Jesus SEPARATE from Jehovah; calls Jehovah "my God."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jerry Shugart

Jesus never said he was God, but the son of God, and the Jews tried to twist his word to make it that he was making himself as God so that they put him to death for blasphemy.

Let us look how Paul used the term "son of..." when speaking to a sorcerer named Elymas:

"O full of all deceit and all fraud, you son of the devil, you enemy of all righteousness, will you not cease perverting the straight ways of the Lord?"
(Acts 13:10).​

Of course Paul was not saying that Elymas was a literal son of the devil. Instead, he was saying that the "nature" of Elymas is that of the devil. So when it is said that the Lord Jesus is the "son of man" what is being said that His nature is that of man. And when it is said that He is the "son of God" what is being said is that His very nature is that of God.

Let us look at the way that the Unitarians understood the term "son of man" in regard to the Lord Jesus. The say:

"He did not 'toot his own horn,' but instead called himself 'the son of man,' which, in the Aramaic language he spoke, meant 'a man'" (biblicalunitarian.com).​

Since in the Aramaic language the term "son of man" means "man" then we can understand that in the same language the term "son of God" means "God."

Jesus clearly corrected the Jews here, when they said that he blasphemes because tried to make himself God , he said you say that I blaspheme because I say that I am the son of God?

Oh, yes, by all means. He corrected them so good that they still wanted to kill Him:

"Say ye of him, whom the Father hath sanctified, and sent into the world, Thou blasphemest; because I said, I am the Son of God? If I do not the works of my Father, believe me not. But if I do, though ye believe not me, believe the works: that ye may know, and believe, that the Father is in me, and I in him. Therefore they sought again to take him: but he escaped out of their hand" (Jn.10:36-39).​

Last edited:

RBBI

He does not even realize that by his own doctrine he makes Yeshua to answer his own prayer to the Father YHWH, in John 17:1-26, and that his doctrine also makes you and me and all the faithful into his God. Perhaps he worships at the feet of the faithful as it is written in Rev 3:9? :idunno: :chuckle:

The core problem is without having had the Father reveal just WHO the foundation IS, they build in vain, and this is just one of many errors incurred by the Jezebel-serving "church" as a result of not making it according to the pattern shown Moshe in the mount (which includes ONE G-d).

RBBI

Here we see a plurality in the Godhead:

"And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness... So God created man in his own image" (Gen1:26,27).​

Here God is spoken of as being a plurality. This is a case of a "compound unity," a concept which is spoken of here:

"For this cause shall a man leave his father and mother, and shall be joined unto his wife, and they two shall be one flesh. This is a great mystery" (Eph.5:31-32).​

This concept is above the reasoning of our finite minds and that is why Paul calls it a "mystery." Nevertheless, the concept of "compound unity" is found in the Bible and that same concept applies to the Godhead.

The Bible reveals that there is One God in three Divine Persons. That is why we read of the "name" (singular) of God here:

"Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Spirit" (Mt.28:19).​

I understand compound unity just fine, but do you, because you have portrayed a G-d with 3 heads? Shall a woman have 3 husbands under the law? Your witness is therefore FALSE.

RBBI

And Jesus never corrected them.
Why do you?

He never corrected them because He was as a lamb to the slaughter, and because flesh and blood cannot reveal who the Son is (including HIS), but only the Father can, as Yeshua testified.

drbrumley

He never corrected them because He was as a lamb to the slaughter, and because flesh and blood cannot reveal who the Son is (including HIS), but only the Father can, as Yeshua testified.

:rotfl: You stop at nothing to diminish His deity....

drbrumley

Yet He corrected them on everything else...

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
And how by Jesus saying that God is his father does that make himself God?

The men understood the concept of like father, like son.

Humans have human sons and God has God sons. It's a law of nature.

daqq

The one whose face Isaiah told king Hezekiah to smash beyond recognition.
The one they were burning incense to, that is to say, praying to.
The one Moses raised up on a pole in the wilderness.

