Jesus SEPARATE from Jehovah; calls Jehovah "my God."

Status
Not open for further replies.

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
So that woman had the power to demand that a spirit leave if it wasn't of Christ.

Stop it boy, it stinks already.

Flamin' freak.

We judge a teaching by its content, its ethic, principle, meaning and value, and in the appropriate context. I recommend a minor adjustment of consciousness on your part....for starters.....:crackup:

Eagles Wings

But in the worst way, it is completely defective. Meshak has ill intent. But mercifully Meshak is clumsy; their clumsiness protects people.
You may be on to something, regarding the person who is striking out and yet seems vulnernable, too.

Last edited:

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
That's a lot of words for someone that tells others they use a lot of words...

Let's do the scriptural math... right here... right now!

Exodus 34:14

14 because you are not to bow down to any other god; since ADONAI -whose very name is Jealous -is a jealous God.

Malachi 3:6 Complete Jewish Bible (CJB)

6 “But because I, Adonai, do not change,
you sons of Ya‘akov will not be destroyed.

Philippians 2

9 Therefore God raised him to the highest place and gave him the name above every name; 10 that in honor of the name given Yeshua, every knee will bow - in heaven, on earth and under the earth 11 and every tongue will acknowledgeb that Yeshua the Messiah is ADONAI - to the glory of God the Father.

(Royal Flush)

I've got another one too... Who's lying?

So who is lying?

Yeshua the Messiah can not be Adonai.

Adonai and Adoni (Psalm 110:1)

The Bible’s supreme proof text for telling the difference between the One God and the Messiah who is not God

This verse was referred to the Messiah by the Pharisees and by Jesus. It tells us that the relationship between God and Jesus is that of Deity and non-Deity. The Messiah is called adoni (my lord) and in every one of its 195 occurrences adoni (my lord) means a superior who is not God. Adonai on the other hand refers exclusively to the One God in all of its 449 occurrences. Adonai is the title of Deity and adoni never designates Deity.

If the Messiah were called Adonai this would introduce “two Gods” into the Bible and would be polytheism. Psalm 110:1 should guard us all against supposing that there are two who are God. In fact the Messiah is the supreme human being and agent of the One God. Psalm 110:1 is the Bible’s master text for defining the Son of God in relation to the One God, his Father.

Why is it that a number of commentaries misstate the facts about Psalm 110:1? They assert that the word for the Messiah in Psalm 110:1 is adonai. It is not. These commentaries seem to obscure a classic text defining God in relation to His Son. The Hebrew text assigns to the Messiah the title adoni which invariably distinguishes the one addressed from the Deity. The Messiah is the supreme human lord. He is not the Lord God (cp. I Tim. 2:5; I Cor. 8:4-6; Mark 12:28ff).

Why is the Messiah called adoni (my lord) and never adonai (my Lord God)?

“Adonai and Adoni are variations of Masoretic pointing to distinguish divine reference from human.”

Adonai is referred to God but Adoni to human superiors.

Adoni — ref. to men: my lord, my master [see Ps. 110:1]

Adonai — ref. to God…Lord (Brown, Driver, Briggs, Hebrew and English Lexicon of the Old Testament, under adon [= lord]).

“The form ADONI (‘my lord’), a royal title (I Sam. 29:8), is to be carefully distinguished from the divine title ADONAI (‘my Lord’) used of Yahweh.” “ADONAI — the special plural form [the divine title] distinguishes it from adonai [with short vowel] = my lords” (International Standard Bible Encyclopedia, “Lord,” p. 157).

“Lord in the OT is used to translate ADONAI when applied to the Divine Being. The [Hebrew] word…has a suffix [with special pointing] presumably for the sake of distinction…between divine and human appellative” (Hastings Dictionary of the Bible, “Lord,” Vol. 3, p. 137).

“Hebrew Adonai exclusively denotes the God of Israel. It is attested about 450 times in the OT…Adoni [is] addressed to human beings (Gen. 44:7, Num. 32:25, II Kings 2:19 [etc.]). We have to assume that the word adonai received its special form to distinguish it from the secular use of adon [i.e., adoni]. The reason why [God is addressed] as adonai, [with long vowel] instead of the normal adon, adoni or adonai [with short vowel] may have been to distinguish Yahweh from other gods and from human lords” (Dictionary of Deities and Demons in the Bible, p. 531).

http://focusonthekingdom.org/articles/adonai.htm

Evil.Eye.<(I)>

BANNED
Banned
That's a lot of words for someone that tells others they use a lot of words...

Let's do the scriptural math... right here... right now!

Exodus 34:14

14 because you are not to bow down to any other god; since ADONAI -whose very name is Jealous -is a jealous God.

Malachi 3:6 Complete Jewish Bible (CJB)

6 “But because I, Adonai, do not change,
you sons of Ya‘akov will not be destroyed.

