Jesus, Paul and the Law

Status
Not open for further replies.

jaybird

No. :dunce: We cannot fulfill no dingdong Law made be God, which only He can satiffy. You are confusing what Timothy said to Paul; "seeing is believing, and if saved they should do good works" Which is true BUT far different than saying I will get myself saved by doing good works on my own, as if to say, "who needs Jesus, I can be just as good"

Now think this out and wake up to God's word.

i remember Jesus going on and on about hypocrites, He did not care for them. yet Jesus is always telling others to follow Him when, according to you, no one is capable of following Him.
if i challenged someone to a race, and i drove a Porsche while they drove a mopad, would that not make me a hypocrite.

Ktoyou

Hall of Fame
i remember Jesus going on and on about hypocrites, He did not care for them. yet Jesus is always telling others to follow Him when, according to you, no one is capable of following Him.
if i challenged someone to a race, and i drove a Porsche while they drove a mopad, would that not make me a hypocrite.

Nonsense! Jesus freeing man of sin has nothing to do with following His good example. Where do you idiots come from? What you say makes no sense at all!

jaybird

Nonsense! Jesus freeing man of sin has nothing to do with following His good example. Where do you idiots come from? What you say makes no sense at all!
im pretty sure mankind has sinned since then.
i agree, it makes no sense at all that a good teacher would ask a student to do something they were prevented from doing.

meshak

BANNED
Banned
im pretty sure mankind has sinned since then.
i agree, it makes no sense at all that a good teacher would ask a student to do something they were prevented from doing.

Jesus gave such high standards to us so we wont boast.

Regardless, we ought to strive to be like Jesus.

clefty

Jesus gave such high standards to us so we wont boast.

Regardless, we ought to strive to be like Jesus.

They are at this again eh? Fight the good fight Meshak, persevere until the end...stay faithful in your obedience

Here are they that keep the commandments of Yah...and the faith OF Yahushua...John can't make it more clear than that

Paul also said "copy me as I copied Christ..."

This study http://www.fogwhistle.ca/acts/evidence.html

can NOT be posted enough for those who slander and false witness that Paul taught the law was changed...just as Jews did during his time in Acts

Abraham was given a promise had faith BEFORE he was circumcisized...

Moses too was chosen had faith THEN was circumcised...

The Hebrews had faith and were saved BEFORE they were given the laws...

Faith makes us grateful for what was done for us...thus compels us to want to try and obey...Him His way

The faith OF Yahushua does not include ham dinners after Sunday church...

Work your salvation with fear and trembling...and in gratitude for what was done for you...

daqq

this is why the law was abolished, Ephesians 2:15.

Ephesians 2:15 W/H
15 την εχθραν εν τη σαρκι αυτου τον νομον των εντολων εν δογμασιν καταργησας ινα τους δυο κτιση εν αυτω εις ενα καινον ανθρωπον ποιων ειρηνην

G1378 δόγμα dogma (d̮og'-ma) n.
1. that which is supposed as good or which seems right (whether it actually is or not).
2. (concisely) an opinion on a matter.
3. (by conclusion) a decree or ordinance (civil, ceremonial or ecclesiastical).
[from the base of G1380]
KJV: decree, ordinance
Root(s): G1380
See also: G1379

δογμασιν = dogmasin = dogma(s)
δογμασιν = Sanhedrin rulings, written decrees, and [man's] interpretations of the Torah

The law was abolished by the death of Christ.

"Blotting out the handwriting of ordinances that was against us, which was contrary to us and took it out of the way NAILING IT TO HIS CROSS" Colossians 2:14

Colossians 2:14 W/H
14 εξαλειψας το καθ ημων χειρογραφον τοις δογμασιν ο ην υπεναντιον ημιν και αυτο ηρκεν εκ του μεσου προσηλωσας αυτο τω σταυρω

LOL, there it is again Robert . . . DOGMASIN, the traditions of men, the faulty interpretations and written decrees of the commandments and rulings of the Sanhedrin. It is no different from the dogmas and rulings of the RCC, ("church dogma"). You and 95% of mainstream modern Christianity have jumped the gun and automatically assumed that Paul speaks of "abolishing the entire Torah". If you had actually done your own research you would have easily found these things, (moreover this has already been shown to you multiple times before now!), but many people never go looking for what might prove them wrong, no, because the herd does not genuinely desire the truth at any cost, but rather only go looking for ways to edify themselves and enhance the facade which they choose to hide behind. The two main passages used in your OP dissertation are once again terribly misunderstood by yourself, (and I say once again because of the many times this has already been brought to your attention).

Look up dogma in the Septuagint: it appears NOWHERE in the Torah, (but is used in Esther and Daniel for the decrees and ordinances of kings, "the decrees of the Medes and Persians", etc.,).

Last edited:

clefty

Yes, this is their main beef. We are hypocrites if we don't agree with them.

It works at a secular level too...you wanna join a club ya gotz to keep their rules to represent

Why one who understands what they are saved from would not want to join Him and follow His house rules is beyond me...

Can't say it enough...we don't have to keep His Laws...we want to...

and yes we never will keep all the Law perfectly but we will want to keep trying...they not only point to Him our salvation and our afterlife...but make life here now much more abundant

I play tennis...the rules make the game...keep the game and I want to keep them cuz I want to play tennis...

No I don't keep all the rules all the time sometimes I hit the net or hit it out but I try to keep the rules...

Yes I have played with those who do not want to keep the rules...it is no longer tennis nor even fun

Nihilo

BANNED
Banned
Jesus instructed that we keep and teach the commandments.
Who's "we?" He instructed His Apostles, and His Apostles administrated His Church; you ought to heed their successors, the bishops/overseers/elders of the Church. They are authorized to teach what the Lord Jesus wants you to know, and do.

clefty

Who's "we?" He instructed His Apostles, and His Apostles administrated His Church; you ought to heed their successors, the bishops/overseers/elders of the Church. They are authorized to teach what the Lord Jesus wants you to know, and do.

Their authority is lost if they bring a strange fire into the temple...

daqq

Lol, my "bishops/overseers/elders" are PILLARS and they are named in Galatians 2:9. The mistake of your "church" is in thinking that they are dead and needed to be replaced by yourselves and your doctrines. :chuckle:

Status
Not open for further replies.