And for all this the anger of the Father YHWH is not turned away. :chuckle:

1Mind1Spirit

Literal lunatic
Oh, yes, by all means. He corrected them so good that they still wanted to kill Him:

"Say ye of him, whom the Father hath sanctified, and sent into the world, Thou blasphemest; because I said, I am the Son of God? If I do not the works of my Father, believe me not. But if I do, though ye believe not me, believe the works: that ye may know, and believe, that the Father is in me, and I in him. Therefore they sought again to take him: but he escaped out of their hand" (Jn.10:36-39).​

He was willingly delivered by them for envy.

James 4:5 "The spirit that dwelleth in us lusteth to envy"

Last edited:

drbrumley

The one whose face Isaiah told king Hezekiah to smash beyond recognition.
The one they were burning incense to, that is to say, praying to.
The one Moses raised up on a pole in the wilderness.

And for all this the anger of the Father YHWH is not turned away. :chuckle:

Well then, it seems ole RBBI hasn't a clue who I worship. Thanks for clearing that up

Jerry Shugart

I understand compound unity just fine, but do you, because you have portrayed a G-d with 3 heads? Shall a woman have 3 husbands under the law? Your witness is therefore FALSE.

The word "compound" is not limited to just two things. And just because the example I gave only speaks of two things does not mean that the "compound unity" in regard to God is limited to just two entities.

Here we see a "compound unity" in regard to God:

"And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness... So God created man in his own image" (Gen1:26,27).​

daqq

The word "compound" is not limited to just two things. And just because the example I gave only speaks of two things does not mean that the "compound unity" in regard to God is limited to just two entities.

We've been over that also: your God "knows" evil.
My heavenly Father YHWH does not know evil.

1Mind1Spirit

Literal lunatic

Epistle of Barnabas

CHAP. IV.

1FOR this cause did our Lord vouchsafe to give up his body to destruction, that through the forgiveness of our sins we might be sanctified; that is, by the sprinkling of his blood.

2 Now for what concerns the things that are written about him, some belong to the people of the Jews, and some to us.

3 For thus saith the Scripture: He was wounded for our transgressions, he was bruised for our iniquities, and by his blood we arehealed. He was led as a lamb to the slaughter, and as a sheep before his shearers is dumb, so he opened not his mouth.

4 Wherefore we ought the more to give thanks unto God, for that he hath both declared unto us what is passed, and not suffered us to be without understanding of those things that are to come.

5 But to them he saith; The nets are not unjustly spread for the birds.

6 This he spake, because a man will justly perish, if having the knowledge of the way of truth, he shall nevertheless not refrain himself from the way of darkness.

7 And for this cause the Lord was content to suffer for our souls, although he be the Lord of the whole earth; to whom God said before the beginning of the world, Let us make man after our own image and likeness.

Jerry Shugart

We've been over that also: your God "knows" evil.
My heavenly Father YHWH does not know evil.

The God I worship knows the evil things which some men do:

"For My eyes are on all their ways; they are not hidden from My face, nor is their iniquity concealed from My eyes"
(Jer.16:17).

Does the God you worship not know the evil deeds of some men?

daqq

The God I worship knows the evil things which some men do:

"For My eyes are on all their ways; they are not hidden from My face, nor is their iniquity concealed from My eyes"
(Jer.16:17).

Does the God you worship not know the evil deeds of some men?

The Seven Eyes of YHWH are not YHWH Himself, but as it is written: the Eyes of YHWH.
Behold, upon one Stone whose name is Tzemach-Branch: Seven Eyes, (Zec 3:9).
And those Seven are the Eyes of YHWH sent forth into all His Land, (Zec 4:10).
And the same are the Seven Spirits before His throne, (Rev 5:6).
Just as Noah found grace in the Eyes of YHWH, (Gen 6:8).

Uriel, Raphael, Raguel, Miykael, Sariel-Yisrael, Gabriel, Raamiel. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.