Philippians 2

9 Therefore God raised him to the highest place and gave him the name above every name; 10 that in honor of the name given Yeshua, every knee will bow - in heaven, on earth and under the earth 11 and every tongue will acknowledgeb that Yeshua the Messiah is ADONAI - to the glory of God the Father.

(Royal Flush)

I've got another one too... Who's lying?

So who is lying?
Spoiler

Yeshua the Messiah can not be Adonai.

Adonai and Adoni (Psalm 110:1)

The Bible’s supreme proof text for telling the difference between the One God and the Messiah who is not God

This verse was referred to the Messiah by the Pharisees and by Jesus. It tells us that the relationship between God and Jesus is that of Deity and non-Deity. The Messiah is called adoni (my lord) and in every one of its 195 occurrences adoni (my lord) means a superior who is not God. Adonai on the other hand refers exclusively to the One God in all of its 449 occurrences. Adonai is the title of Deity and adoni never designates Deity.

If the Messiah were called Adonai this would introduce “two Gods” into the Bible and would be polytheism. Psalm 110:1 should guard us all against supposing that there are two who are God. In fact the Messiah is the supreme human being and agent of the One God. Psalm 110:1 is the Bible’s master text for defining the Son of God in relation to the One God, his Father.

Why is it that a number of commentaries misstate the facts about Psalm 110:1? They assert that the word for the Messiah in Psalm 110:1 is adonai. It is not. These commentaries seem to obscure a classic text defining God in relation to His Son. The Hebrew text assigns to the Messiah the title adoni which invariably distinguishes the one addressed from the Deity. The Messiah is the supreme human lord. He is not the Lord God (cp. I Tim. 2:5; I Cor. 8:4-6; Mark 12:28ff).

Why is the Messiah called adoni (my lord) and never adonai (my Lord God)?

“Adonai and Adoni are variations of Masoretic pointing to distinguish divine reference from human.”

Adonai is referred to God but Adoni to human superiors.

Adoni — ref. to men: my lord, my master [see Ps. 110:1]

Adonai — ref. to God…Lord (Brown, Driver, Briggs, Hebrew and English Lexicon of the Old Testament, under adon [= lord]).

“The form ADONI (‘my lord’), a royal title (I Sam. 29:8), is to be carefully distinguished from the divine title ADONAI (‘my Lord’) used of Yahweh.” “ADONAI — the special plural form [the divine title] distinguishes it from adonai [with short vowel] = my lords” (International Standard Bible Encyclopedia, “Lord,” p. 157).

“Lord in the OT is used to translate ADONAI when applied to the Divine Being. The [Hebrew] word…has a suffix [with special pointing] presumably for the sake of distinction…between divine and human appellative” (Hastings Dictionary of the Bible, “Lord,” Vol. 3, p. 137).

“Hebrew Adonai exclusively denotes the God of Israel. It is attested about 450 times in the OT…Adoni [is] addressed to human beings (Gen. 44:7, Num. 32:25, II Kings 2:19 [etc.]). We have to assume that the word adonai received its special form to distinguish it from the secular use of adon [i.e., adoni]. The reason why [God is addressed] as adonai, [with long vowel] instead of the normal adon, adoni or adonai [with short vowel] may have been to distinguish Yahweh from other gods and from human lords” (Dictionary of Deities and Demons in the Bible, p. 531).

http://focusonthekingdom.org/articles/adonai.htm

So... this is comical... now... you are trying to twist scripture like "Slaqq".

Aside from the fact that the Spirit of YHWH "Spiritually" conceived Jesus... with Mary... joining God with Humanity in a Spiritual manner... (Not Carnal)...

Luke 2:21

21 On the eighth day, when it was time for his b’rit-milah, he was given the name Yeshua, which is what the angel had called him before his conception.

Luke 1:36

35 The angel answered her, "The Ruach HaKodesh will come over you, the power of Ha`Elyon will cover you. Therefore the holy child born to you will be called the Son of God.

Matthew 1:18

18 Here is how the birth of Yeshua the Messiah took place. When his mother Miryam was engaged to Yosef, before they were married, she was found to be pregnant from the Ruach HaKodesh.

Honestly... rotfl... The Almighty Himself Fathers a Child... And you miss it! There's no other "Spirit Child"... EVER!

But... we'll hold onto that for later...

Anywho...

Bible Quotes YHWH Almighty saying He will never share His worship... it's all for him.

Bible quotes God in the stone 10 saying to have NO other gods besides Him and to worship no images of god or gods...

Bible Quotes YHWH Almighty Saying He never changes... clearly in reference to His Word or Bond...

Jesus is the "image of God" that all knees bow to in Heaven and earth... It says ALL KNEES!!! Is Jesus worshiped by God too? Rotfl... this leaves only ONE possibility...

