too? Rotfl... this leaves only ONE possibility...

Ummmmmmm.... you seriously tried to Wikipedia out of this and commentary your way out of this with Evil.Eye.<(I)> ? Tard Cart Move!

Again... who's now calling God a liar?

You LA... tell Him He screwed up the Bible and didn't say the right things to defend your false notions!

YHWH is Salvation ... YeHoshua ... Yeshua ... Jesus ...

YHWH IS SALVATION

You are seriously going to argue and twist scripture in front of God and everyone?

[MENTION=1746]freelight[/MENTION] ... you actually hit like on that response?

Fun fact...

Genesis

2 The earth was unformed and void, darkness was on the face of the deep, and the Spirit of God hovered over the surface of the water.

Matthew 14:25

25 Around four o'clock in the morning, he came toward them, walking on the lake!

Blasphemy or Revelation? Rotfl!!! Seriously...

Not YHWH? How can You not see the coolest literary depiction in history for what it is saying!!!

Anyone know what sandbagging is? I've been doing it on this topic... and you still can't keep up.....

200w.gif

Do any of you "Slaqq" Yocals understand what "To the glory of the Father" means?

tabernacle3.jpg

You guys "Slaqq" me up!!!

LA...

# Next time you want to Wiki do... how about you Wiki Don't!!!

And.... I'm wondering... Anyone know what or (WHO) the Rib of Adam is symbolic of? Evil.Grin.<(I)>

Hint... Bone of my Bone.... You "Slaqquettes" are seriously slower than molasses on the floor of a freezer!

# And...

Who's Lying?

You tried to tell us that Adoni is Almighty God.

I gave proof that the God is Adonai and that Jesus is Adoni.

So now you try to squirm out of it with your smoke screen and dishonorable way of calling names.

You have no respect for God or for His children, you are just another discredited religionist.

LA

Crucible

BANNED
Banned
There are many of times in scripture where God, having no higher authority, refers to His own righteousness- to justify His righteousness :chuckle:

It's a rare occurrence of valid circular logic, and it applies to Jesus.

Jerry Shugart

He always had a God. Scripture says that Jesus doesn't change---in status or anything. (Heb.13:8) Jesus STILL had a God when he returned to heaven. (I Corinthians 11:3; Revelation 3:12) Explain that.

1 Corinthians 11:3 is referring to the Lord Jesus as the "annointed" one, meaning his role as Man and not as God. The same can be said for what He said at Revelation 3:12, especially since in the context He is sitting at the right hand of the Father in the Father's throne. But later we see that there is but ONE who is sitting in the throne of God and of the Lamb:

"And there shall be no more curse: but the throne of God and of the Lamb shall be in it; and his servants shall serve him: And they shall see his face; and his name shall be in their foreheads" (Rev.22:3-4).​

Then we read this about the ONE who is sitting in the throne of God and of the Lamb:

"And he that sat upon the throne said, Behold, I make all things new. And he said unto me, Write: for these words are true and faithfulAnd he said unto me, It is done. I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end. I will give unto him that is athirst of the fountain of the water of life freely. He that overcometh shall inherit all things; and I will be his God, and he shall be my son" (Rev.21:5-7).​

The following verses reveal that Jesus Christ is the "Alpha and the Omega, the beginning and the end":

"And, behold, I come quickly; and my reward is with me, to give every man according as his work shall be. I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end, the first and the last" (Rev.22:12-13).​

It is the Lord Jesus who is said to be coming quickly:

"He which testifieth these things saith, Surely I come quickly. Amen. Even so, come, Lord Jesus" (Rev.22:12-13).​

There can be no doubt that since there can only be ONE "Alpha and Omega, the beginning and end" then the Lord Jesus is God.

Last edited:

KingdomRose

1 Corinthians 11:3 is referring to the Lord Jesus as the "annointed" one, meaning his role as Man and not as God. The same can be said for what He said at Revelation 3:12, especially since in the context He is sitting at the right hand of the Father in the Father's throne. But later we see that there is but ONE who is sitting in the throne of God and of the Lamb:

"And there shall be no more curse: but the throne of God and of the Lamb shall be in it; and his servants shall serve him: And they shall see his face; and his name shall be in their foreheads" (Rev.22:3-4).​

Then we read this about the ONE who is sitting in the throne of God and of the Lamb:

"And he that sat upon the throne said, Behold, I make all things new. And he said unto me, Write: for these words are true and faithfulAnd he said unto me, It is done. I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end. I will give unto him that is athirst of the fountain of the water of life freely. He that overcometh shall inherit all things; and I will be his God, and he shall be my son" (Rev.21:5-7).​

I Corinthians 11:3---written after Jesus was back in heaven---states that "the head of Christ is God." That means that God, the Father, is superior to Christ.

Revelation 3:12 also shows that JESUS CHRIST HAS A GOD. God Almighty does not HAVE a God. Or do you think that He does?

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I Corinthians 11:3---written after Jesus was back in heaven---states that "the head of Christ is God." That means that God, the Father, is superior to Christ.

Revelation 3:12 also shows that JESUS CHRIST HAS A GOD. God Almighty does not HAVE a God. Or do you think that He does?

This is only positional. Who is the Alpha and the Omega?

KingdomRose

Oh are JWs now pro-college/graduate studies?

We don't try to discourage or judge anybody who is going to college. A few of our members do so. That is up to them. Most of us don't want to go to college because it takes a lot of time and money and doesn't guarantee a good job.

I went to college for 5 years. I have a Bachelor of Science degree. But I ended up working for the Post Office because I really enjoyed it, and I didn't like being a Dietitian.

And what would being a doctor or lawyer get me in Paradise? There will be no doctors or lawyers. My sons who know how to work with electricity and how to build houses will be of immense help in the new system.

Nihilo

BANNED
Banned
There aren't very many on my path. I would think that's good. Jesus said FEW would be on the road leading to life. Looks like you are on the road with LOTS of people.
If the JW's had zero followers, that would be the fewest, and the narrowest gate of all.

Something to aspire to.

Off you go.

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Jehovah is the Alpha and Omega. Revelation does not say that Christ is.

Yes it does. He is the First and the Last, the Alpha and the Omega.

Revelation 1:17-18 King James Version (KJV)

17 And when I saw him, I fell at his feet as dead. And he laid his right hand upon me, saying unto me, Fear not; I am the first and the last:

18 I am he that liveth, and was dead; and, behold, I am alive for evermore, Amen; and have the keys of hell and of death.

Status
Not open for further replies.