Ummmmmmm.... you seriously tried to Wikipedia out of this and commentary your way out of this with Evil.Eye.<(I)> ? Tard Cart Move!

Again... who's now calling God a liar?

You LA... tell Him He screwed up the Bible and didn't say the right things to defend your false notions!

YHWH is Salvation ... YeHoshua ... Yeshua ... Jesus ...

YHWH IS SALVATION

You are seriously going to argue and twist scripture in front of God and everyone?

[MENTION=1746]freelight[/MENTION] ... you actually hit like on that response?

Fun fact...

Genesis

2 The earth was unformed and void, darkness was on the face of the deep, and the Spirit of God hovered over the surface of the water.

Matthew 14:25

25 Around four o'clock in the morning, he came toward them, walking on the lake!

Blasphemy or Revelation? Rotfl!!! Seriously...

Not YHWH? How can You not see the coolest literary depiction in history for what it is saying!!!

Anyone know what sandbagging is? I've been doing it on this topic... and you still can't keep up.....

200w.gif

Do any of you "Slaqq" Yocals understand what "To the glory of the Father" means?

tabernacle3.jpg

You guys "Slaqq" me up!!!

LA...

# Next time you want to Wiki do... how about you Wiki Don't!!!

And.... I'm wondering... Anyone know what or (WHO) the Rib of Adam is symbolic of? Evil.Grin.<(I)>

Hint... Bone of my Bone.... You "Slaqquettes" are seriously slower than molasses on the floor of a freezer!

# And...

Who's Lying?

Last edited:

Nihilo

BANNED
Banned
Freelight would you call yourself or identify as panentheistic monist? Or is that redundant? I identify as Christian. :)
:)

That does describe me philosophically fairly close....more liberally a progressive theist, pan-entheist/monist, but when I relate to 'God' as a personality, and venture more within the bounderies of more orthodox theist traditions,...could could also be a 'mono-theist'. - I enjoy aspects of Gnosticism, neo-paganism, Esseneism, Theosophy, Spiritualism, Perennial Philosophy, the mystical traditions of east and west, because they all have the same golden thread of truth running thru them, by virtue of their source. I just share a more Unitarian view for praticality sake Christologically speaking, although as spiritualist-mystic I have no HUGE problem with a trinitarian Christology as far as that being a 'relational concept' in which to conceptualize the multi-faceted FACE of God, in this various personality-expressions. - on the surface its just 'conceptual'...nothing to become a martyr over.

As I've shared before the Urantia Book has a most wonderful description of what it calls the Paradise Trinity,....the highest original Godhead from which all other gods, deities, angels and mortals flow down from along a divine hierarchy. This 'Godhead' is at the very center of all reality, as all creation emenates forth outwards from it into the reaches of space. So a trinitarian relational-matrix is not foreign to me, and presents a relationally diverse matrix in which to engage 'God'. I just dont care for those pushing the orthodox definition of the Trinity as a 'dogmatic truth' or something, when I dont think it is. You can share the concept, and the only real value that concept will have is what meaning or value it can relay or communicate, as long as the conceptual frame remains coherent and useful.

As shared, there is an even higher Trinity and various other trinities (triodites, tri-unities) within the great cosmic hierarchy and systems of nature as revealed in the Urantia Revelation. There are also telepathic records and other ET sources communications that reveal most wonderful cosmologies and conceptual frames in which to reference reality. Calling our own little scope or rose-coloured glasses the only 'lens' in which reality is so defined is a bit myopic. There is so much more out there beyond our knowledge.

I also access many teachings from the Spirit-world from various schools and sources, and many spirits from those realms affirm a purely Unitarian monotheist/monist view of 'God', there is only one infinite universal SOURCE. The Law of One teachings by Ra are also seminal in this regard. So...there's lots of room for diversity but most all spirit-souls intuit a universal primal SOUL from which all is derived (the Over-Soul of Creation). There is One Supreme Being, which includes the totality of all actuals and potentials, since this 'Being' includes all evolution, all souls in its totality. - in this sense 'God' grows within the expanse of His infinite potential, interacting with creation, as all potentials and possibilities, and in this way Creator and Creation are engaged :) - a wonderful marriage isn't it?
"Loose lips sink ships." I have a replicate of an old wartime poster, and it reads, "Loose lips might sink ships." I think in dropping the "might," we welcome in a coarse and unloving fundamentalism.

Linguistically if there is another noun besides 'God,' that is on a par with God in any way, then that other noun is also God. For example, "God is love." When you posit a set of all things, including the Maker and His creation together, that set is not God, not according to me nor to the One Christian faith (Eph4:5KJV). This separates monism/panentheism from Christianity entirely and completely, they are different faiths.

But given that the Church, according to the Church's magisterium, consists of all those with faith in baptism, whether Catholic or not, there is no reason to think that believing in a panenthistic/monistic faith necessarily precludes a person from membership in the Body of Christ, just as Unitarianism doesn't necessarily do this either. The preceding in no way validates these variations, but it does allow for Christ's servants to serve their Master in whatever way we see fit, independent of the fact that our Master already tells us clearly how He encourages us to serve Him, Him speaking through the infallible teachings of the magisterium of His Church.

As a Christian, I see it as within my rights, and as correct, to insist on an interpretation of the Lord Jesus as either God or fraud. I have examined the evidence for fraud, and found it weaker than the evidence for God. And I personally don't see any justifiable position between these two extremes.

meshak

BANNED
Banned
I think it best sometimes before judging another negatively, that perhaps we try a positive affirmative spin on our observation, which inspires the other person to consider the positive view point. In this way we can engage in 'creative dialogue' and like artists, use our words in the most resourceful ways ;)

Keep your opinion to yourself.

You are giving unsolicited advices. It is arrogant, dear.

BTW, most of your comments are so vague and not clear. It can be taken any ways.

It seems that is the tactic to avoid ban. You are not brave. Cowardly is first in the list of sins.

peace.

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
Eclectic Wisdom.................

Eclectic Wisdom.................

"Loose lips sink ships." I have a replicate of an old wartime poster, and it reads, "Loose lips might sink ships." I think in dropping the "might," we welcome in a coarse and unloving fundamentalism.

Linguistically if there is another noun besides 'God,' that is on a par with God in any way, then that other noun is also God. For example, "God is love." When you posit a set of all things, including the Maker and His creation together, that set is not God, not according to me nor to the One Christian faith (Eph4:5KJV). This separates monism/panentheism from Christianity entirely and completely, they are different faiths.

But given that the Church, according to the Church's magisterium, consists of all those with faith in baptism, whether Catholic or not, there is no reason to think that believing in a panenthistic/monistic faith necessarily precludes a person from membership in the Body of Christ, just as Unitarianism doesn't necessarily do this either. The preceding in no way validates these variations, but it does allow for Christ's servants to serve their Master in whatever way we see fit, independent of the fact that our Master already tells us clearly how He encourages us to serve Him, Him speaking through the infallible teachings of the magisterium of His Church.

As a Christian, I see it as within my rights, and as correct, to insist on an interpretation of the Lord Jesus as either God or fraud. I have examined the evidence for fraud, and found it weaker than the evidence for God. And I personally don't see any justifiable position between these two extremes.

:)

I applaud the RRC's stance on it 'catholicity' (universalism) although it is 'circumscribed' of course to its own creed and dogma. Becoming more liberal and inclusive is a good move on certain levels. I'm well aware that a purely pan-theistic/monist position might take one out from the more traditionally held monotheistic Abrahamic faiths, but even these more 'orthodox' schools you have your more liberal mystics and esoteric studies. Hence my interest and proclivities towards Theosophy and the Perennial Wisdom which takes all the orthodox religious traditions and its sub-schools and draws out their shared universal and fundamental truth at the most primal level, and appropriates it accordingly in meditation, study and practice. Ultimately this kind of knowledge respectfully contemplated inspires genuine worship of the divine at the very heart of existence, so uplifts, sanctifies the whole of human experience. It considers the heart of matter and spirit, the 'science' underlying all.

Jerry Shugart

Ultimately this kind of knowledge respectfully contemplated inspires genuine worship of the divine at the very heart of existence, so uplifts, sanctifies the whole of human experience. It considers the heart of matter and spirit, the 'science' underlying all.

If you want to know the truth then mediate on this verse which speaks of the appearing of the Lord Jesus, our great God and Savior:

"...while we wait for the blessed hope--the appearing of the glory of our great God and Savior, Jesus Christ" (Titus 2:13).​

The following passage speaks of us looking for that appearance and the "glory" which we will see will be the Lord Jesus' "glorious body":

"But our citizenship is in heaven. And we eagerly await a Savior from there, the Lord Jesus Christ, who, by the power that enables him to bring everything under his control, will transform our lowly bodies so that they will be like his glorious body" (Phil.3:20-21).​

The following verses are also speaking of the same "appearance" and the same "glory":

"Beloved, now are we the children of God, and it doth not yet appear what we shall be: but we know that, when he shall appear, we shall be like him; for we shall see him as he is" (1 Jn.3:2).​

"When Christ, who is our life, shall appear, then shall ye also appear with him in glory" (Col.3:4).​

So the "glory" in the following verse is referring to the glorious body in which we will see the Lord Jesus when He will appear:

"...while we wait for the blessed hope--the appearing of the glory of our great God and Savior, Jesus Christ" (Titus 2:13).​

In order to mediate on this verse you must have an open mind and we know that your mind is closed tight on this subject.

Status
Not open for further replies.